Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
Hulkamania
What ya gonna do!!!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 853
vCash: 1000
Default Here is why Canelo will not fight trought! (My Opinion)

Al Haymon will not put Floyd in the position of possibly having to face the backlash of not facing Trout in Sept. should Trout win.

I am expecting Cotto vs. Canelo on May 4th; Al Haymon knows Mayweather can defeat both Cotto and Canelo and he knows that both of those fights are blockbuster fights should they happen.

Trout will be a no go on May 4th!

Hulkamania is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Here is why Canelo will not fight trought! (My Opinion)

I agree Canelo-Trout would be very unlikely. GBP won't risk it without making Mayweather-Canelo first.

But equally, Canelo-Cotto is unlikely, too. No way would GBP treat that as an undercard fight. Cotto himself would laugh it off, too. He's a headlining PPV fighter.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: good
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 300
Default Re: Here is why Canelo will not fight trought! (My Opinion)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Refer to my comment there.

The only thing we can really speculate..which is AFTER Mayweather makes his decision on who to fight on May 4th, is to see who we think the top 147lber is who would earn his shot against Mayweather in 2014, IF Pacquiao isn't back to his best.
anj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
Hulkamania
What ya gonna do!!!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 853
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Here is why Canelo will not fight trought! (My Opinion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I agree Canelo-Trout would be very unlikely. GBP won't risk it without making Mayweather-Canelo first.

But equally, Canelo-Cotto is unlikely, too. No way would GBP treat that as an undercard fight. Cotto himself would laugh it off, too. He's a headlining PPV fighter.
Yeah the only way Cotto vs. Canello comes through is if it's done in another arena to get extra funds. They have done that before with Canello. They could place the fight in LA and broadcast it simultaneously during the ppv. It would be a main event in that Arena but not in the PPV itself.
Hulkamania is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Here is why Canelo will not fight trought! (My Opinion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
Austin "No Deazy" Treazy is too black, too slick for both Canola Oil and Minnie May.
str1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Battery Park
Posts: 7,550
vCash: 1600
Default Re: Here is why Canelo will not fight trought! (My Opinion)

Cotto makes dollars and Trout only makes cents.Boxing is a business and GBP knows Cotto has a much larger fan base than the boring Trout.
Bring on Cotto.
fatcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Here is why Canelo will not fight trought! (My Opinion)

I like how ppl. picked out Canelo to hate then picked out Trout to be his one and only legitimate opponent to use that argument to justify the hate. You guys are ****ing priceless.

Cotto is a future HOFer and a current elite LMW, and not only does Canelo want to commit to one tough fight but two: going in against the P4P king after that, no tune-ups. But hey, fighting just Trout over Cotto/Floyd is so much better, right?
BigBone is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Here is why Canelo will not fight trought! (My Opinion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
I like how ppl. picked out Canelo to hate then picked out Trout to be his one and only legitimate opponent to use that argument to justify the hate. You guys are ****ing priceless.

Cotto is a future HOFer and a current elite LMW, and not only does Canelo want to commit to one tough fight but two: going in against the P4P king after that, no tune-ups. But hey, fighting just Trout over Cotto/Floyd is so much better, right?
What? Who here, or anywhere else, is demanding him to fight Trout and Trout only? By all means he can fight Mayweather after.

The problem arises only if/when Canelo ignores the person who’s just beaten the man he was lining up to face. When Lopez beat Ortiz, he was then justified and used as an opponent. But when Trout does the same thing and beats Cotto, they don’t wanna’ know. That’s what people have an issue with.

Oh, and Cotto is not an elite LMW. Stop with that nonsense already. Trout destroyed that lie a couple of months ago.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #9
Juiceboxbiotch
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,966
vCash: 372
Default Re: Here is why Canelo will not fight trought! (My Opinion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkamania View Post
Al Haymon will not put Floyd in the position of possibly having to face the backlash of not facing Trout in Sept. should Trout win.

I am expecting Cotto vs. Canelo on May 4th; Al Haymon knows Mayweather can defeat both Cotto and Canelo and he knows that both of those fights are blockbuster fights should they happen.

Trout will be a no go on May 4th!

Nice try and everything...

But go back to wrestling.
Juiceboxbiotch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
ArtOWAR
Fartdawg
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 438
vCash: 87
Default Re: Here is why Canelo will not fight trought! (My Opinion)

Fail, what makes you think Trout gets Floyd if he wins? Trouts out the cool circle, he can knock out a Klitchco and still wouldn't get a decent fight or , he needs GBP or TR
ArtOWAR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #11
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Here is why Canelo will not fight trought! (My Opinion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Oh, and Cotto is not an elite LMW. Stop with that nonsense already. Trout destroyed that lie a couple of months ago.


Following that logic Trout isn't anyone special either considering his best win is a lie destroyed by Floyd Mayweather.

Stop being a smartass. Canelo-Cotto is a great prelude to Canelo-Mayweather, and if you don't like it, you can always try therapy because something is clearly wrong with you.
BigBone is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #12
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The City Of Angels.
Posts: 8,963
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Here is why Canelo will not fight trought! (My Opinion)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Doc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013