Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Did Garcia Look For An Easy Way Out?
Yes 21 30.88%
No 47 69.12%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #16
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Do U Think Garcia Quitting The Fight Was A B--ch Move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
When did Robert say that? I just rewatched it and didn't catch that... I heard him confirm it was a headbutt, but nothing about he has a broken nose and can't continue. The ref right before the replay said "we're going to the scorecards, accidental headbutt he cannot continue right?" Asking and pointing to the doctors, not Robert.
watch from the moment that last round ends he turns and looks directly at the ref after noticing the broken nose.
unless your in another country and have a different broadcast but it was crystal clear on HBO you could hear the whole thing
The ref after hearing that called the Dr and had them take a look and Garcia and the ref confirmed with the Dr
Bazooka is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #17
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withwhatsmine View Post
True ,I've watched it twice bout to watch the replay
Please do and tell me when that happened, I missed it..
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #18
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
watch from the moment that last round ends he turns and looks directly at the ref after noticing the broken nose.
unless your in another country and have a different broadcast but it was crystal clear on HBO you could hear the whole thing
The ref after hearing that called the Dr and had them take a look and Garcia and the ref confirmed with the Dr
Ah, I was watching from the start of the next round.. Let me go back to the end of the previous round.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #19
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ah, I was watching from the start of the next round.. Let me go back to the end of the previous round.
Start from the headbutt on... listen closely you will see what I am saying
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #20
Withwhatsmine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Please do and tell me when that happened, I missed it..
Cause you agree it was all said just that you think the ref said it not Robert?, they are about to show it in a couple minutes. I remember thinking geez it's like they work for them.
Withwhatsmine is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #21
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 302

I think he did look for an easy way out... but I'm not sure the headbutt was an accident.
Mamerto is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #22
RightCross
Grandmaster of Boxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 915

the nose was caused by an illegal butt
salido was being dominated
The ref waved it off on determination by the doctor

No controversy here.
RightCross is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #23
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Ok I still don't hear Robert saying he can't continue, but I did see as soon as Mikey got to the corner Robert sees the nose and says it's broken from the headbutt, looking back towards the ref immediately. Then they go to Salido's corner, and when the round starts Mikey's corner is still on the apron with the doctors waiting on the ref.

With all that said, I do believe Robert pulled the doctor to the side after seeing the nose asking if it should be stopped. I didn't hear anything from Mikey saying he wanted it stopped, more like his brother looking out for him knowing they were winning.

I also remember in the corner right before the 7th round Robert saying something about not waiting too long because Salido could get him to the ropes and could be dirty or a headbutt. Robert probably thought it was somewhat intentional, and didn't want a headbutt to change the outcome of the fight.

I still won't call it a bitch move, or him quitting. I don't see anything indicating Mikey had anything to do with the stoppage, he seemed quiet for the most part throughout it all. Seemed more like a brother/trainer protecting his fighter from a foul possibly taking away his win.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #24
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCross View Post
the nose was caused by an illegal butt
salido was being dominated
The ref waved it off on determination by the doctor

No controversy here.
The corner asked if the ref ruled that a headbutt, once the ref confirmed the corner said he cant continue he has a broken nose cant breathe the ref looked to the Dr to get their opinion, Robert re affirmed with the Dr he cant breathe and the Dr then said to stop it.

This was a case of the corner manipulating the system sure he was ahead sure he knocked him down four times but the Garcia family knows this sport and knows what they saw Mikey going through the last two rounds.

They knew they could take advantage of the foul which I dont think was accidental, to get out of the fight and nab the title.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #25
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withwhatsmine View Post
Cause you agree it was all said just that you think the ref said it not Robert?, they are about to show it in a couple minutes. I remember thinking geez it's like they work for them.
I agree it was said that it was a headbutt and he can't continue, I just didn't hear Robert say it. I heard it come from the ref, who seemed to be confirming it with the doctor. I can't say Robert didn't say it before in the corner, he just didn't say it on camera that I saw.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #26
mpd374

vCash: 500

And to gyll. I know you, along with what appears to be the majority of viewers, see that headbutt as unintentional, I see it as completely different. Intentional and illegal.
mpd374 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #27
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict

vCash: 684

Personally I felt that the headbutt was intentional. Salido was getting frustrated that he couldn't get Garcia to engage in the inside. Garcia didn't quit, so lets stop hating. You think his corner was gonna send him out with a ****ing broken nose? Man even gave Salido the benefit of the doubt, and offered him a rematch. Conclusion = Mikey still a G.
Kampioni is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #28
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ok I still don't hear Robert saying he can't continue, but I did see as soon as Mikey got to the corner Robert sees the nose and says it's broken from the headbutt, looking back towards the ref immediately. Then they go to Salido's corner, and when the round starts Mikey's corner is still on the apron with the doctors waiting on the ref.

With all that said, I do believe Robert pulled the doctor to the side after seeing the nose asking if it should be stopped. I didn't hear anything from Mikey saying he wanted it stopped, more like his brother looking out for him knowing they were winning.

I also remember in the corner right before the 7th round Robert saying something about not waiting too long because Salido could get him to the ropes and could be dirty or a headbutt. Robert probably thought it was somewhat intentional, and didn't want a headbutt to change the outcome of the fight.

I still won't call it a bitch move, or him quitting. I don't see anything indicating Mikey had anything to do with the stoppage, he seemed quiet for the most part throughout it all. Seemed more like a brother/trainer protecting his fighter from a foul possibly taking away his win.
The moment I heard Robert ask if the ref ruled that a but I already knew what time it was, and no Mikey didnt quit the corner did, they didnt believe in mikey, though Mikey did say he should have continued whats that tell you? likely the nose though broken he believed he could have gotten through the rest of the fight, too bad his brother and father didnt want to find out
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #29
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

All you stop speculating upload the video and see what it says. Recod it with a smart phone off ur DVR
Doc is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #30
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
If the fight was competitive I might question Garcia's decision but I'm fine with what he did because: (1) He dominated basically every round (2) He is more than willing to give Salido a rematch
I was rooting for Garcia too but that was a bitch move. There will be no rematch, no matter what Mickey says, Arum has the last word.
str1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum