Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #61
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300
Default Re: Is Rosado a bigger challenge for Golovkin than Proksa was?

Yup fully agree...
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #62
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
Australian territory? No doubt. Germany (highly unlikely it will take place there)? Geale wins as long as there is neutral judging like the previous fight. Geale is a very underrated fighter (especially on this forum) who has been getting better with every fight he has and is not afraid of a challenge. He was supposed to fight Pirog in his HBO debut but the WBO refused to sanction the fight. He went over to Germany TWICE and won two world titles and is re matching the man who has given him his only loss, Mundine. He will fight Golovkin in mid to late 2013.
I agree with you on Geale, he's a real credit to Aussie boxing. But afaik he doesn't draw, though this Mundine fight will help. Still even as a top draw back home he'll have a hard time matching Sturm's purse bid, if it comes to that.

Also if he's looking for exposure, if it's in Germany it's on tv in Europe, and the US on epix at least, if it's in Australia you can't even find a stream reliably.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #63
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
Australian territory? No doubt. Germany (highly unlikely it will take place there)? Geale wins as long as there is neutral judging like the previous fight. Geale is a very underrated fighter (especially on this forum) who has been getting better with every fight he has and is not afraid of a challenge. He was supposed to fight Pirog in his HBO debut but the WBO refused to sanction the fight. He went over to Germany TWICE and won two world titles and is re matching the man who has given him his only loss, Mundine. He will fight Golovkin in mid to late 2013.
Dont get me wrong, my lad.

I respect Geale a lot. A true warrior. Goes over there to Germany and defeats the german cashcows on points ffs. Unheard of.

I really hope you're right and Golovkin/Geale happens down the road. And I dont blame Geale for avoiding Gennady for now at all.
Champion is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #64
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
Here's a thought:

We all know that Rosado loves to bang on the inside. I think we can all also agree that if he does this against Golovkin, he's toast.

Rosado seems like an intelligent fighter to me, the way he adapts to different opponents, but the big question is, is he smart enough / is he DISCIPLINED enough, to fight Golovkin from the outside for the whole fight? (and with a high work-rate as well.)

If he's able to do this, then win or lose, it will speak volumes about Rosado's future in the sport.

My guess is, he will box the first 3-4 rounds this way, and then his reptillian brain will kick in, he'll start to brawl, and GGG will take his head off. - Visions of Andy Lee vs Chavez Jr.
Chavez isn't a puncher, he uses his extra poundage on fight night to wear the other guy out and overwhelm him which is what essesntially happened against Lee. Golovkin, huge puncher, intelligent fighter..can take Rosado out at any time.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #65
Beatle
Sheer Analysis
ESB Addict

vCash: 1395

Not even close. Rosado is a feather-fisted journeyman.
Beatle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum