Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Who's next for Gavin?

Who is his mandatory? Gavin vs Denton would be a *******!
Nipple is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
CamR21
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 736
Default Re: Who's next for Gavin?

Vassell would be a great fight and a really tough one IMO. Can't see it happening in all honesty and we will probably see him in with another nohoper
CamR21 is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
pijo
Feed the Pope
ESB Addict

vCash: 106

Some alright fights IF they can be made. Vassell, Purdy, M.Hatton. I know some have fights coming up soon but they could be made this year. Rick Godding would be a decent test for his next fight. Don't think he has a fight lined up.
pijo is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
Box4life
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Vassell is a good fight. Big step in the right direction if he comes thru that fight. It would be a shame if that fight didn't happen!
Box4life is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

Hatton is made for Gavin, but the Purdy fight would be very interesting.
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #6
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 880

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijo View Post
Some alright fights IF they can be made. Vassell, Purdy, M.Hatton. I know some have fights coming up soon but they could be made this year. Rick Godding would be a decent test for his next fight. Don't think he has a fight lined up.
Any of these would be great. Purdy has the Carson Jones fight lined up in March I think but the other fights shouldn't be too hard to make.
qwert is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Vassell, Hatton, O'Donnell, Haughian or Purdy next would make a good second defence then push for Euro honours, I wouldnt bother trying to keep the belt outright.
moorser is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
boxzone
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Vassell for British and commonwealth would be a great fight tbh with you but let's see what happens any of the above would be step in right direction got a feeling it will be heffron tbh
boxzone is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
fortysixando
Contender
ESB Senior Member

got a feeling frank wont want frankie in with denton especially after the way he smashed heffron
fortysixando is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #10
boxzone
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortysixando View Post
got a feeling frank wont want frankie in with denton especially after the way he smashed heffron
But Gavin is not Ronnie Heffron he is slick and a better boxer. Heffron can be crude and he defiantly was in the Vasell fight and was totally out of his depth.
boxzone is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #11
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortysixando View Post
Don't see why the Heffron fight would give Frank any pause. Totally different styles and a dreadful stoppage to boot. Vassell hardly "smashed" him.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #12
Boxing Gloves
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

A good test is what Frankie needs now, Vassell would be a good test, the likes of Hatton would be made for him but it's a fight I would also like to see. But ultimately he needs to be pushed and given a tough test, his level of opposition hasnt been inspiring so far and he has had a mixture of good and bad performances so I'd like to see a good measuring test to see how far he can potentially go. I feel he could go all the way, or atleast I did, not totally convinced about his choice of fighting at Welterweight but he has a lot of classy tools hopefully he comes good.
Boxing Gloves is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #13
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Gloves View Post
A good test is what Frankie needs now, Vassell would be a good test, the likes of Hatton would be made for him but it's a fight I would also like to see. But ultimately he needs to be pushed and given a tough test, his level of opposition hasnt been inspiring so far and he has had a mixture of good and bad performances so I'd like to see a good measuring test to see how far he can potentially go. I feel he could go all the way, or atleast I did, not totally convinced about his choice of fighting at Welterweight but he has a lot of classy tools hopefully he comes good.

I think he looks like a fringe world-level guy right now. He sometimes lacks intensity.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #14
Paullow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

How about fighting 'the best Welterweight in the country right now, bar none'?
Paullow is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #15
boxzone
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

This is a tough decision cause if he wants to win the Lonsdale out right he won't get a fight with the likes of Matthew Hatton, Purdy as they have ambitions at the moment with pushing up the ladder.

Denton Vassell - This is defiantly the fight we all want to see for both British and Commonwealth titles. This would be a quality clash which could be 50/50 plus style wish this would make for a fantastic clash for both fighters.

Ronnie Heffron - I hope this fight aint made but I have a sneaky feeling this will be the fight made for April/May time. Especially with the bite both fighters have had with eachother.

Leonard Bundu - The European championship while keeping his British in April he could go for this belt. Bundu has a good record but Gavin's skill easily beats the Italian.

Ashley Theopane - I think Theopane would be up with this and it would be a good fight for both the fighters if im honest.

Rick Godding - also a name
boxzone is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum