Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 01-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
afonso_alves
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default hector lombard!

like the way he's talking! has he gota fight lined up next or not?

Letís cut the bullshit, letís be honest, they wonít give me Anderson Silva. We have to be realistic and talk about things that might happen. Iíve got to take one fight at a time and one-by-one I can take them out and by the end of the year people are going to say he deserves the title shot. I want it to just be my hard work. I want people to say that no one deserves the title more than him. I just donít want to fight guys that they say, ĎOh that was a easy match-up for him.í I want to fight the hardest match-up. I wish they (the UFC) could go now and make a pool of the toughest guys at 84kg that no one wants to fight and I want to fight that guy. I want to fight who the UFC and the people believe is the toughest guy out there. Not many people want to fight Palhares. Before we had the fight people were saying: ĎHector is gone, Palhares is taking Hectorís leg back to Brazil.í I would like to fight Chris Weidman, heís a big name. Iíve been asking for (Yushin) Okami, Iíve been asking for Okami but they (UFC) wonít give him to me because of his chin. Okami has no chin, he canít cop the punches. And whereís Jake Shields? Heís been around forever, he beat Dan Henderson. Those are the guys I want to fight.Ē
afonso_alves is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847
Default Re: hector lombard!

UFC did end up giving him Okami, despite his chin, believe it or not.

There's a thread about that fight halfway down the first page.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
afonso_alves
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

will have a look mate, cheers
afonso_alves is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonso_alves View Post
like the way he's talking! has he gota fight lined up next or not?

Let’s cut the bullshit, let’s be honest, they won’t give me Anderson Silva. We have to be realistic and talk about things that might happen. I’ve got to take one fight at a time and one-by-one I can take them out and by the end of the year people are going to say he deserves the title shot. I want it to just be my hard work. I want people to say that no one deserves the title more than him. I just don’t want to fight guys that they say, ‘Oh that was a easy match-up for him.’ I want to fight the hardest match-up. I wish they (the UFC) could go now and make a pool of the toughest guys at 84kg that no one wants to fight and I want to fight that guy. I want to fight who the UFC and the people believe is the toughest guy out there. Not many people want to fight Palhares. Before we had the fight people were saying: ‘Hector is gone, Palhares is taking Hector’s leg back to Brazil.’ I would like to fight Chris Weidman, he’s a big name. I’ve been asking for (Yushin) Okami, I’ve been asking for Okami but they (UFC) won’t give him to me because of his chin. Okami has no chin, he can’t cop the punches. And where’s Jake Shields? He’s been around forever, he beat Dan Henderson. Those are the guys I want to fight.”

Hector's been reading ESB
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
Hector's been reading ESB
I believe most saw it as a even fight with two possible outcomes one is paul harris dives at his leg and tear it off or Hector getting the KO
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

hectors a legend
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

it seems its finally clicked in hectors head that he has to work his way into title contention . this is good.. i was sick of the sense of entitlement he carries around.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 03:51 AM   #8
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Middleweight division is weak as .. A lot of weak chins in it to so Lombard should atleast work his way to a title shot .
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
it seems its finally clicked in hectors head that he has to work his way into title contention . this is good.. i was sick of the sense of entitlement he carries around.
This. But thats what happens when you've made a career out of beating B class fighters in Bellator.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum