Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default If Vazquez beats Burns is the Boner dream all over?

Will Ricky Burns ever fight in the big time in the US?
craney91 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
cutthroat22

vCash: 213
Default Re: If Vazquez beats Burns is the Boner dream all over?

Probably not until broner gets beaten.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
boxzone
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Yes its over in my opinion. Broner will not fight Burns as he will be looking at the bigger fights which could bring in Millions. I think Broner will then look at Vasquez. Broner is good but Rees will give him a brawl if he is given the opportunity. I think Broner will win but I dont think it will be as comfortable as many believe.
boxzone is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
Jim Bowen
MARVELOUS
ESB Addict

Fairly sure your Boner dream would come true. Tit.
Jim Bowen is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

If Ricky loses Vasquez then it isn't all over for him but it would be a HUGE setback for him. Maybe he could fight DeMarco in a redemption fight?

Let's not think about this right now though, Ricky has a GREAT chance of winning this.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
If Ricky loses Vasquez then it isn't all over for him but it would be a HUGE setback for him. Maybe he could fight DeMarco in a redemption fight?

Let's not think about this right now though, Ricky has a GREAT chance of winning this.
Got to say I disagree.

I think Ricky has got more of a chance with the fight against Vazquez being here. But Vazquez is so awkward its unreal, he does not stop moving, it's like Sergio Martinez. Ricky has improved a lot, but one thing I have noticed for the last few fights, is that he is relying on his opponent to commit and rush in. Thats how he finished Mitchell. Ricky has good range on the back foot, but its not range he needs in this fight. Its out pressuring the mover, stopping him in his tracks, slowing him down etc etc. Vazquez moves more than he punches, so he wont be rushing in like Kevin Mitchell. This fight is another ball game, and a whole new ball game for Ricky Burns.

Vazquez has a great resume, he has fought some truly world class operators, Ricky aint fought anyone like Timothy Bradley or Saul Alvarez. This is the next level.

I can just see Vazquez running all fight knowing more than anyone he is fighting on foreign ground, popping out a few punches here and there, and taking the fight by UD.

I cant see Ricky Burns winning this fight on points. If he wins the fight, he'll have to be the first one to stop Miguel Vazquez.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Jonny5-9
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Ricky has a great chance of winning this, if he does he wont fight Broner anyway, he will have two belts claim that Broner should come over here (which he wont) and make plenty of money defending them in Scotland.
Jonny5-9 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Got to say I disagree.

I think Ricky has got more of a chance with the fight against Vazquez being here. But Vazquez is so awkward its unreal, he does not stop moving, it's like Sergio Martinez. Ricky has improved a lot, but one thing I have noticed for the last few fights, is that he is relying on his opponent to commit and rush in. Thats how he finished Mitchell. Ricky has good range on the back foot, but its not range he needs in this fight. Its out pressuring the mover, stopping him in his tracks, slowing him down etc etc. Vazquez moves more than he punches, so he wont be rushing in like Kevin Mitchell. This fight is another ball game, and a whole new ball game for Ricky Burns.

Vazquez has a great resume, he has fought some truly world class operators, Ricky aint fought anyone like Timothy Bradley or Saul Alvarez. This is the next level.

I can just see Vazquez running all fight knowing more than anyone he is fighting on foreign ground, popping out a few punches here and there, and taking the fight by UD.

I cant see Ricky Burns winning this fight on points. If he wins the fight, he'll have to be the first one to stop Miguel Vazquez.
Waiting on his oponents rushing in?
Craney what you watching,Ricky hunted down Kevin,please if your going to make statement have the facts to back them up,which here you clearly have not
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #9
Llanlad
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Give Burns some credit Craney ..

You knock him at every opportunity ... in your eyes, he loses to Broner and now because hes fighting Vazquez ... your oiling over Vazquez.

Its kind of ironic that you spell Broner as Boner ..
Llanlad is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Waiting on his oponents rushing in?
Craney what you watching,Ricky hunted down Kevin,please if your going to make statement have the facts to back them up,which here you clearly have not
gotta agree here Craney, Burns chased Kevin down to land that combo that dropped him, what fight did you see?

as for the thread, yes, no way would he fight broner then, broner would obviously have to look at vazquez
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

If Vazquez beats Burns and then fights Broner, I think he'll beat Broner too, so in that scenario, a Burns/Broner fight could happen but it's unlikely.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #12
Markyboy86
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llanlad View Post
Give Burns some credit Craney ..

You knock him at every opportunity ... in your eyes, he loses to Broner and now because hes fighting Vazquez ... your oiling over Vazquez.

Its kind of ironic that you spell Broner as Boner ..
Its all because Billy Nelson posts on here and he tries to get a rise out of him, he clearly lives that sad a life that he feels the need to do this and get kicks out of it. He probably tells his colleagues in McDonalds that he bores shitless day after day with his inane chatter that he is in contact with people in the boxing world who he talks to dailly and gives advice to, the guy is a ****ing tosser.
Markyboy86 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #13
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So I aint posted in a while and look what this thread has descended into without me even here!!!! Are these guys your drinking buddies down your local or something Bill?

It has emphatically got f*ck all with me trying to get a rise out of Billy Nelson, my life aint that sad, neither do I work in McDonalds, what kind of stereotype demographic is that you zombie!?!

He picks Vazquez to win = "He works in McDonalds, trying to get a rise out of Billy Nelson."

I've given Ricky plenty of credit, as I have Billy Nelson. You just ignore all that. Because you cherry pick what it is you want to hear. THE TRUTH HURTS. And some of you are butt hurt!

The same shit is happening here like it has been for a while, this forum has turned into the Ricky Burns fanclub overload. If you go against the grain or their consensus opinion, they will jump all over you spitting their dummies out and coming straight at you with raging boners and red faces.

How can someone over the internet, who you dont know, and will more than likely never meet, get you all so enraged?

Shouldnt you be directing that rage elsewhere, like at system? The way the world is? The world would slowly but surely become a better place if you harnessed that energy elsewhere.

And then some nobody "newbie" called BELOWTHEBATTY? Or something, comes here giving it sh*t.

Shouldnt you be elsewhere sunshine? Like trolling on your other 50 odd accounts you sat and created one summers day whilst wanking over Ricky Burns fights on youtube?

Boxing is all about opinions, if you dont like mine, dont comment in my threads, how many times do I have to say that? Stick me on ignore and f*ck off! I have a list of about 30 on my ignore list, 31 now. They dont exist to me anymore, why cant you do the same if you hate me that much?
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
Llanlad
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Llanlad is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Your just deluded and blindly supporting Ricky Burns. The bloke has fought NO ONE at Lightweight, this is his 1st fight at this weight credible enough. He admitted STRAIGHT UP he turned his nose up at the Broner fight. So much for "anytime anyplace anywhere" what a complete load of steamy dog poo. He blatantly ducked the fight, on about sparring and all the other million excuses, if Ricky Burns was even half as good as some of you make out, he would have been all over that Broner fight in the USA, ASAP. 8 weeks, 5 weeks or 1 day, he would have been all over it and confident like some of you make out. Billy said there is no one fitter this side of the pond, he has complete faith in him, but they didnt take the fight.

It would have been Ricky's first big test at Lightweight against the number 1 and first big fight in the US, and they (him and his management) didnt want any of it. To think I defended Ricky and Billy against people on here who called Ricky Burns ducking Adrien Broner, I honestly thought Ricky wanted the fight the moment it was on the table.

How wrong was I!

Domesticated world champion who doesnt want a big fight in the US until he and Morrison get it all their own way. The Broner fight wont happen at all now, Vazquez will beat Ricky Burns on points. And Broner wont sit around at the weight, I said this before. Nobody listened. If Ricky Burns somehow beats Vazquez, they will duck the Broner in the US fight still, claiming 2 belts and Broner should come here to fight Ricky Burns.

Excuses excuses excuses, because they CLEARLY dont want the fight anytime soon. If Broner called their bluff and said - OK have it your way, I'll fight you in Scotland, they'd shit themselves and look for a way out.

They KNOW Ricky Burns gets beat. So they dont want the fight until Ricky has done something in the sport, so if he loses to Broner, they can say he has nothing to be ashamed of and all that BS.

Seen it and heard it all before. Boxing has gone down the pan.

It's not run by the fighters, fighting the best no matter what, its run by people sat in an office all week.
craney91 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum