Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-16-2013, 05:20 AM   #16
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: If Rigondeaux deserves a shot at Donaire because he has 2 gold medals....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Americans claiming a gold medal means nothing.... Bet you fools weren't saying that when Ward, De La Hoya and Whitaker won their gold medals. American amateur boxing is in a hole and consequently so are their pro fighters. It's the same sport no matter how much you'd like to deny it.
Nah, they also got into the scene with so much hype (like Rigo has) as they came into the pros. But they've proven their worth since then. You couldn't have possibly imagine De La Hoya to be fighting Chavez and Whitaker in his 10th pro fight. Niether does Whitaker to Chavez and Nelson nor Ward does to Kessler and even Calzaghe early in their careers.

They took their respective opponents step-by-step not because of their HYPE from the amateurs that skyrocketed them immediately against an elite fighter.

Rigo got with the same topic as Donaire because of so much HYPE he got from his amateur background not because he stepped-up on his level in the pros that made him much worthy for a Donaire clash
jan_fan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #17
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400
Default Re: If Rigondeaux deserves a shot at Donaire because he has 2 gold medals....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBuilder View Post
Don't mind Rigondeaux at all. It's his retard fans that say Donaire is ducking him when he's done absolutely **** ALL to deserve a fight with Donaire that I don't like.
He's an undefeated world champion
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #18
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan_fan View Post
Nah, they also got into the scene with so much hype (like Rigo has) as they came into the pros. But they've proven their worth since then. You couldn't have possibly imagine De La Hoya to be fighting Chavez and Whitaker in his 10th pro fight. Niether does Whitaker to Chavez and Nelson nor Ward does to Kessler and even Calzaghe early in their careers.

They took their respective opponents step-by-step not because of their HYPE from the amateurs that skyrocketed them immediately against an elite fighter.

Rigo got with the same topic as Donaire because of so much HYPE he got from his amateur background not because he stepped-up on his level in the pros that made him much worthy for a Donaire clash
Fair point but I think Rigo has a bit more hype than those guys based on being a double gold medallist and his obvious ability. Not that those three guys didn't look good coming straight out of the olympics but Rigo arguably looks a lot more seasoned than those guys at the same stage (due to his long amateur career and his physical maturity), Rigo stepped up comp quickly and he has a title so I don't think it's all just hype. Rigondeaux is a masterful boxer with a title, he's as deserving as anyone.
Rigondeaux's technical and athletic ability is plain to see, Nonito has talked about him enough, why not fight him?
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #19
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

vCash: 650

Quote:
Fair point but I think Rigo has a bit more hype than those guys based on being a double gold medallist and his obvious ability. Not that those three guys didn't look good coming straight out of the olympics but Rigo arguably looks a lot more seasoned than those guys at the same stage (due to his long amateur career and his physical maturity), Rigo stepped up comp quickly and he has a title so I don't think it's all just hype. Rigondeaux is a masterful boxer with a title, he's as deserving as anyone.
Rigondeaux's technical and athletic ability is plain to see, Nonito has talked about him enough, why not fight him?
Man..this is a masterful comment..my respect to you..
angry cuban is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #20
Anima
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 882

He deserves a shot but Mares deserves it more.
Anima is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #21
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1391

i don't really care who donaire fights next, as long as it's rigo or mares.
reed_man02 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #22
wahoo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

It a good fight I don't care if rigo deserve it or not, who else besides mares you want donaire to fight @ 122
wahoo is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #23
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBuilder View Post
He won the belt of Rico Ramos who is an absolute joke. He's lost this weekend to a bum and struggled to be the bum before him.

He's not ranked number 1, Mares is to anybody with any boxing knowledge at all.
This forum would be a better place if the mods banned all the idiots that call professional boxers "bums".

How about you do the mods a favor and delete your account.
pound is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #24
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Dude, I won't hold Rigo back for fighting Donaire. If both makes it happen then bring it on. But I just want to make it clear as the examples shown above that when we bring up the fact on whether Rigo deserves a Donaire shot already, I should say he's hasn't yet. I know that guy's a talented fighter and could possibly be a threat. But saying he's deserving is a different story. He hasn't done quite enough yet to be on Donaire's level. I'm not saying Rigo needs to have more than 20 fights to have Donaire fight. What he's done early in his pro career(sorry amateurs doesn't mean much for me but only a mere build-up of hype and display of skillset but it has different records from pros) was great but not as great as to be on the level of an elite fighter someone as Donaire's. I'm not also saying Rigo needs to be as great as Donaire to have a shot on him. All I'm saying is Rigo NEEDS TO STEP-UP ON HIS GAME w/c he hasn't done quite enough. He keeps on calling out Donaire, but what else did he do? Did he step up on his game? Who was he fighting? Kennedy and Marroquin? Do you think it's a bright idea to bring on Donaire with those types of opponents he's facing?

This is my take before we consider that he properly deserves, let him fight bigger names. Names that are very well known in the scene of boxing. I've already mentioned some of them in previous threads. It doesn't need to be a very hard opponent as long as it's a markable name. Maybe 1 or 2 of them would be good enough then we can talk again about this. But for now, it's just easy to dismiss Rigo from the topic.
jan_fan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum