Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054
Default Replacing the klitschko brothers with ****ey

Ok let's remove the brothers and say stick ****ey in against Byrd for the IBF tittle . Personally and I know I am going to catch a **** storm for saying this but I can't see anyone of the heavyweights around during this time period stopping ****ey being as dominant as the brothers . ****ey no doubt could be his own worst enemy

Your thoughts
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Replacing the klitschko brothers with ****ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Butt View Post
Ok let's remove the brothers and say stick ****ey in against Byrd for the IBF tittle . Personally and I know I am going to catch a **** storm for saying this but I can't see anyone of the heavyweights around during this time period stopping ****ey being as dominant as the brothers . ****ey no doubt could be his own worst enemy

Your thoughts
Ehhhhh...
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

****ey didnīt have a champions mind like Wlad have.
I think Byrd would outsmart ****ey and win a UD.
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
****ey didnīt have a champions mind like Wlad have.
I think Byrd would outsmart ****ey and win a UD.
There is always a chance of that but I will put my faith in ****ey's power here .

Also if I chose to think the same way as many klitschko fans do I would simply use the Size argument as Byrd is so much smaller than ****ey
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
DaveK
Vicious & Malicious
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

He would have produced some exciting wins, but something tells me he would lack the consistency to have a reign and dominance for as long as Wlad...

He would have lost at some point.
DaveK is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
He would have produced some exciting wins, but something tells me he would lack the consistency to have a reign and dominance for as long as Wlad...

He would have lost at some point.
Yeah he would be his own worst enemy but ****ey at his best beats all of wlad's challengers . Which says a lot about the quality of those that have challenged wlad.
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yeah he would be his own worst enemy but ****ey at his best beats all of wlad's challengers . Which says a lot about the quality of those that have challenged wlad.
I think it says more about wlads ability to keep championship form for 7 straight years.

Buster Douglas, at his best, would annihilate every Joe Louis challenger... But I think we can agree Buster wasnt quite Joe Louis.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
I think it says more about wlads ability to keep championship form for 7 straight years.

Buster Douglas, at his best, would annihilate every Joe Louis challenger... But I think we can agree Buster wasnt quite Joe Louis.
I think you have to tip your hat to wlad for the way he has stayed focused and professional for such a long time . But let's be fair he and his brother during their tittle reigns have had little to beat.

I'd happily bet on Walcott ,Charles and conn to beat the best Douglas and max schmeling has an outside chance
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I think you have to tip your hat to wlad for the way he has stayed focused and professional for such a long time . But let's be fair he and his brother during their tittle reigns have had little to beat.

I'd happily bet on Walcott ,Charles and conn to beat the best Douglas and max schmeling has an outside chance
The Tokyo Douglas beats all those rather easiy... Very large, physically talented,skilled, focused with a great jab... All those if only for one night.

Are we now say in that heavyweight division has failed to produce a single decent contender over the past decade even there are many millions on the line? I think it is as much the result of the Bros. K stunting the progress of contenders with emphatic beatings. Seriously, a champ from the US or UK would be worth 30 + million USD per year active.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #10
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
The Tokyo Douglas beats all those rather easiy... Very large, physically talented,skilled, focused with a great jab... All those if only for one night.

Are we now say in that heavyweight division has failed to produce a single decent contender over the past decade even there are many millions on the line? I think it is as much the result of the Bros. K stunting the progress of contenders with emphatic beatings. Seriously, a champ from the US or UK would be worth 30 + million USD per year active.
To be honest I can't see to many decent challengers on the list of fighters they have beaten at a push haye and of course bryd who vitali lost to injury or not its a loss. Of course it does not help that povetkin has seemed unwilling to fight and other champions valuev and Ruiz were unable to negotiate terms at least that would of unified tittles . But perhaps being in a era of weak completion is just their bad luck . Helenius , price , povetkin and even fury would be the best challengers apart from haye that wlad has had. Lets not forget Peter nearly beat wlad and sanders beat him badly wlad would of been much better off rematching sanders from a legacy point of view than letting vitali take revenge
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #11
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

It isn't punching power that has kept Wlad dominant for so long, but consistency, dedication, and excellent preparation for each and every one of his fights. ****ey, at his best, might have beaten anyone on Wlad's resume, but my bet is that he'd take his eye off the ball at some point and get beaten. ****ey had a serious drinking problem, and if you're taking the man as he is then that's going to have to factor in at some point.

Just for the record, I think Haye had the potential to knock him out and Chambers and Byrd to outpoint him. On the flip side, however, I doubt that someone like Thompson or Rahman lasts anywhere near as long as they did against Wlad.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Byrd, Rahman, Ruiz and Brewster are the top names.

I think ****ey has a chance against any of these but least so against Brewster.

I reckon Brewster is the top hw without k2 around. I reckon he stays that way until either Haye or Povetkin gets a shot.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
To be honest I can't see to many decent challengers on the list of fighters they have beaten at a push haye and of course bryd who vitali lost to injury or not its a loss. Of course it does not help that povetkin has seemed unwilling to fight and other champions valuev and Ruiz were unable to negotiate terms at least that would of unified tittles . But perhaps being in a era of weak completion is just their bad luck . Helenius , price , povetkin and even fury would be the best challengers apart from haye that wlad has had. Lets not forget Peter nearly beat wlad and sanders beat him badly wlad would of been much better off rematching sanders from a legacy point of view than letting vitali take revenge
Yet, Wlad did beat Peter and beat him again badly. And he crushed Brewster in a return. People forget quickly that Peter was the divison,'s savoir with truly elite power. I would seriously take Peter over ****ey that everyone so praises. And outside of a legit KD and some rabbit punches, Wlad won every other minute of their two fights. It is interesting to note, also, that he went down in the first fight but soaked more than a few brutal shots in the second, including undefended shots after the bell. I think there we see the progression of his rebuilt pysche.

Its all over soon for him. He's getting well up there. In my lifetime folks rated Holmes and Lewis poorly during their runs only for these reputations to be greatly inflated afterward. It will be interesting to see what is thought of him a decade from now.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #14
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Byrd, Rahman, Ruiz and Brewster are the top names.

I think ****ey has a chance against any of these but least so against Brewster.

I reckon Brewster is the top hw without k2 around. I reckon he stays that way until either Haye or Povetkin gets a shot.
I think ****ey takes out that version of Rahman that Wlad fought in the first or second, a la Lyle or Norton. Byrd's a bit of a tricky one. He'd lost a step by the time he rematched Wlad but much more experienced against big men and less prone to making silly mistakes that got him caught by Ike. I think he either outboxes ****ey or gets taken out early. Brewster would be a hell of a fight. Brewster could take a ferocious beating and could dish it out just as well as he could take it. The ring worn detached retina version who rematched Wlad probably loses by mid rounds knockout, but the one who took out Wlad could well have done the same to ****ey.

Ruiz? Really got no idea who that fight goes. Don't want to imagine it really. Probably Ruiz by ugly points decision.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #15
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
I think ****ey takes out that version of Rahman that Wlad fought in the first or second, a la Lyle or Norton. Byrd's a bit of a tricky one. He'd lost a step by the time he rematched Wlad but much more experienced against big men and less prone to making silly mistakes that got him caught by Ike. I think he either outboxes ****ey or gets taken out early. Brewster would be a hell of a fight. Brewster could take a ferocious beating and could dish it out just as well as he could take it. The ring worn detached retina version who rematched Wlad probably loses by mid rounds knockout, but the one who took out Wlad could well have done the same to ****ey.

Ruiz? Really got no idea who that fight goes. Don't want to imagine it really. Probably Ruiz by ugly points decision.
Rahman up until he lost to Maskaev was a force in the division.

Brewster up until the loss to iggy was arguably the best hw in the world with the k bros around never mind without them.

Byrd was slowing more and more, the longer the fight waits, the more I favour Lamont.
lufcrazy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum