Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Eric Boone/Ken Buchanan LWs who wins?

A very fine boxer Ken Buchanan going against a dynamic lightweight puncher Eric Boone ,Britain's hardest lightweight puncher..Who wins
this match of boxer against puncher of different era's ?
burt bienstock is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Eric Boone/Ken Buchanan LWs who wins?

Boy Boon was a great fighter and in the late 30s early 40s could of won the world title...

he made a very late 40s come back and fought some great fighters though he was done. anyway in 1947 Boon fough this guy - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - for Fight of the Year in Britain.

and this 'little' guy beat loads of fellow greats, this little guy is also the fellow I call "the Proof Fighter" - proof that the Very Top Brit & Euro fighters were just as good and some better than their american contemporaries.

If a finished Boon comes back and earns Fight of the Year in the next division up with this guy, I think the favour has to sit with Boy Boon over Buchanan.
thistle1 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
A very fine boxer Ken Buchanan going against a dynamic lightweight puncher Eric Boone ,Britain's hardest lightweight puncher..Who wins
this match of boxer against puncher of different era's ?
I think Boon was just short of world class whereas Buchanan is arguably top 15 at the weight. Boxers also troubled the Fen Tiger and they don't come much better than Ken. The word great is thrown around much too often imo. Buchanan by clear decision. To anticipate Thistle ,I am aware Boon was very briefly rated by the Ring, One swallow etc ---. Boon fought Villemain ,and was duly kod by him in 10rds.
mcvey is online now  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
I think Boon was just short of world class whereas Buchanan is arguably top 15 at the weight. Boxers also troubled the Fen Tiger and they don't come much better than Ken. The word great is thrown around much too often imo. Buchanan by clear decision. To anticipate Thistle ,I am aware Boon was very briefly rated by the Ring, One swallow etc ---. Boon fought Villemain ,and was duly kod by him in 10rds.
I saw Villemain box at the end of his career. One tough dude who just came short of beating the very top middleweights of a very tough era. When Villemain beat Eric Boone, Boone was way past his lightweight peak and Villemain was a MW,whilst Eric Boone was a WW at that time...
While watching youtube showing a peak LW Eric Boone , he reminded me of a composite Rocky Marciano and Ray Mancini in style...What a banger
for a lightweight...ESB check this dude out...
burt bienstock is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
I saw Villemain box at the end of his career. One tough dude who just came short of beating the very top middleweights of a very tough era. When Villemain beat Eric Boone, Boone was way past his lightweight peak and Villemain was a MW,whilst Eric Boone was a WW at that time...
While watching youtube showing a peak LW Eric Boone , he reminded me of a composite Rocky Marciano and Ray Mancini in style...What a banger
for a lightweight...ESB check this dude out...
BOON , [no e ,] was 28 years old and 144.75lbs to Villemain's 150lbs ,so there was only 5.25lbs between them.
mcvey is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum