Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
MrSpeaker89
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Vitali told Wlad to quit after the 3rd KO loss Will Wlad advise him now?

You can understand why Vitali did so. It was a major low point of Wlad's career and virtually nobody could see him becoming the dominant HW that he is now.

With Vitali approaching 42 years of age and looking slow in his last 2 fights (which age does to you, no shame in it) - do you think Wlad/Bernd Boente would advise Vitali to not take the fight with the fast and hard punching Haye?

Let's face it, it doesn't add a GREAT deal to his legacy as Haye was only a great CW and hardly the best of HWs.

I'm sure Vitali is financially set for the rest of his life + he has a whole new career as a politician.

Although he would still be favourite and I think he could still beat Haye - would he want to take the risk?
MrSpeaker89 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
Shane_Erich
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 400
Default Re: Vitali told Wlad to quit after the 3rd KO loss Will Wlad advise him now?

I think it's more personal. he wants to destroy Haye.
Shane_Erich is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
mgdb26
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3528
Default Re: Vitali told Wlad to quit after the 3rd KO loss Will Wlad advise him now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpeaker89 View Post
You can understand why Vitali did so. It was a major low point of Wlad's career and virtually nobody could see him becoming the dominant HW that he is now.

With Vitali approaching 42 years of age and looking slow in his last 2 fights (which age does to you, no shame in it) - do you think Wlad/Bernd Boente would advise Vitali to not take the fight with the fast and hard punching Haye?

Let's face it, it doesn't add a GREAT deal to his legacy as Haye was only a great CW and hardly the best of HWs.

I'm sure Vitali is financially set for the rest of his life + he has a whole new career as a politician.

Although he would still be favourite and I think he could still beat Haye - would he want to take the risk?
He's not the best of HW's? He's far better than any HW out there not named Klitchko, and I'm not even a Haye fan.
mgdb26 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Synthetic Decay
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Probably not but if he doesn't take the fight he is going to look like a huge ****ing hypocrite in regards to the whole Lewis rematch scenario, as are his most ardent fans.

He is diminished and for that reason Haye has a good chance in this fight, he should take the fight on principle. Also Haye is the best contender at this moment in time. As disappointing as he has been at heavyweight.
Synthetic Decay is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
MrSpeaker89
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane_Erich View Post
I think it's more personal. he wants to destroy Haye.

Surely he realises Haye is all trash talk and was only saying those things to:

1. Sell the fight and get more people to buy it thus creating more revenue for himself and Wlad.
2. To get Wlad to change from his usual safety first style and be more aggressive.

Any so called "bad blood" should be gone by now.
MrSpeaker89 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Wlad to Vitali: if you fight David, take your Go-Faster running shoes to the ring
damian38 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum