Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 01-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #106
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by (PimpThaSystem) View Post
I think debating who is goat in MMA right now considering is such a waste of time considering how young the sport is. FFS Silva and GSP are still fighting and Fedor JUST retired.

That being said, I can't stand the myth concerning Fedor's "decade of dominance" that gets thrown around. Outside the Cro Cop and Nogueira wins, Fedor's resume isn't that impressive. What would you guys say is his 4th best win?
I use to think so too, but it's hard to keep quiet. It's hard when you see GSP coming outta a fight looking like Frankenstein, and the highlight being him getting dropped by a flying kick. It's hard to keep quiet when we have Fedor getting dumped on his head, and his blocked rocked by the Fujitas and Kevin Randlemans of the World. I'm not saying these men weren't any good, I'm just sayin'.... Struggling with Brett Rogers, I don't know why winning these fights are of no mention as he won them too.

What am I supposed to say? Other than The Game Don't Wait, and it's the reason why Big Nog, Cro Cop, and Fedor gave way to the next generation of Mixed Martial Artist. Anderson Silva reigns supreme, and is still standing. He's still strong, he's hasn't received any punishment in 37 bouts. I don't care if we have 20 consecutive years of the best fighting the best, we have some history. We have a past, present, and future in this World. I don't lose any sleep over my ATG list, but when it comes into question I'll give my piece by the end of the day.

Last edited by BobDigi5060; 01-15-2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: The Game Don't Wait.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 01:02 AM   #107
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Just one thing to say about all this......context !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #108
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by (PimpThaSystem) View Post
I think debating who is goat in MMA right now considering is such a waste of time considering how young the sport is. FFS Silva and GSP are still fighting and Fedor JUST retired.

That being said, I can't stand the myth concerning Fedor's "decade of dominance" that gets thrown around. Outside the Cro Cop and Nogueira wins, Fedor's resume isn't that impressive. What would you guys say is his 4th best win?
Very well said.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 AM   #109
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Go ahead Ne5, just another way of saying Fedor was passed his prime as he was losing 3 in a row. If he was passed his best well okay, so be it. That record stands as it is, that career is over. But, Anderson Silva's reign should account for something. Being the last man standing and whooping on the next generation in the premiere organization should too, and let's not forget being the most successful fighter to come from the Pride era. He is doing something that Fedor, other Great fighters couldn't do, and he makes it look easy. The man is atop The MW division, the p4p list, and it has nothing to do with the HW picture. These facts stack heavily in his favor, and make a great case for him being #1.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #110
DREAMCATCHER
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Fedor is #1 that is undeniable:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
DREAMCATCHER is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #111
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Boddi do you understand what context means ?

Someone already tried to explain to you that the reign of Silva started 1 ****in year after Fedor fought CC.

If you can't understand that man I give up !

I'm not even trying to say that those losses are not some kind of stain on his record and even if we all know Fedor didn't need the UFC BUT I'm more then aware that soo many ****in haters will only spew that same ****in hatred shit Dana White has been crying about for years.

I'm sorry man but IMO even with all the can Fedor fought(Zulu, Hong man Choi, Lindland(not a can but totally overweight) etc.) Fedor resume shit all over AS.
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #112
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

I know what context means, and I'm not a hater. It doesn't matter how long ago that reign was, what matters is the big picture. He didn't need The Best in the World to crash and burn. I'm well aware that if Anderson Silva's career ends with 3 losses and 3 cans that he will fall a step or two (leaving the #2 and #3 spots open to GSP, JJ).

Now back to that word resume, bro, a resume is a summarization.... We're cherry picking from resumes here (not me of course) and using words like context to excuse the 3 stoppage losses. Not to mention giving him the Iron Mike Treatment, a level of domination that he was far from. From getting dumped on his head to legs turning into macaroni before Fujita. I'm trying to lighten the mood here, but I mean everything I say. Anderson Silva is just a more dominate force, and it's not because he only had one true rival. Anderson Silva has beaten every man placed in front of him over the passed 7 years, and makes it look easy. He did it with submission and joint locks. He did it with a barrage of punches and high kicks, with knees from the clinch, with counters, with a front kick to the face, with 1 1/2 minutes left, with one devastating elbow, and with his hands down... With his hands down and walking backwards he has made bigger men quit. A bigger man run out the damn ring, and laugh about the ass whooping he received. Bobbing, weaving, and slipping punches like the Great Ali. Winning is all that matters, all that we ask for in a Champion, but he brings so much more. No wonder they recognize that he is the most talented Mixed Martial Artist ever, on both sides of this argument we say this. Is that not enough? Because someday I believe it will be. Our p4p King believes he has as many as 10 fights left in him, and I see no signs of him slowing down. Now that's longevity, Ne5. At 37, and against the next generation of fighters. That is, longevity. My man continues to do things that Fedor, Nog, CC, and other Pride Fighters couldn't do, which is hold Titles during two different eras.

What I would like is for others to join this discussion too. Haggis, visitors, join us. I've seen Haggis speak on this before, where you at? Where are you at, mother #?? You've made your thread for today, but you haven't said a word in here. Please, I only say because your a Great addition to any thread, whether it be The Lounge or General. If not our Haggis than someone else. This isn't a fight going on that you kickback and watch, it's a discussion. Please, come. It's not about GSP anymore, I knocked the OP out the park already. "**** no" I said, and gave many reasons, and a few visuals. There is no disputing that GSP is a distant 3rd (Hendo 3rd, GSP 4th in my book). So please, join us, come talk Fedor and Anderson Silva. I'm going to limit my posts, I'm going to spread my posts throughout the day and evening now
Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #113
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #114
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

^^In this part of the Country is what we call a "payaso".

Please, laugh it up, if you have nothing to truly say. I know you will, I know you will have words on this in the future, but for now, laugh. Give us, and show me that nervous laugh.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #115
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Get some fresh air Bobi, you are rambling on incessantly like a victim of a gang rape
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #116
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
^^In this part of the Country is what we call a "payaso".

Please, laugh it up, if you have nothing to truly say. I know you will, I know you will have words on this in the future, but for now, laugh. Give us, and show me that nervous laugh.
Stoo is an amazing man.

He has no trouble with releasing a hearty laugh, even with Neville's **** in his mouth.

That also points to the toothpick nature of Neville's **** too of course.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #117
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

When I "ramble" this Section takes note. Visitors appear on my page, and appear in this Section. I got a lot more to offer than music that I don't even listen to, and smileys. A lot more.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #118
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Are you on meth, and I am being 100% serious?
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #119
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

No sir, no drugs at all. What does meth have to do with a p4p discussion? Don't know, don't care. Don't want to play the 1-2 game anymore, don't want to roll in the gutter. I've said a mouthful over the passed few days. I have no more to say on this, just responses to what the definition to the word "resume" truly means. Not until the next Thread. In any other Section they would shut this shit down, but this will be my lost post in this one, so serious too.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #120
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Ok
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum