Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #31
MannySteward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 806
Default Re: Mosley vs Malignaggi - When it's ok to carry on Fighting

Mosley will win. Then he can fight and beat Maidana. Then maybe see Berto v Shane
MannySteward is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #32
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
8 oz vs 10 oz gloves.

Mosley was letting his hands go early in that fight, but Alvarez wore him down some. Even down the stretch, Mosley was still fighting.
mosely did better against canelo than he did against both paq and floyd.

he took everything canelo could dish out and was still able to throw 77 punches in the 12th and final round, three more than canelo threw.

i like mosely in this spot moreso that i dont like paulie at 147.

Last edited by Quincy K; 01-14-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #33
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

All he's doing is risking having tacked an L to a lesser fighter onto the end of his resume.

The reward of another title isn't really worth it, IMO. He did plenty while still an offensive beast (from LW-WW mainly) to hold down first-ballot status. All he's doing now is delaying his entry.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #34
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Shane Nosley, back at it again....
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #35
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

Yea evenly matched fights like over the hill veteran vs over the hill veteran sometimes make good scraps. Like Cristian Mijares vs Rafa Marquez. Even in their primes PM and Mosley never had great defense. Should be good. I think PM might win this. This would of been a mismatch yrs ago.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #36
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Yea evenly matched fights like over the hill veteran vs over the hill veteran sometimes make good scraps. Like Cristian Mijares vs Rafa Marquez. Even in their primes PM and Mosley never had great defense. Should be good. I think PM might win this. This would of been a mismatch yrs ago.
Mosley is even more shot than Marquez was then, and Mijares is (and always has been) a deal better than Malignaggi.

Combined they had more left to offer - both in terms of competitiveness and entertainment value - than Shane and Paulie do now.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #37
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Mosley is even more shot than Marquez was then, and Mijares is (and always has been) a deal better than Malignaggi.

Combined they had more left to offer - both in terms of competitiveness and entertainment value - than Shane and Paulie do now.
Could be IB, but to me Rafa was just as shot or worse than Mosley. He goes from giving Juanma a scare and Nishioka a tough fight some thinking he won to looking horrible vs Mijares. His timing was just bad, like amateur bad. I couldn't believe what I was watching. Even still it became a closet classic. Paulie just had that win over Senchenko, who's not a world beater, but a decent one. Rafa should of gotten tko'd by Nishioka and lasted the distance with Mijares, instead the opposite happens. But that's boxing for ya!
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #38
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Could be IB, but to me Rafa was just as shot or worse than Mosley. He goes from giving Juanma a scare and Nishioka a tough fight some thinking he won to looking horrible vs Mijares. His timing was just bad, like amateur bad. I couldn't believe what I was watching. Even still it became a closet classic. Paulie just had that win over Senchenko, who's not a world beater, but a decent one. Rafa should of gotten tko'd by Nishioka and lasted the distance with Mijares, instead the opposite happens. But that's boxing for ya!
Senchenko not only isn't a world beat, he isn't even a top dog at Euro level. (behind guys like Zaveck, Bundu, Kozaev, even Purdy).

He was a paper titlist, easily the weakest at 147 and chosen by Malignaggi for a reason. There is an inclination to want to rate him above his actual worth now to ease the sting of him knocking Hatton out, but in reality he's a very poor fighter. Malignaggi hit the championship jackpot landing that date in Ukraine.

I also think even the Marquez of the Mijares loss showed more intact ability relative to peak than Mosley did against Mora, Pac & Canelo.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #39
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 962

Haven't seen Paulie in a while but Shane is a walking corpse, easy win for Paulie.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #40
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat View Post
Haven't seen Paulie in a while but Shane is a walking corpse, easy win for Paulie.
this.

anyone that is picking a 41 year old former lightweight champion who hasnt won a fight in 4 years is simply a ****ing moron who really doesnt know shit about anything, much less boxing
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #41
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
this.

anyone that is picking a 41 year old former lightweight champion who hasnt won a fight in 4 years is simply a ****ing moron who really doesnt know shit about anything, much less boxing
Yeah, and it isn't just the lack of success on paper.

If you monitor his performances back to Margarito, they have all been dreadful and worsening each time out.

Against Mayweather he was only about 50% of his old self, and there only in spurts.

Against Mora, about 25%.

Pac 13.5%.

Canelo 6.75%.

So we should expect approximately 3.375% of the old Sugar magic against the Magic Man. Not enough.

Bashing in Tony's brains was his last hurrah, and it's been 4 years. He should have listened to Jin and retired around then.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #42
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

wow , Mosley in his prime (or anywhere close) would blitz Malignaggi, destroy him. I wouldn't be surprised if he still wins but Mosley is shot to hell. This would sadly probably look competitive.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #43
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
wow , Mosley in his prime (or anywhere close) would blitz Malignaggi, destroy him. I wouldn't be surprised if he still wins but Mosley is shot to hell. This would sadly probably look competitive.
It won't look competitive.

It'll be Malignaggi flitting around dusting a very resigned and deflated looking Mosley for 36 minutes, dodging a few power lunges here and there with maybe a few close calls due to Mosley retaining a little more speed than the average WW but with his heart not really in it and Malignaggi too alert and quick to stand in their path.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #44
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Yeah, and it isn't just the lack of success on paper.

If you monitor his performances back to Margarito, they have all been dreadful and worsening each time out.

Against Mayweather he was only about 50% of his old self, and there only in spurts.

Against Mora, about 25%.

Pac 13.5%.

Canelo 6.75%.

So we should expect approximately 3.375% of the old Sugar magic against the Magic Man. Not enough.

Bashing in Tony's brains was his last hurrah, and it's been 4 years. He should have listened to Jin and retired around then.
exactly
i blame youtube for most peoples moronic picks. they simply watch the margarito fight and ignore the next 4 years and somehow equate that is going to be the same guy walking into the ring in 2013. if this was shane from 5 years ago, he would be anannihilation agaist a guy like Paulie....
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #45
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
this.

mosely threw 745 punches against a bonafide, legit 154 canelo.

you would have to be a ****ing moron who really doesnt know shit about boxing to think that shane does not have a chance against a blown-up jww pauli who has less than a career 20 percent ko rate.

my bet is going to be against puali as opposed to on shane(mosely loses to all the top ww's which pauli is not) especially after seeing maliginaggi struggle against cano who was ko'd a year and a half ago against a blown-up lw morales).

give me the pinnaclesports.com odds and ill take mosely and you can have pauli(at the open and not at the close because handicappers are going to jump on the +300 which will get bet down to +200 or less on fight night).

in fact, this bet is open to anyone here but mostly to people with big mouths who dont back it up with their money.
Quincy K is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum