Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #61
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit
vCash: 500
Default Re: Yet another Highway Robbery!

As I've noted before,some corrupt judges and boxing fans simply don't take body punches into consideration.And when they see a fighter recover from the shellacking that Martinez took in the sixth(I believe it was),they start giving him more credit than he actually deserves.

The decision stunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymickey View Post
I don't think Martinez won a single round from what I saw to be honest. Had it a shut out for Burgos. Sick robbery.

Burgos was very passive in the eighth round,so I gave that one to Martinez.Besides that,it was a clear-cut,comprehensive victory for Burgos against an aggressive,but ineffective Martinez.
Goyourownway is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #62
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Burgos was even beating Martinez at his own game on the inside.

What a disgusting robbery.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #63
hellsbells
nihil sub sole novum

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
I am okay with the decision. Burgos started strong but then started running like a bitch. Martinez was the aggressor. Reward warriors, not cowards. Love to see the sport keeps encouraging real fighters.

You are Michael Collins and I claim my 5.
hellsbells is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #64
I1T2BOX
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post

I know NY is not a PR zone only, but Mexicans are clearly outnumbered there just as Boricuas are outnumbered in LA. Since we had plenty of Boricuas in the undercard fights, i figured there would be a majority PR crowd. I guess I stand corrected.

Either way my friend, you really should watch the Martinez vs Burgos again. Martinez was taking serious body shots, getting out boxed, and out landed even while being the aggressor.
I rewatched the fight and the bodywork was a major factor, although the nuthuggery from everyone on HBO was shameful. They were giving Burgos credit even while Martinez landed punches.
I1T2BOX is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 12:51 AM   #65
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by I1T2BOX View Post
I rewatched the fight and the bodywork was a major factor, although the nuthuggery from everyone on HBO was shameful. They were giving Burgos credit even while Martinez landed punches.

We all know HBO are a bunch of dickriding fags, but you did NOT have to listen to their commentary to see Burgos outland, and land the harder shots, and outbox Rocky from the outside AND on the inside, man.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #66
I1T2BOX
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
We all know HBO are a bunch of dickriding fags, but you did NOT have to listen to their commentary to see Burgos outland, and land the harder shots, and outbox Rocky from the outside AND on the inside, man.
I know that man, but you have to take into consideration that most here get swayed by the commentary. All 3 judges saw different fights too...its a ****ed up situation that can only be fixed with a rematch.
I1T2BOX is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #67
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
I know that man, but you have to take into consideration that most here get swayed by the commentary. All 3 judges saw different fights too...its a ****ed up situation that can only be fixed with a rematch.
Judges nowadays are a ****ing joke, but unfortunatly its their scorecards that count.

Which means this injustice will keep on happening.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #68
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Burgos was robbed as I expected.......................boxing is crooked!
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #69
porprock

I'm not saying Rocky deserved to win, but coming from an agressive fighter loving judge, it could happen. From where I was sitting, about 10 feet from my tv, I saw Burgos countering Rocky all night, with those sick body hooks that had Rocky afraid to come in towards 9-11th rounds. Burgos just didn't have the power to put Rocky down and he knew it. Needless to say he outboxed him to an easy 116-112. Judges were in Bobs pocket for certain, but thats boxing. Thats why I like fighters like GGG, Broner, Rios, Garcia, etc. they don't let it go to the scorecards. If I think about it, I don't want any fight going to the cards unless there is a more than few knockdowns throughout the fight.
porprock is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #70
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
HBO crew is a bunch of nuthuggers without a doubt. But I wasn't swayed by them, it was Buros bodywork and effective boxing that convinced me.

Honestly I1T2BOX, after seeing the fight again and getting a better look at those body shots, do you still feel the right decision was given?
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #71
RingKing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

There is no way, no how that Rocky Martinez won that fight. None. When I saw that one of the judges was the idiot who gave Casamayor the win versus Santa Cruz, I told everyone in the room that Burgos was going to get robbed. They asked me how I knew, and I responded by saying that I had seen that particular fight and that Santa Cruz had won it. I then asked them who they thought had won the fight, and ALL said that Burgos won that fight. I asked them why they thought so and ALL responded that Martinez was getting hit a lot and he wasn't really hitting Burgos too often. Mind you, these are casual boxing fans and didn't know who was who.
RingKing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum