Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #46
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: What does the future hold for Adrien Broner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffmybadger View Post
I'm pug!
No, I'M PUG!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #47
TonyD407
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

gets caught in fishnets in a whore-house

.... oscar style
TonyD407 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #48
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

can't we all just get along?
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #49
PEG
Possibly DFTaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffmybadger View Post
I'm pug!
I'm PEG.
PEG is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #50
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Koki_Kameda
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #51
PEG
Possibly DFTaylor

So if PIGG was PUG, and PUG was DFTaylor, was DFTaylor PIGG?

I'm PEG.
PEG is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #52
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

God help you Dai. I saw you commenting earlier on Sly Sports website following the Chelsea vs. Arsenal game in the comment section. I hope God can show you the light soon before its to late. Your on the path of self destruction. Its funny, but it is also very very sad to see a human being become like this. Just look at this thread. And they do say, laughter is the closest thing to tears. And one day you will be in tears, wishing you never done what you did. I feel sorry for you, but yet I understand you and why you do what you do. I know you get fame and attention, and I know you make some paper doing it, but please understand, if you can, karma is a very real natural mystic, what goes around, comes around, and while it might not be exactly the same thing done onto you, it maybe different and ten times worse, and as usual with these careless and reckless selfish "I'm doing nothing wrong" people that dont want to take account for their own actions, they always end up asking, why me? What have I done? When the shit lands on you.

Believe me sunshine, I've seen it and I've been through it, karma aint a joke, and it aint to be disrespected.

Be careful, brother.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #53
ɹoןʎɐʇɟp
ɔıʇɐuɐɟ 'ɹǝʇıɹʍ

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
God help you Dai. I saw you commenting earlier on Sly Sports website following the Chelsea vs. Arsenal game in the comment section. I hope God can show you the light soon before its to late. Your on the path of self destruction. Its funny, but it is also very very sad to see a human being become like this. Just look at this thread. And they do say, laughter is the closest thing to tears. And one day you will be in tears, wishing you never done what you did. I feel sorry for you, but yet I understand you and why you do what you do. I know you get fame and attention, and I know you make some paper doing it, but please understand, if you can, karma is a very real natural mystic, what goes around, comes around, and while it might not be exactly the same thing done onto you, it maybe different and ten times worse, and as usual with these careless and reckless selfish "I'm doing nothing wrong" people that dont want to take account for their own actions, they always end up asking, why me? What have I done? When the shit lands on you.

Believe me sunshine, I've seen it and I've been through it, karma aint a joke, and it aint to be disrespected.

Be careful, brother.
˙pɹɐʇsɐq buıɹoq noʎ ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ
ɹoןʎɐʇɟp is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #54
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ɹoןʎɐʇɟp View Post
˙pɹɐʇsɐq buıɹoq noʎ ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ
That is priceless. He's even got my fondness for alliteration down!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #55
Cheesey1
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing one View Post
I'll give you your place craney.i don't think Broner is going up anytime soon, if he had no intention of fighting Burns, Vasquez or Abril why even fight Rees? Why not just move up, he's won his 2nd World Title at different weight class, so why hang around for just one fight?

My next point is, I actually believe he's very talented and happen to believe that most guys at 140 would struggle with his style. I'm starting to think he's better in the pocket than a smooth boxer at range, and his sharp, fast, accurate punches with good defense would cause havoc to Garcia and Rios in particular. Just my opinion though. Provided Khan can stay away from those hard counters, I think he is Broner's toughest test at 140 and most would laugh at that but styles and all that.

However, answer me something and I put this to anybody willing to answer the question. If Ricky Burns' footwork, jab, underrated speed, and straight punches can't defeat Vasquez as some believe. What makes Broner, technically, so different that he would beat Vasquez as most believe.

I happen to think Ricky has better/quicker feet and better jab. Both Burns and Broner pick their shots at range, Broner punch output can be average if kept at distance IMO because he's more comfortable letting his hands go at closer quarters. Would his punch output be enough to beat Vasquez or could he get close enough, often enough to let his combinations go? That wide stance at low punch output is there to be exposed by a certain style.

DeMarco made a mistake of sitting in the pocket and allowed Broner to tee off. Ponce De Leon threw combos then moved back out, Broner either failed to counter or went for one left hook counter. Either keeping him at distance or getting in and out can beat this man. Be over aggressive against him, he'll counter hard and fast constantly.

I still believe Burns/Vasquez give him problems, arguably more than he'll get from a packed but very much one dimensional 140 division. And I happen to think Burns gives a couple of the 140 division top guys some problems.

I've now watched 3-4 full Vasquez fights, I fancy Ricky strongly. Not an easy night, but a deserved winner at the end. And then hopefully we get Burns-Rees
Agreed, I think he stays at 135 for a few more bouts, as he should. As they say, 'clean out the division.'
Cheesey1 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #56
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesey1 View Post
Agreed, I think he stays at 135 for a few more bouts, as he should. As they say, 'clean out the division.'
I doubt it myself, even if he wanted to, money team run the sport of bahxing, and he will do what he is told, like a good boy. Money team know the real big fights are at Welter not Lightweight. Besides, Broner looks like he has to force himself every time to even make weight, those shoulders are not supposed to be at this weight. He is huge for the weight. The longer he stays at the weight, the more chance he has got of losing IMO. If he is to ever lose, it will be at this weight. Because he is obviously struggling, and he struggled in the last division.

Draining yourself to make weight, is never good, fights ARE won and lost on the scales. Weight draining is serious business, just ask Bad Chad or Oscar. Its a game of huge risk.

Arum, Roach and Pacquiao were masters of the craft. Some of those fights were already won well before they even got in the ring. And they knew it. When you back the weight draining up with super juice, your opponent aint got a hope in hell. They are half KO'd before stepping through the ropes.

They look like:
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #57
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

If Ricky and/or Vasquez don't accept a vast minority share for a big Summer fight,Broner will be off to 140,where let's face it,there are names that the execs at HBO will find much more palatable.
And despite my disdain for a minority of his fans with their inability to engage in any sort of balanced discussion,I think the lad will be an absolute star at 140.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #58
almsn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yep I think maybe the Burns Vazquez winner , hopefully .
almsn is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #59
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I said it before, I'll repeat it again. Adrien Broner is the heir to the Floyd Mayweather throne. The next HBO king. The money team love child, the golden boy, the baby face, the next big thing. Ellie Seckbach's next arse to lick.

Because y'all be hatin', but payin'!

Ellie Seckbach REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPORTING
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #60
R. Dean Taylor

There's a ghost in my house.
R. Dean Taylor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum