Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-09-2008, 07:49 AM   #16
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Classy Khan can be a 3 weight champion

no because he is saying he has the potential to be!

Look McGuigan has a personal intrest in Khan, everytime khan fights McGuigan picks up £5,000 to say he done well, if he says hes no good they wont put him on. so you cant really listen to his opinion.

But there are no boxing writers that would disagree that he doesnt have the potential to get to that level.

i think he will be a 4 weight world champ and in 10 years il be on here laughing! thats my opinion and thats why i come on here, to express is cos only one of my mates like boxing!
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2008, 07:50 AM   #17
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
And he needs to shut the **** up.
Absolutely. Its his mouth that makes me want to see him knocked out. Why cant people go about with a bit of quiet dignity anymore? I guess it's part of the whole celebrity, OK magazine, big brother, champagne swigging, gangsta culture we have created.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:51 AM   #18
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

HE IS AS ****Y AS ANY OTHER BOXER TO, HE ONLY RESPONDS WHEN PEOPLE CALL HIM OUT!!!!!!!

i am going to play football, continue this later!
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #19
scott is cool
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
HE IS AS ****Y AS ANY OTHER BOXER TO, HE ONLY RESPONDS WHEN PEOPLE CALL HIM OUT!!!!!!!

i am going to play football, continue this later!
Oh nice one, can I come? I'll pretend to be Gerrard or maybe Torres, unless you put me in goal, then I will pretend that I am Pepe Reina, who looks a little but like Kelly Pavlik.
scott is cool is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 08:05 AM   #20
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
Oh, just saying "no, no, no" to every point made is not an argument.

I do not expect him to not embrace his fame - he should, but the boy can barely speak without stammering through a sentence.

He is overly ****y for what he has done so far. As if beating Earl proved anything.
Or saying "ya know what I mean?".

BORKED
Old 02-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #21
w4s1m
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
Yeh the hype is to much, but its not Khans fault. Thats how this country works, look at England before world cup 2006. We hype stuff up.

What do you want Khan to do say no thanks to making millions and being a star, go sign with Hobson and fight on Clinton Woods undercards once a year agaisnt worse oposition and have only 3 people in Bolton ever hear of him????

Fact Khan can still be amateurish, his chin is still questionable.

Fact Khan is the best prospect we have had for years, he is potentially world class, ESPN who are not in the uk said the same. He is fast and stong, mentally tough enough and had more technical skill than Mitchell, Murray or any other prospect put together! Oh he is also "charming, handsome, consistently entertaining" like Haye and the people he has been pout in with so far have been very good for 16 fights!
i agree with u on this. i dont understand myself where all this hatred stems from for Khan. Every interview he has, people will pick things out and diss him, i just think alot of people are jealous of him that he is making very good money
w4s1m is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #22
w4s1m
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
Or saying "ya know what I mean?".

BORKED
thats the lingo some of the bolton boys speak.

Last edited by mike; 02-05-2007 at 02:02 PM.
w4s1m is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 08:16 AM   #23
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4s1m
i agree with u on this. i dont understand myself where all this hatred stems from for Khan. Every interview he has, people will pick things out and diss him, i just think alot of people are jealous of him that he is making very good money
Oh the jealousy argument is so old. How about some of us are real boxing fans who don't like the way Khan is taking a kings ransom for fighting blown up super featherweights while ****** fools the public & has British boxing at his mercy. Meanwhile more deserving fighters fall by the wayside.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:22 AM   #24
w4s1m
Journeyman

Quote:
Oh the jealousy argument is so old. How about some of us are real boxing fans who don't like the way Khan is taking a kings ransom for fighting blown up super featherweights while ****** fools the public & has British boxing at his mercy. Meanwhile more deserving fighters fall by the wayside.
listen if someone was offering u big $$$ to do your job, u wouldnt refuse so why should have to take stick coz he is making big $$$. like it or not Amir Khan Is a brand name and he will be in the public eye for along time yet so u gonna have to get used it
w4s1m is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 08:23 AM   #25
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Spot on lots of hard working decent pros never make in a lifetime what Khan makes for 1 fight.

It is time they put up or shit up with Khan, was he not saying a few fights back that he was ready for a world title shot ? Well let FW put him in with one of the Diaz and l would love it if his gravy train got derailed.

Yes Khan has speed but most his punches last week were just pitta patta no power punches.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #26
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
listen if someone was offering u big $$$ to do your job, u wouldnt refuse so why should have to take stick coz he is making big $$$. like it or not Amir Khan Is a brand name and he will be in the public eye for along time yet so u gonna have to get used it
No but he could try keeping his mouth shut every once in a while. That doesn't cost anything. As for being in the public eye we'll see about that, if he gets exposed he'll be tomorrows chip paper.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #27
w4s1m
Journeyman

Quote:
ofcourse it is jealousy, i dont see anyother boxer recieving the abuse that Amir does on here, look i know it has been said many times and people like u have probably denied it but i do think that it is to do with his colour coz all boxers chat it but when Amir does he gets abused for doing so.

who he evere fights will have been hand picked according to ESB
w4s1m is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #28
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Wazza, can you not read ? AAA has had plenty of stick. JC had plenty until he destroyed Lacy then Kessler. I doubt you can remember but there used to be a wrestler on ITV wrestling called Big Daddy, he always had the public behind him and won every fight. The reason he won is because he was bigger than everyone else and he was good at courting publicity. Khan is the Big Daddy of ITV, beats small opponents and gets good publicity.

As soon as he is put in with a decent LW he will be blown out the water. But ****** will not do that as like you he sees Amir as a brand and will do everything to capitalise on the value of that brand for as long as possible. The public will never see him fighting against a half decent LW as he will be easily exposed. As for moving up weights his power is not that extraordinary at LW so I doubt he will have much success at the heavier weights.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #29
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
Spot on lots of hard working decent pros never make in a lifetime what Khan makes for 1 fight.

It is time they put up or shit up with Khan, was he not saying a few fights back that he was ready for a world title shot ? Well let FW put him in with one of the Diaz and l would love it if his gravy train got derailed.

Yes Khan has speed but most his punches last week were just pitta patta no power punches.
****** is waiting for the WBO to strip Diaz so Khan can fight for a vacant title against an easier opponent. Before anyone chimes in & says Katsidis is not an easy opponent it won't be Katsidis because he'll be signing to fight Casamayor so will lose his ranking with the WBO. Khan will get to fight Kristjansen for the vacant belt & we'll be told he's the youngest world champ etc. It's so predictable it makes me sick. ****** & the ****ing WBO.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #30
w4s1m
Journeyman

Quote:
No but he could try keeping his mouth shut every once in a while. That doesn't cost anything. As for being in the public eye we'll see about that, if he gets exposed he'll be tomorrows chip paper.
Like someone has already said that people allways ask amir stuff and he just responds,

what do u want amir to do when every british boxer want to fight him, even reece was spouting shit yesterday and that he wants a peice of him even
w4s1m is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum