Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-09-2008, 06:36 AM   #1
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Classy Khan can be a 3 weight champion

According to Barry McGuigan in todays Daily Mirror (not online yet ) Khan can go on to become a 3 weight champion.

He says Khans body fat % is down to 4.77% and this means he has not got long at 135lb limit. Suggests Romanov then straight to David Diaz. In 18 months move up to light welter.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2008, 06:39 AM   #2
dan-b

vCash:
Default Re: Classy Khan can be a 3 weight champion

McGuigan has just become a PR man for Sports Network. What a joke.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #3
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
McGuigan has just become a PR man for Sports Network. What a joke.
He certainly has even says "...if the defence is poor, hands down, chin up, feet all wrong, then any decent boxer can knock you over" .

True but there is a difference between knocking someone over like what hapened to Naz a few times (but he was up in a few seconds and never looked as if his legs had gone) and what Limmond did to Khan.

There goes the theory on some boxers having better whiskers than others. He mentions Khan eclipsing Naz's achievement .
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 06:52 AM   #4
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Poor old Barry, reduced to the Mirror and talking shit to Jim Rosenthal. If things get any worse he'll be announcing a comeback.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 06:57 AM   #5
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
Amir Khan vs Barry McGuigan - When The Tomato Khans Run Out

Seriously though this is really bad. Sports Network have British boxing at their mercy & I don't like it. People slag off GBP but at least they are providing quality match ups on the whole as oppsosed to ******'s approach which is designed to simply line his pockets whilst fooling the public for as long as possible.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:03 AM   #6
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b

Seriously though this is really bad. Sports Network have British boxing at their mercy & I don't like it. People slag off GBP but at least they are providing quality match ups on the whole as oppsosed to ******'s approach which is designed to simply line his pockets whilst fooling the public for as long as possible.
****** gets away with it as people like McGuigan are happy to sing the praises of his fighters.

The average viewer knows very little about boxing. Last week I was told that St Clair was a ferocious former world champion and Khan had proved he could beat any champion out there. It is the same reason that people accept the WBU fights as being world title fights.

Its a shame that fighters like Haye get very little publicity or write ups in the British press.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 07:24 AM   #7
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Wasnt there 2 minutes left of the round.............so he clearly wasnt in that much trouble, and he got hit again 3 or 4 times clean.

FOR **** SAKE LIMMOND SUCKER PUNCHED HIM! CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE!
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 07:27 AM   #8
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
Wasnt there 2 minutes left of the round.............so he clearly wasnt in that much trouble, and he got hit again 3 or 4 times clean.

FOR **** SAKE LIMMOND SUCKER PUNCHED HIM! CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE!
I think peoples points are that it may just be a touch early to declare Khan a future 3 weight great. Do you not agree?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:34 AM   #9
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

So why not at the end don't people admit he is the biggest prospect we have had since Hammed! He does have genuine world class potential. Im sure if you read the article McGuigan says he has the POTENTIAL to be a 3 weight world champ which he does, i could even see him and LM/W.

Oh and i have watched the Limond fight time and time again, theres no way the ref can start the count unitl 2.02 secs into round 6, Khan is up and ready to go at 1.53 of the 6th and hangs in there. Every time peiople talk about the fight they never mention that Khan rips the shit out of him for the next 3 rounds!
Old 02-09-2008, 07:36 AM   #10
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

You have less fights at a heavier weight! In 21 fights Khan will be at the level Haye is currently at, and still undefeated.

Oh and the bad things about Haye, poor defence and shakey chin, are the same as Khan. And the good things about khan, Fast, Big Puncher, Technicly excelent, accuarte are the same as Haye.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:37 AM   #11
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
There's a perfect example: David Haye who has done much more in his 21 fights, with a good amateur career (without medals and such though), is charming, handsome, consistently entertaining and has just become undisputed champion in his division. In 21 fights.

Undisputed. in 21 fights. And a natural star. yet, because he's not so hypeable, almost no press.

I'm ****ing sick of it. let's start a Haye over Khan campaign.
Well said. I can just imagine Haye going on to win a heavyweight belt & Khan will still be getting all the plaudits for fighting some blown up super featherweight in Bolton.

Quote:
So why not at the end don't people admit he is the biggest prospect we have had since Hammed! He does have genuine world class potential. Im sure if you read the article McGuigan says he has the POTENTIAL to be a 3 weight world champ which he does, i could even see him and LM/W.

Oh and i have watched the Limond fight time and time again, theres no way the ref can start the count unitl 2.02 secs into round 6, Khan is up and ready to go at 1.53 of the 6th and hangs in there. Every time peiople talk about the fight they never mention that Khan rips the shit out of him for the next 3 rounds!
Do you not think we've had any big prospects since Hamed then?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:41 AM   #12
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Yeh the hype is to much, but its not Khans fault. Thats how this country works, look at England before world cup 2006. We hype stuff up.

What do you want Khan to do say no thanks to making millions and being a star, go sign with Hobson and fight on Clinton Woods undercards once a year agaisnt worse oposition and have only 3 people in Bolton ever hear of him????

Fact Khan can still be amateurish, his chin is still questionable.

Fact Khan is the best prospect we have had for years, he is potentially world class, ESPN who are not in the uk said the same. He is fast and stong, mentally tough enough and had more technical skill than Mitchell, Murray or any other prospect put together! Oh he is also "charming, handsome, consistently entertaining" like Haye and the people he has been pout in with so far have been very good for 16 fights!
Old 02-09-2008, 07:43 AM   #13
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

well probably Haye. im talking top 10 p4p which Haye and Khan can be (calzaghe had already come through by then) and i think Hatton was well marketed and put in the right fights at the right time.

if khan had never won the medal, fought his first 10 fights quietly and then started getting noticed for his last 6, people would be getting bonas on here before every fight saying hes the next sugar ray clay joens jnr (wait we got one already lol)
Old 02-09-2008, 07:45 AM   #14
scott is cool
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Khan has his faults yes, but people have not even mentioned his strengths, his speed is absolute phenominal. Most of you here are just looking pathetic, nit picking at his faults, when he has so much talent, you all forget he is only 21. And keep talking about when he was dropped by Limmond once, which happend almost a year ago, and since then his defence has improve, a blind man can see that, his defence is still not perfect yet, but is improving. A lot of people in this thread, appear to me to be quite sad, because they can't see through his hype, and can't see that he is generally a brilliant talent. It's quite pathetic, to be honest.
scott is cool is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 07:45 AM   #15
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
well probably Haye. im talking top 10 p4p which Haye and Khan can be (calzaghe had already come through by then) and i think Hatton was well marketed and put in the right fights at the right time.
Jury is out on Khan yet. Sick of hearing about him to be honest. I'm going to do my best to ignore anything I see or hear about him except for the time he spends in the ring.

Last edited by DamonD; 02-05-2007 at 01:40 PM.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum