Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #1
Slicknick56
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default 3rd fight, any critiquing would be appreciated

my third fight. i posted the last 2 when they happened, i lost both by decision. Since those 2 ive been studying my tapes and working hard at the gym to fix the mistakes i made in each fight. here is my third fight

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

im the guy with the yellow stripe.

thanks
Slicknick56 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202
Default Re: 3rd fight, any critiquing would be appreciated

Looked good. Good jabs and rights. Could use an uppercut to keep him from the inside, and don't forget to rip that body. Aside from that, you could work on the power in your right. It landed all the time, might as well make it hurt him.

At the end he started getting to you some. If you've got the energy, get down and rip into his body. Impaling him on a body shot will keep him from rushing you recklessly.

You werte clearly much better than him though. Good stuff.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Kill a B
Journeyman

vCash: 830

Looking good

At times it seemed like the only weapon your opponent had was a swinging right hand. You ducked and dodged a lot of those shots very nicely, but I didn't see you answering with any shots right after he missed the right and was off balance (for example look at 0:36). Maybe work on throwing more counter shots after avoiding one?

Anyway, good fight and you definitely have skills
Kill a B is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Turn into your right hand more, body shots particularly the right hand to the body underneath that looping right, follow up after your right hand more you were landing it then stepping back whilst he was just covering up a few times. Tighten up more when throwing bunches of shots.

Good stuff mate I'm being overly critical of course your jab looked good but it seemed like for bits you'd forget to use it because the right hand was landing. What weight was this at you looked real fast.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicknick56 View Post
my third fight. i posted the last 2 when they happened, i lost both by decision. Since those 2 ive been studying my tapes and working hard at the gym to fix the mistakes i made in each fight. here is my third fight

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

im the guy with the yellow stripe.

thanks
How much do you weigh?
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
jasper2005
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

move your head
jasper2005 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
123ko
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

its your 3rd fight ,,with out going into to much advise ,,just work one your speed thats it for know ,,,speed speed speed ,,with your punching ,,
123ko is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
greynotsoold
Contender
ESB Senior Member

There were spots there where you looked pretty good. You know, when he starts that stuff, getting real low and bobbing and weaving, just step back. Don't play along. You tend to throw punches from too far away, especially your right hand. Reaching with that punch will get you nailed. At one point you threw a left uppercut from a mile away and that won't do you much good, either.
When you do your footwork drills, or when you spar, try this...When you move forward, push off your right foot, to propel your left foot. When you move back, push off your left foot, to move your right foot. I think that this will help you keep your feet at the right space apart. You have a tendency to throw a real wide left hook, more of a swing, and your right hand gets real wide as well.
greynotsoold is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #9
JDK
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675

Looking pretty good. Good speed, angles (basic but good), good jab and rhythm.
I think you could benefit a lot by working on your foundation. You're a bit squared up and your feet could use more disipline both in strength and technique. They'd let you use your range a little better imo.
JDK is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #10
jof
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1363

Thought it was good.

You squared off a bit and could do with sitting down on your punches a little bit.

Also not many body shots but I'm being picky.

Good work keep it up.
jof is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #11
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Looking good man. Usually I nitpick, but I liked what I saw for the most part. Good balance and movement, you controlled the center of the ring well. The right hands landed accurately and frequently, which is good, you set it up well. You got that counter-left hook down pretty good too, real useful. You also handled yourself well when up close, positioning your left to cover his right.

As others have said, more body work would have been good. Also, when you exit out the side door to pivot out, I'd try to duck low a bit so you don't get caught with the odd looping shot as you move laterally.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
Slicknick56
Contender
ESB Senior Member

thanks, you guys are the best.

ive been posting my fights and you guys are a tremendous help in getting better for each one.

anyway, i was practicing body work alot for this fight. My first 2 fights were against brawlers also where i was forced into standing and trading which is not where i wanted to be. i threw a few body shots but i want them more effective. also sitting on the right hand is a great call, i will defiitely be working on that. i als want to ork on following up on my combinations as someone said already. i tend to "admire my work" as they say. anyway, ill try harder for the next fight.

as always thanks for the advice and good luck to you all also.
Slicknick56 is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
bam-bam
Journeyman

Try an have an answer/counter for stuff like some people have said. He had a wild right and you moved and he missed, then when you make him miss, use what he exposes to your advantage e.g body shot him or pivot off so he's facing away from you and he has to turn quickly/off balances himself.

With wild rights too yours was looping on occasion which, of course has its place and can be used, but it seemed to sort of telegraphed it, and he moved more often than not because you could see it coming. Your straight right was good and when you threw it 1.2 bang bang they both connected when you used a straight shot. Use it more mate it was a good shot.

Other than that you look good for 3 fights. Certainly getting better than the two losses.
bam-bam is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #14
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Extremely late reaction, but I just saw this thread. Nice fight, like your skill level especially for a third fight. Most has been said already, but I really like your jab you should use it more. The right hook is too wide, use something to set it up and keep it crisp.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #15
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Good stuff! Keep it up!
Speechless is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing