Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #91
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

It wasn't a robbery. Just a close fight.
Asterion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #92
KuRuPT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

How on God's Green Earth anybody could give the first 6 rounds to SRL is really beyond me. I'm mean seriously beyond me. I'm just glad the people that did aren't judges for professionals fights. Round 2 and 3 can easily be scored for hagler.. Round 5 in a no brainer for me and giving that to Hagler. Somebody please explain how the F you gave that round to Leonard? Anyways, I have scored for hagler and felt he should've won. SRL didn't do enough to convince me he deserved to take the title away from Hagler.
KuRuPT is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #93
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Watched most of this fight yesterday after seeing the thread, I think it comes down to what you like

In most of the early rounds no matter what you lean toward in judging its obvious Leonard should be out front after 6

Then Hagler begins to get going and from there I think its preference

I think Hagler is BS'ing us when he said he never felt Ray's punches a few sneaky ones definitely stopped him in his tracks or backed him off

I also think lots of Haglers punches did a lot of damage that wasnt visible (i know it may sound dumb) but Leonard did a good job not showing when he took a good punch
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #94
Synthetic Decay
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuRuPT View Post
How on God's Green Earth anybody could give the first 6 rounds to SRL is really beyond me. I'm mean seriously beyond me. I'm just glad the people that did aren't judges for professionals fights. Round 2 and 3 can easily be scored for hagler.. Round 5 in a no brainer for me and giving that to Hagler. Somebody please explain how the F you gave that round to Leonard? Anyways, I have scored for hagler and felt he should've won. SRL didn't do enough to convince me he deserved to take the title away from Hagler.

Ring craft, elusiveness, counters and leads. Marv was just plodding forward, winging punches for the first half of the fight, during five he started getting sharper.
Synthetic Decay is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #95
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

close fight but Hagler got out hustled with end of round flurries,shoeshine flurries....Dundee and SRL had a plan and stuck to it....I thought Marvin did enough to win but did not live up to expectations...meat and potatoes vs smoke and mirrors
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #96
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

Smoke and mirrors.Jesus christ.
lora is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #97
Synthetic Decay
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Smoke and mirrors = making your opponent plod towards you missing punches while you evade and counter.

Marv ****ed himself in this fight, strange tactics and mixed with the prefight talk, he dug a hole. Given the fact that Leonard was a career welter, credit to him even if Marv did manage to edge it. I don't remember Marv fighting many light heavies.
Synthetic Decay is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #98
KuRuPT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

To act like there were no smoke and mirrors going on in that that fight isn't being genuine. There most certainly was. That was the totality of Ray's work or even most of it.. but there was certainly plenty of that going on none the less. I guess the same people that think there wasn't.. are the same people who gave the frist 6 rounds to SRL...
KuRuPT is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #99
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

He fought a safety-first fight by his standards and in spurts by his standards, there's no doubt about that.He obviously no longer had the stamina and overall physical ability he once had.

But the whole "tricked the judges" "30 second flurries" "played to the crowd while Hagler did the effective work" rhetoric that has floated around this for so long are tiresome and ridiculously overplayed.

Smoke and mirrors? I'm not even sure i understand what that means related to something in-ring He was punching Hagler in the face!

If anything as unforgiven said, it was that one scorecard that was deceitful.If the fix was in and Leonard was complicit i doubt we'll ever know.
lora is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #100
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post
Watched most of this fight yesterday after seeing the thread, I think it comes down to what you like

In most of the early rounds no matter what you lean toward in judging its obvious Leonard should be out front after 6

Then Hagler begins to get going and from there I think its preference

I think Hagler is BS'ing us when he said he never felt Ray's punches a few sneaky ones definitely stopped him in his tracks or backed him off

I also think lots of Haglers punches did a lot of damage that wasnt visible (i know it may sound dumb) but Leonard did a good job not showing when he took a good punch
I agree..Out in front after 6 minus 1 round.
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #101
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lora View Post
He fought a safety-first fight by his standards and in spurts by his standards, there's no doubt about that.He obviously no longer had the stamina and overall physical ability he once had.

But the whole "tricked the judges" "30 second flurries" "played to the crowd while Hagler did the effective work" rhetoric that has floated around this for so long are tiresome and ridiculously overplayed.

Smoke and mirrors? I'm not even sure i understand what that means related to something in-ring He was punching Hagler in the face!

If anything as unforgiven said, it was that one scorecard that was deceitful.If the fix was in and Leonard was complicit i doubt we'll ever know.
Yes but Haglar did nothing to stop those fluries.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #102
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic Decay View Post
Smoke and mirrors = making your opponent plod towards you missing punches while you evade and counter.

Marv ****ed himself in this fight, strange tactics and mixed with the prefight talk, he dug a hole. Given the fact that Leonard was a career welter, credit to him even if Marv did manage to edge it. I don't remember Marv fighting many light heavies.

Good point S!..
Old 01-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #103
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Nowhere close to a robbery.

I had Leonard winning it 7-5 and the first time I watched it I had it a draw.

This is the greatest comeback in boxing history. Cementing Leonards status as one of the greatest to ever lace them up.
Ive been waiting for someone to recognize the great comeback..And at MW no doubt.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #104
KuRuPT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
Yes but Haglar did nothing to stop those fluries.
You act like these flurries ACTUALLY landed the majority of the punches or ACTUALLY did something to hagler.. Neither of which is true. Most of the time they were blocked or didn't land. Sure, some got in there, but most didn't land. But to the crowd.. they got all excited and started screaming about a lot of stuff that didn't land. Point is, why do you need to stop, or more importantly, why are these flurries that didn't land much weighed so heavily. That is the bone of contention here imo.
KuRuPT is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #105
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuRuPT View Post
You act like these flurries ACTUALLY landed the majority of the punches or ACTUALLY did something to hagler.. Neither of which is true. Most of the time they were blocked or didn't land. Sure, some got in there, but most didn't land. But to the crowd.. they got all excited and started screaming about a lot of stuff that didn't land. Point is, why do you need to stop, or more importantly, why are these flurries that didn't land much weighed so heavily. That is the bone of contention here imo.

Why!?...Because Leonard won the fight...thats what the judges saw rather you like it or not...

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum