Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
MrSpeaker89
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Vitali: We sent Haye a contract to fight me in Moscow, but he went and fought Chisora

He said this at a press conference on September 3rd.

Why did Haye choose to fight Chisora? Because he was offered more money

If Haye was offered 1m to fight Vitali this year but was somehow offered 10m to do a rematch with Audley, he would probably take the Audley fight.

I don't mind Haye but the man is a mercenary

Last edited by MrSpeaker89; 01-18-2013 at 09:46 AM.
MrSpeaker89 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122
Default Re: Vitali: We sent Haye a contract to fight me in Moscow, but he went and fought Chi

Haye didnt choose Chisora over Vitali, he wanted to fight Chizzy first in the summer than Vitali in the autumn. However, as soon as he signed the contract K2 withdrew their offer.

The 1st Charr-Vitali press conference was after Haye-Chisora. It would've been easy to hype & sell the fight but, for whatever reasons, K2 didnt want it to happen.
DrMo is online now  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
MrSpeaker89
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Vitali: We sent Haye a contract to fight me in Moscow, but he went and fought Chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Haye didnt choose Chisora over Vitali, he wanted to fight Chizzy first in the summer than Vitali in the autumn. However, as soon as he signed the contract K2 withdrew their offer.

The 1st Charr-Vitali press conference was after Haye-Chisora. It would've been easy to hype & sell the fight but, for whatever reasons, K2 didnt want it to happen.
So, Vitali has to whistle to Haye's plans? They knew Vitali wouldn't be available for a fight in the Autumn due to his commitments as a politician.

If Haye truly wanted the fight he would have taken it then, but he saw more money was to be made with a Chisora fight so that's the road he took.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

Haye is available and calling you out now Vitali, so he fought Chisora, who cares that was a great rivalry and fight for him.

Man up!
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybronson View Post
Haye is a fraud,a con man who is going broke so is making noise for a big pay day.
Going broke? He cleared 3-4 million for the Valuev fight and atleast five million from the Chisora fight.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpeaker89 View Post
So, Vitali has to whistle to Haye's plans? They knew Vitali wouldn't be available for a fight in the Autumn due to his commitments as a politician.

If Haye truly wanted the fight he would have taken it then, but he saw more money was to be made with a Chisora fight so that's the road he took.
He fought Charr in September, which is in the Autumn. You arent making any sense.

Haye wanted to fight Chisora first & then Vitali, but once he agreed to fight Chisora K2 withdrew their contract, which they are perfectly entitled to do.

Like Ive already said, K2 didnt do any promotional work with Charr until after the Haye-Chisora fight. It wouldve been an easy sell but they chose not to, they chose Charr instead.

Haye didnt reject the K2 contract for a Vitali fight in 2012, K2 withdrew it.
DrMo is online now  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I don't understand why as soon as Vitali says something it's all of a sudden gospel.

It's all PR and posturing. Could go round and round all day like Pacquiao - Mayweather.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
MrSpeaker89
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
Going broke? He cleared 3-4 million for the Valuev fight and atleast five million from the Chisora fight.
He made about 10m for fighting Wlad
Probs over a million for fighting Valuev
and I heard a figure of 3m for the Chisora fight

PLUS he was paid the highest sum of any previous contestant on I'm a Celebrity Get me out of Here and his DVD appears to be selling ok.

I would say he is quite financially secure even if he doesn't fight Vitali.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybronson View Post
Haye is a fraud,a con man who is going broke so is making noise for a big pay day.
You shouldn't really comment if you don't know what you're talking about. Makes you look after.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #10
MrSpeaker89
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
I don't understand why as soon as Vitali says something it's all of a sudden gospel.

It's all PR and posturing. Could go round and round all day like Pacquiao - Mayweather.
And what Haye speaks is always the truth?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #11
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut Me Mick View Post
Haye after Chisora fight; "I won't be fighting again this year. I rarely fight more than once a year".

So in a nutshell, your statement is bollocks.
Haye made that statement after K2 had withdrawn their contract & gone with Charr instead.

Haye has frequently said he only wants to fight a Klitschko, if neither Klit is available that year then its fairly logical he wouldnt fighting.
DrMo is online now  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

PLUS he was paid the highest sum of any previous contestant on I'm a Celebrity Get me out of Here and his DVD appears to be selling ok.

He got more than a million for the valuev fight cos sky thought he wud only do 100,000 buys and every buy over that fighure went straight into his bank account. Also his iphone game is doing extremely well in the charts which is making him a packet.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #13
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Why did Haye choose to fight Chisora? Because he was offered more money
Guess why he's barking about Vitali now?, because he wants more... MONEY. Fact is, Haye is a smart business man. He knew that by fighting Chisora after the fiasco it would make a Vitali fight more attractive. If this fight is signed, expect him to go in there and fight Vitali as he did Wladimir.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #14
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

Quote:

24m vs Wlad
5m vs Valuev
3m vs Chisora
Ruiz & Harrison were both around 10-8m iirc
DrMo is online now  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #15
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
And what Haye speaks is always the truth?
Erm, did I say that anywhere in that post, at all? No.

My point was that when Haye talks, people dismiss it and rightly so. But for some reason when Vitali talks its as if it could not possibly have any other motive than being a bastion of boxing honesty.

It's sad for so called adults.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum