Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
prime
BOX! Writing Champion
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Happy 71st Birthday, Muhammad Ali!

About 10 out of 10 fighters get into boxing, as Joe Frazier would say, to make the M - O - N - E - Y .

By all accounts, young Cassius Clay, who discovered boxing when he lost his new bike, took up the sport as a calling. That is what has made him unique.

"Every pursuit is great when greatly pursued." --Oliver Wendell Holmes.

When other fighters were thinking about putting food on the table (a very laudable and honest goal), Ali had God on his mind, setting his people free.

He did all right.

Ali never really cared about the money, so it is wonderful to see him living out old age--in contrast to so many other fighters--in comfort and peace, with a wonderful, caring woman by his side, and the love of a world just beyond his doorstep.

As Ali progressively does appear to me--truly for the first time--ravaged by the effects of illness and time, I am comforted by that wonderful lady's shrugging, nonchalant response to a journalist's recent, concerned-sounding question on how Ali is doing: "He's fine." Also, Brother Duodenum's pointing out that Ali's parents still lived a few more years than Ali is old now, so, just maybe, we and Ali still have a nice chunk of time together.

For Muhammad Ali, a fighter, to be--along with my parents, the Bible authors, Napoleon Hill, Steven Covey, Nelson Mandela--among the very most influential people in my life, is a tribute in itself.

So, thank you, Ali, for fulfilling the mission, and making the world a better, happier place for it. And may God bless you, always.
prime is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Happy 71st Birthday, Muhammad Ali!

Many happy returns to THE Champ.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
ThinBlack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Happy Birthday, Muhammad! And here wishing for many more, yeah!
ThinBlack is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime View Post
About 10 out of 10 fighters get into boxing, as Joe Frazier would say, to make the M - O - N - E - Y .

By all accounts, young Cassius Clay, who discovered boxing when he lost his new bike, took up the sport as a calling. That is what has made him unique.

When other fighters were thinking about putting food on the table (a very laudable and honest goal), Ali had God on his mind, setting his people free.

He did all right.

Ali never really cared about the money, so it is wonderful to see him living out old age--in contrast to so many other fighters--in comfort and peace, with a wonderful, caring woman by his side, and the love of a world just beyond his doorstep.

As Ali progressively does appear to me--truly for the first time--ravaged by the effects of illness and time, I am comforted by that wonderful lady's shrugging, nonchalant response to a journalist's recent, concerned-sounding question on how Ali is doing: "He's fine." Also, Brother Duodenum's pointing out that Ali's parents still lived a few more years than Ali is old now, so, just maybe, we and Ali still have a nice chunk of time together.

For Muhammad Ali, a fighter, to be--along with my parents, the Bible authors, Napoleon Hill, Steven Covey, Nelson Mandela--among the very most influential people in my life, is a tribute in itself.

So, thank you, Ali, for fulfilling the mission, and making the world a better, happier place for it. And may God bless you, always.
Well said!..Thankyou for this post Prime!
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Happy Birthday Champ!...We love you
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
gentleman jim
gentleman jim
ESB Senior Member

I watched hm on ABC's Wide World Of Sports back in the 70's on my crappy tv with rabbit ears. Where have the years gone?! I'm making a time machine....I wanna go back!
gentleman jim is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Happy birthday to the most iconic boxer of all time, the best HW that ever lived, Muhammad Ali.

Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 427

Happy Birthday champ! Theres good and great but Ali is the greatest.
Ali marathon on Espn classic!
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773

Happy Birthday CHAMP !

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Theron; 01-17-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
KidJackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2323

Happy birthday to the Greatest!
KidJackal is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #11
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #12
The Spider

vCash:

So glad he's still with us. Happy birthday Champ.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #13
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

A little late to the party, but wishing the champ a very Happy Birthday.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #14
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Wishing the Champ another Happy Birthday, hopefully I will be able to for many years to come.
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #15
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ok, I am going to be a asshole, and i guess risk a ban, but **** it...i love watching Ali fights..and i by and large like him from everything i know..but some of this is bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime View Post
Most fighters stay in the sport for monwy, but many get into it not expecting money, they get into it, and stay in it for many reasons, money being one, and also other darker goals (power, enjoying being physically dominate over another human, getting *****, fame). Also to be great. I like its fair to say that Ali liked many of those other things as well.
ehhh, see above...
yeah he pursued it great, so did many others
Yes God..while he was banging every hot women he could right? Setting his people free, while calling another black man a gorilla because he (Frazier) had more african features (likely because he had less white blood in him).
He did all right.
Ehhhh.....see above (frazier, gorilla)
Thats why he turned down other offers to fight again until Don King came up with a big chunk of money for the Holmes fight....what the **** does that shit even mean..never cared about the money? why would you think this about him any more than any other heavyweight champion.
I do hope he lives long

Again, he was a great fighter, in the grand scheme of things had many good and great qualities. but wasnt perfect and wasnt a saint. He liked money, he liked beating up men, he likes getting lots of *****..im sure he liked God as well. my point is we can be honest about someone and still love them.
Johnstown is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum