Old 01-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #46
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Andre Dirrell is unfairly hated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Larry View Post
**** you, I like Carl Froch much more than I like Dirrell, but I recognize a victory when I see one.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
iceman71 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #47
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by cippi View Post
after the abe fight he got alot of hate. then didnt he drop outta the supersix?? an his inactivity people dont like him. he really needs to schedule a damn fite and quit wasting time. his brother is the same way.
To be fair

Tony Dirrel suffered from a cancer, and came back strong from it. He was positioning himself to make a run at Ward, and he definitely wasn't turning coat form Ward, but got himself hurt in a bad bike wreck, but we he should/was supposed to been allowed to resume training last month.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #48
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

There is some fair criticism concerning his career choices, and maybe his style of moving in the ring that isn't to people's liking.

But those who claim he faked the Abraham injury are merely conjecturing with no possible way of knowing what happened. They're making up their minds based on their feelings towards him and don't give him any respect, refusing to acknowledge it's possible that a kneeling man with his chin in the air can be adversely affected by another big, powerful man clocking him straight on the face.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #49
technocrato
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

It is not because Dirrell is being laughed at that he is being hated.
technocrato is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #50
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Please tell me which boxers that are able to beat Dirrell in SMW? I don't see many. Maybe Froch, maybe Kessler, maybe Arthur Abraham, maybe Andre Ward... I don't see other possibilities.
What do you mean maybe Andre Ward? Bute would beat him. Ward would beat him. Froch would beat him. His own brother would beat him. Taylor might be shot but I think Dirrell is currently on the same level.

Dirrell hasn't been fighting just like Taylor hasn't been fighting but Taylor is a former champ. Dirrell has never been champ and dropped out of the super 6. Maybe he should be fighting Allan Green.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #51
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
To be fair

Tony Dirrel suffered from a cancer, and came back strong from it. He was positioning himself to make a run at Ward, and he definitely wasn't turning coat form Ward, but got himself hurt in a bad bike wreck, but we he should/was supposed to been allowed to resume training last month.
Anthony Dirrell is the brother to watch. He's actually higher ranked and more skilled.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #52
boxingboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Both are very good fighters. Any word on when Anthony dirrell will be back? I hope the accident didn't damage him permantly
boxingboy is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #53
PowerBack
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675

Quote:
1) We don't know if Dr. Shaw Hi exist or not, and it really doesn't matter, 'cus it's not Dr. Shaw Hi, but Andre Dirrell we're seeing in the boxing matches. And the matches decides ones worth as a boxer.

It was a questionable excuse.. And Dirrell haven't done that much in the ring, Abraham was dominated atleast as bad against Froch and Ward

2) We don't know if he faked when Arthur Abraham hit him when he was down. Maybe, maybe not. If he didn't fake, then **** all of you, but if he did, then forgive him? Both he and Arthur Abraham fought a good match, knocking each other down, and it was a sad ending, but it should definetely not take anything away from Dirrell. If you can fight a good fight against AA and even knock him down, then you deserve respect.

I agree with this, Dirrell does get unfair blame for faking.

3) Let me tell you all, I'm a huge fan of Carl Froch. The guy is a true warrior and I really think he would have a good chance at winning if he and Dirrell fought each other again. But fact is - he simply didn't win last time. Yes, Dirrell jumped around and dodged a lot, but since when has strategy become a crime in boxing? He outlanded Froch and Froch cheated a lot.

Dirrell wasn't robbed, I think Dirrell's fans are exaggerating this.. I had Dirrell winning 114-113 I believe, but he spoiled it too much and was inconsistent the entire night.

Andre Dirrell doesn't deserve the hatered he gets. He's one of the best boxers in the world and you all know it. Let's be fair, the guy may be kinda feminine, but he could kick all of our manly asses if he wanted.
He may be one of the most athletic boxers in the world, but not one the BEST boxers in the world, he is kind of annoying and he is inactive.. And overall he is just easy to make fun of.
And yes he could kick all of our asses, but so could janitor's with 30-25 records
PowerBack is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #54
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Dirrell is only hated by Euros because they were shocked to find out that their fighters are slow and athletic and got completely schooled by 2 prospects.

Most Americans are eager for Dirrell to return to the ring and give Ward some competition that he will never get from the average unathletic slow plodding euros
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #55
PowerBack
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Dirrell is only hated by Euros because they were shocked to find out that their fighters are slow and athletic and got completely schooled by 2 prospects.

Most Americans are eager for Dirrell to return to the ring and give Ward some competition that he will never get from the average unathletic slow plodding euros
Or maybe I just like fighters who are active and tries make a career out of their talents?
PowerBack is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #56
boxingboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I think dirrell has a comeback fight later this month
boxingboy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum