Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #31
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Who else thinks that Danny Garcia would stop Lucas Matthysse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Im not saying you did. Just my opinion.
If Lucas was the wrecking machine people make him out to be he would of been able to stop Judah but he was to reckless and Danny would capitalise on those mistakes.
That's true. But it's important to note Matthysse, prior to experiencing those robberies, was more of a boxer-puncher back then. He used to bide his time a bit more. That's changed now and he's become a bit more aggressive, and I'm willing to bet my house that if he could have another crack at Zab, he'd stop him. No doubt.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #32
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
That's true. But it's important to note Matthysse, prior to experiencing those robberies, was more of a boxer-puncher back then. He used to bide his time a bit more. That's changed now and he's become a bit more aggressive, and I'm willing to bet my house that if he could have another crack at Zab, he'd stop him. No doubt.
You're right about that. I just think there is more to Garcia than we have seen and a more come forward Lucus could revieve more hurting. Would be a great fight.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #33
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamito_2012 View Post
I just feel that his timing would cause problems for Matthysse. Lets be honest, Matthysse hasn't been in with a fighter like Garcia. Alexander is a sloppy puncher who lacks power to do damage and Judah, well, he was able to land at will on Matthysse during their fight.

I noticed during the Judah fight that Matthysse gets frustrated and was constantly being warned about using his head on Judah. If Judah can still time and counter Matthysse, then sure as hell Garcia will do it even more efficiently.

Matthysse is supposed to have a good chin, but it hasn't really been tested much because he's been in with guys who are past their best or lack power. You can say the same about Garcia, but the thing is, Garcia is a smart fighter and he can avoid being hit clean due to his ring IQ.

This is only my opinion anyway. I just feel that Garcia would time Matthysse and rock him in the mid rounds if, or when, they fight.
Besides you I don't think is anybody else !

Lucas will box and counter Garcia all night long. Matthysse is too strong and skilful for Danny the crispy melted ice Garcia !
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #34
flashy k.o
ESB Addict

Quote:
People just hype up Maidana and Matthysse because they've knocked out 20+ c level opponents. But we've seen that power hasn't exactly spilled over into the elite level much.
Both, Maidana and especially Lucas would beat Garcia, no doubt. Lucas was utterly robbed against Zab and Alexander and those commentators , judges and refs were some very,very biased mofos with exception of Roy.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #35
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy k.o View Post
Besides you I don't think is anybody else !

Lucas will box and counter Garcia all night long. Matthysse is too strong and skilful for Danny the crispy melted ice Garcia !
Box and counter Garcia all night

Thanks for the laugh. Good joke good joke bro
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #36
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I like Garcia here as well.

Danny is pretty much a super welter fighting at jr. He's a tank and would be a monster in there compared to Lucas.

Matthysse's aggressiveness would slow down once Garcia starts to time him and he doesn't have the ability to beat him on the outside. He needs to get in and work the body and I don't see him being able to do that against Danny.

Garcia TKO9
PBFred is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #37
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFred View Post
I like Garcia here as well.

Danny is pretty much a super welter fighting at jr. He's a tank and would be a monster in there compared to Lucas.

Matthysse's aggressiveness would slow down once Garcia starts to time him and he doesn't have the ability to beat him on the outside. He needs to get in and work the body and I don't see him being able to do that against Danny.

Garcia TKO9
Im convinced the Matthysse fans are also fans of hypejobs aka Bute, Khan, Pac dick riders.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #38
Mighty_Fighter
mightyfighter.com

I think Matthysse takes this as well. He can box and bang, same for Garcia. But Garcia's shots are looping and he'll get roughed up on the inside. Lucas stops him late.
Mighty_Fighter is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #39
uraharakisuke
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 759

I like Lucas but I think Danny may be the real deal. His style underrates his boxing ability; just like how the opposite is true when the fighter is "slick" or uses the shoulder roll.
uraharakisuke is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #40
flashy k.o
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genaro G View Post
Box and counter Garcia all night

Thanks for the laugh. Good joke good joke bro
with welcome bro !

IDKSAB !

just box ......
Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #41
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post

14:50

BORKED
Matthysse is a god damn G. Judah's iced mother****ers with the same punch. Matthysse's legs don't even buckle and he smiles and taps his chin. Cold as ice.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #42
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict

Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
vCash: 157

Lucas "Rocky" Matthysse is the king at 140.

We'll be seeing alot of excuses when he knocks out Garcia.
Garrus is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #43
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Quote:
I just feel that his timing would cause problems for Matthysse. Lets be honest, Matthysse hasn't been in with a fighter like Garcia. Alexander is a sloppy puncher who lacks power to do damage and Judah, well, he was able to land at will on Matthysse during their fight.

I noticed during the Judah fight that Matthysse gets frustrated and was constantly being warned about using his head on Judah. If Judah can still time and counter Matthysse, then sure as hell Garcia will do it even more efficiently.

Matthysse is supposed to have a good chin, but it hasn't really been tested much because he's been in with guys who are past their best or lack power. You can say the same about Garcia, but the thing is, Garcia is a smart fighter and he can avoid being hit clean due to his ring IQ.

This is only my opinion anyway. I just feel that Garcia would time Matthysse and rock him in the mid rounds if, or when, they fight.

Danny is not fast like Devon or Judah. He does not have the spoiling style either. You seem to forget that Dannys noteable KOs and what gives him a huge rating for KO power is a shot Morales and Khan. 2 guys who just dont have the chin at the moment. 1 (Morales) is fighting 10 pounds above his highest prime weight. Garcia has not stopped anyone notable at 140. Matthysse has a very good chin from what I have seen. Alexander, Judah and Oleuswhatever have good power and they were not able to hurt Matthysse.

I guarantee you that fight does not get made and Danny drops the belt in order to avoid Lucas.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #44
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Garcia has a good chin, but his lateral movement, footspeed and jab aren't good enough to box away from Matthysse and keep him at bay. Both guys hit hard and are easy to hit. It'll come down to who can outlast the other. My guess is Garcia's glass skin fails him in the late rounds, enabling Matthysse to win by TKO. Garcia marks up and cuts easily- not good against someone like Lucas.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #45
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444

Quote:
People just hype up Maidana and Matthysse because they've knocked out 20+ c level opponents. But we've seen that power hasn't exactly spilled over into the elite level much.
I don't think anyone is hyping Maidana.

All Matthysses last 6 or so opponents have said he was the hardest puncher they've faced to date.
box4life11 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum