Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #16
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Who else thinks that Danny Garcia would stop Lucas Matthysse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Sit back where? On the ropes? When was Danny ever on the ropes? He sets up a counter then seeks and destroy. Khan and Morales were both walked down.
He doesn't mean he literally sits back. Just that he's a boxer first and foremost. He's a thinking man, and Lewisham's right - he's not built to "walk through" Matthysse. Very few people in that division are.

And although it may have been Garcia's ultimate plan, he didn't actually end up walking Khan down. Khan foolishly jumped into a left-hook which pretty much finished the fight. When I envisage a fighter walking someone down, I see them gradually breaking a opponent down over a period of at least a good few rounds. Not getting a somewhat unexpecting knockdown at the end of a round, and then finishing off the still-hurt prey in the next.

Last edited by Uncle Rico; 01-11-2013 at 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #17
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
He doesn't man he literally sits back. Just that he's a boxer first and foremost. He's a thinking man, and Lewisham's right - he's not built to "walk through" Matthysse. Very few people in that division are.
You rate him and think he can beat Garcia , i dont. Walking through him was a metaphor meaning, i dont think Danny will have much trouble taking him out.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #18
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
You rate him and think he can beat Garcia , i dont. Walking through him was a metaphor meaning, i dont think Danny will have much trouble taking him out.
Where have I said he'd beat Garcia?

And I know it was a metaphorical meaning. You weren't saying Danny was physically going to walk through his body. You were saying Danny will easily land bombs on him and take him out. I'm just saying that's very unlikely. You'd need a combination of great footwork/movement, great speed, great skill, great defence, and great power to do that. Danny, with the exception of power maybe, doesn't have any of that. At best, he'll outbox and counter him to a UD.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #19
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Sit back where? On the ropes? When was Danny ever on the ropes? He sets up a counter then seeks and destroy. Khan and Morales were both walked down.
Garcia walked Khan down? I cant remember one point in the fight until Khan was out on his feet where Garcia was actually not on the back foot
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #20
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewishamboy View Post
Garcia walked Khan down? I cant remember one point in the fight until Khan was out on his feet where Garcia was actually not on the back foot
Garcia never once was on the backfoot. Go and watch the fight for yourself.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #21
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewishamboy View Post
Garcia was actually taking centre and stepping in to his punches at one point. Not walking Khan down so to speak, but taking control, hurting Khan, definitely got Khan's respect before the knockdown.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #22
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Where have I said he'd beat Garcia?

And I know it was a metaphorical meaning. You weren't saying Danny was physically going to walk through his body. You were saying Danny will easily land bombs on him and take him out. I'm just saying that's very unlikely. You'd need a combination of great footwork/movement, great speed, great skill, great defence, and great power to do that. Danny, with the exception of power maybe, doesn't have any of that. At best, he'll outbox and counter him to a UD.
Lucas dosn't have those attributes either apart from power and decent footwork.
Nobody has seen what Danny is truly made of yet. He was shellshocked against Morales I and still a novice on his first big stage against Khan. His ringsmarts and skills are still developing. We know everything there is to know about Matthysse and he looks to me like too much of an open book that will get picked apart by Danny
Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #23
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4000

No
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #24
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Lucas dosn't have those attributes either apart from power and decent footwork.
Never said he did. But he does have fearsome power, a very reliable chin, and a good engine. He ain't being stopped any time soon by the current crop of junior welterweights. He's a solid-enough fighter that guys like Alexander and Judah couldn't beat him and had serious trouble with, never mind knock out.

Quote:
Nobody has seen what Danny is truly made of yet. He was shellshocked against Morales I and still a novice on his first big stage against Khan. His ringsmarts and skills are still developing. We know everything there is to know about Matthysse and he looks to me like too much of an open book that will get picked apart by Danny
True. He's stepping up to the plate nicely. But again, he's shown nothing to do what you or the OP are suggesting - walking through and knocking out Matthysse.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #25
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Garcia never once was on the backfoot. Go and watch the fight for yourself.
On the backfoot was the wrong expression. What I meant was at no point was he walking Khan down like you stated before. Khan was bringing the fight, Garcia was sitting back
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #26
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Never said he did. But he does have fearsome power, a very reliable chin, and a good engine. He ain't being stopped any time soon by the current crop of junior welterweights. He's a solid-enough fighter that guys like Alexander and Judah couldn't beat him and had serious trouble with, never mind knock out.

True. He's stepping up to the plate nicely. But again, he's shown nothing to do what you or the OP are suggesting - walking through and knocking out Matthysse.
He wasn't able to knock out Judah either, which doest lead to to belive he can beat Garcia let alone knock him out.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #27
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
He wasn't able to knock out Judah either, which doest lead to to belive he can beat Garcia let alone knock him out.
Again, where have I even said he'd knock Garcia out ? Are you even reading my posts?

And styles make fights. Matthysse struggles with movers and defensively orientated operators. Hence why he didn't get the nod against Alexander and Judah. Garcia fights nothing like them.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #28
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Again, where have I even said he'd knock Garcia out ? Are you even reading my posts?

And styles make fights. Matthysse struggles with movers and defensively orientated operators. Hence why he didn't get the nod against Alexander and Judah. Garcia fights nothing like them.
Im not saying you did. Just my opinion.
If Lucas was the wrecking machine people make him out to be he would of been able to stop Judah but he was to reckless and Danny would capitalise on those mistakes.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #29
avenel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

i think so and a hell of a fight
avenel is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #30
dareo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Matthysse stops garcia he'll walk garcia down and take his heart .

Matthysse ko garcia rd 7 - 9
dareo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum