Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #181
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Chad Dawson is making a big mistake...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince. View Post
Snr calling Chad 'retarded' isn't very nice at all. Making fun of others in that way is very bad. Does Chad have a good realtionship with his parents?
I agree it's a very inappropriate use of the word,but I do find big Floyd's comment,"My boy ain't got no retardation in him" funny,but only because it's a contradiction in terms when you look at the grammar.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #182
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Scully you should drop in more often and drop some technical knowledge on our discussions! We occasionally have some good ones. Though I'm sure you've got better things to do.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #183
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Re-read the thread again. I side with Scully but think Chad doesn't do these things on deliberate. I found that bit interesting where Scully was saying Chad would do his own work with his mitt guy and work on pre-determined combination punching. I often saw in the fight that he was waiting for a perfect moment and not letting his hands go.

Now one could argue, this is being too patient and or his brain switches off when he doesn't know how to counter what's being thrown at him by Andre. Was he even listening to the instructions that were being yelled from his corner as the fight went on? I liked that Scully told him straight that you gotta knock Andre out in like round 9? It's funny cos now Khan is being taught the exact opposite... not to throw in excesss... not to waste shots... and be more patient and let the fight come to you lol. Guess you have to find a balance.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #184
IceJohnScully
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:

His S&C coach said he made weight perfectly. He should be fighting in May I think against Pascal. Pascal's last fight was interesting... one handed warrior lol.
Well, OF COURSE he said that because to say otherwise would point to HIM not doing his job...I'm fed up with it all, LETS HIM AND I GO ON A TV TALK show and compare notes live in front of the world...I would do it no problem but I GUARANTEE he wouldnt. Made weight perfectly? The night before the weigh in he was SEVEN pounds over the weight, ran on the treadmill for 50 minutes, sat in the sauna (I sat with him) for 25 minutes and consumed NOTHING but the juice from a grapefruit over 36 hours...If that is considered making weight with no trouble then, yea, I guess u could say he did.
IceJohnScully is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #185
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceJohnScully View Post
Well, OF COURSE he said that because to say otherwise would point to HIM not doing his job...I'm fed up with it all, LETS HIM AND I GO ON A TV TALK show and compare notes live in front of the world...I would do it no problem but I GUARANTEE he wouldnt. Made weight perfectly? The night before the weigh in he was SEVEN pounds over the weight, ran on the treadmill for 50 minutes, sat in the sauna (I sat with him) for 25 minutes and consumed NOTHING but the juice from a grapefruit over 36 hours...If that is considered making weight with no trouble then, yea, I guess u could say he did.
You should have a listen to this John;

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I gave up after 3 minutes but I'd like to know what you think.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #186
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

'we didn't miss meals' (why is he lying). He just had the juice of a grapefruit! Why lie. He likes not to put the blame on himself lol.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #187
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
One has to wonder what triggered this type of behaviour? Was he always like this? Even when coming up the ranks? I wonder how Chad would react if a fan(s) tried to explain the concerns we have for him? Then again maybe he's a totally different person when you see him during camp and a different person when he's with his family?
He's a grown man. This is simply his way. To address your previous post, the fans owe Chad very little because he's never shown the heart of a lion in the ring. It's always been about one thing: putting up just enough to get the W. I've watched him since his first days on ESPN2 and that is just Chad Dawson. He's an extremely talented guy but he shows no love of his craft, or care for what fans he may still have.
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #188
IceJohnScully
Contender
ESB Senior Member

the strength coach is a LIAR...or he simply doesnt have any idea whatsoever what his methods did to the fight mentally and physically...for him to in any way try and have people believe Chad didnt suffer terribly to make that weight is a CRIME and should punishable by prison time man!! LOL...Look, Chad tried to throw me under the bus and he severed our friednship with a clean swoop and I'm very fine with that, it is what it is, but I cant sit here and let this strength coach try and paint any picture but the REAL picture...EVERY WORD IVE SAID HERE HAS BEEN THE TRUTH 1000 PCT and I stand up in a court of law and say it exactly as I said it here. For him to say Chad made the weight without much trouble is CRIMINAL...this man should NOT be in charge of helping someone make weight for a fight...he really seemed to think his methods were going to make Chad much stronger and energetic and I knew from the first minute that it was complete nonsense...I honestly feel that these strength and conditioning coaches/ nutritionist need to a have a real BOXING background when they deal with fighters...and this guy is a perfect example of why...again, to have a fighter weigh 182 on July 7 and then go to 184 on August 13 and then only down to 175 on September 6, the night before the weigh-in, after the level of training the fighter did over those nine weeks, in INSANELY STUPID...the fight was lost in the gym...

Last edited by IceJohnScully; 02-24-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #189
IceJohnScully
Contender
ESB Senior Member

PS: If anyone in the world reading this isnt sure what to make of it, take the info Ive given and show it to a solid and respectable nutritionist and ask him what he thinks..IM SURE they are going to agree with me...
Old 02-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #190
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Anyone with half a brain and follows boxing knew there was something wrong with Chad physically against Ward. You don't go from beating to Hopkins to the way he showed up against Ward without something being amiss.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #191
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

This just goes to show the world how overrated strength and conditioning coaches are !
Imperial1 is online now  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #192
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 606

Chad Dawson changes trainers like Larry King changes wives.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #193
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceJohnScully View Post
the strength coach is a LIAR...or he simply doesnt have any idea whatsoever what his methods did to the fight mentally and physically...for him to in any way try and have people believe Chad didnt suffer terribly to make that weight is a CRIME and should punishable by prison time man!! LOL...Look, Chad tried to throw me under the bus and he severed our friednship with a clean swoop and I'm very fine with that, it is what it is, but I cant sit here and let this strength coach try and paint any picture but the REAL picture...EVERY WORD IVE SAID HERE HAS BEEN THE TRUTH 1000 PCT and I stand up in a court of law and say it exactly as I said it here. For him to say Chad made the weight without much trouble is CRIMINAL...this man should NOT be in charge of helping someone make weight for a fight...he really seemed to think his methods were going to make Chad much stronger and energetic and I knew from the first minute that it was complete nonsense...I honestly feel that these strength and conditioning coaches/ nutritionist need to a have a real BOXING background when they deal with fighters...and this guy is a perfect example of why...agauin, to have a fighter weigh 182 on July 7 and then go to 184 on August 13 and then only down to 175 on September 6, the night before the weigh-in, after the level of training the fighter did over those nine weeks, in INSANELY STUPID...the fight was lost in the gym...
I didn't even get to the end of the YT interview John.
Did you watch it or have you been hearing this bullshit regularly?
I'd love that guy to come onto this thread and see how he gets on.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #194
IceJohnScully
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Nah, I didnt make it to the end...but, the way I see it, the proof is in the pudding...ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN can see Chad was weak from weight loss and if he is to dispute it just further crushes his credibility. He wanted to save himself by deferring but the fact is that he didnt count on me keeping track of every little detail...
Old 02-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #195
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

No matter what the S+C coach says, Dawson's performance tells the opposite. He might say that Scully is just blaming him, but the fact is, we can all watch that fight and see a fighter who wasn't merely outclassed, but one who was severely weight drained. Anyone who knows a thing about boxing will see the signs that Dawson wasn't fit to be in the ring that night, and the S+C coach has to take the blame for that. If he was fully fit and prepared, maybe Dawson would have won, but the weight draining is directly responsible for it being such a one sided fight.

The sad thing is, this isn't just a petty argument with one guy trying to pass off the blame. If people listen to the S+C coach, this directly affects Scully's ability to make money. If a fighter is looking for a new trainer and he's only heard the S+C coaches side of the argument, I'm sure he'll think Scully was the reason behind Dawson's loss, which isn't true at all. These claims by the coach aren't just insulting, they are damaging.

He should have the balls to admit that he was wrong. He's probably not even at fault himself either, because even with a genius controlling Dawson's weight, he'd never be a fit 168lber. However, to pin the blame on Scully isn't fair at all. Just be honest about what went wrong.
Jack is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum