Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Did Garcia Look For An Easy Way Out?
Yes 21 30.88%
No 47 69.12%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #31
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Do U Think Garcia Quitting The Fight Was A B--ch Move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
I agree it was said that it was a headbutt and he can't continue, I just didn't hear Robert say it. I heard it come from the ref, who seemed to be confirming it with the doctor. I can't say Robert didn't say it before in the corner, he just didn't say it on camera that I saw.
You watch it on HBO?
Bazooka is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #32
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
If the fight was competitive I might question Garcia's decision but I'm fine with what he did because: (1) He dominated basically every round (2) He is more than willing to give Salido a rematch
end thread
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #33
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
The moment I heard Robert ask if the ref ruled that a but I already knew what time it was, and no Mikey didnt quit the corner did, they didnt believe in mikey, though Mikey did say he should have continued whats that tell you? likely the nose though broken he believed he could have gotten through the rest of the fight, too bad his brother and father didnt want to find out
That I can agree with. I can't put it on Mikey though. His corner seemed concerned about dirty fighting before the 7th round then it happened a round or two later. Whether they didn't believe Mikey could pull through that and win, or they just didn't want to give Salido any chance after the foul the corner definitely didn't seem to want the fight to continue.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #34
RightCross
Grandmaster of Boxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 915

Quote:
The corner asked if the ref ruled that a headbutt, once the ref confirmed the corner said he cant continue he has a broken nose cant breathe the ref looked to the Dr to get their opinion, Robert re affirmed with the Dr he cant breathe and the Dr then said to stop it.

This was a case of the corner manipulating the system sure he was ahead sure he knocked him down four times but the Garcia family knows this sport and knows what they saw Mikey going through the last two rounds.

They knew they could take advantage of the foul which I dont think was accidental, to get out of the fight and nab the title.
Even if you are right (I didnt see any of that) it doesnt change the sequence of events.

He was fouled
He was easily winning
The ref stopped the fight on suggestion of the dr.

If thr dr got manipulated some by the corner that is ON HIM. I would go as far to say that if that was the case it was good corner work.
RightCross is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #35
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You watch it on HBO?
Yeah HBO. I pretty much heard and saw everything you all said from Robert except the phrase "he cannot continue". You can tell from everything else that's what he was getting at if possible, I just didn't hear those words.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #36
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
That I can agree with. I can't put it on Mikey though. His corner seemed concerned about dirty fighting before the 7th round then it happened a round or two later. Whether they didn't believe Mikey could pull through that and win, or they just didn't want to give Salido any chance after the foul the corner definitely didn't seem to want the fight to continue.
Not only the rough house tactics Garcia was getting tired he was fading his work rate dropped off drastically and he was on that bike back pedaling like never before.... it wasnt that they didnt want to see him in a dirty fight, it was that they knew he was fading and this guy was still coming after him the broken nose would have made it harder for Mikey as the fight moved on... and that could have very well made room for Salido to come in and once again steal the show
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #37
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yeah HBO. I pretty much heard and saw everything you all said from Robert except the phrase "he cannot continue". You can tell from everything else that's what he was getting at if possible, I just didn't hear those words.
You may be mistaking Roberts voice for the refs but it was clearly robert once it goes up on Youtube we will take another look its smart what they did no doubt its the smart thing to do, but in terms of is this a fan friendly way to win a fight no its not... no matter if you were dominating or not
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #38
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Not only the rough house tactics Garcia was getting tired he was fading his work rate dropped off drastically and he was on that bike back pedaling like never before.... it wasnt that they didnt want to see him in a dirty fight, it was that they knew he was fading and this guy was still coming after him the broken nose would have made it harder for Mikey as the fight moved on... and that could have very well made room for Salido to come in and once again steal the show
Salido did seem to be doing better in the last couple rounds and I think the 'accidental' headbutt was to slow Mikey down some more and give him a slight chance to come back and win.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #39
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
So let me get this right its only okay to quit if your ahead on the cards am I hearing this right?
I guess so. If the fight was close or if Garcia and hus corner thought GE was behind on the cards they would've been yelling at the doctor that GE is fine. But since he was ahead they didn't give the doctor any reason to let the fight go. At the end of the round when Garcia goes to hus corner Mickey says "my nose is broke" and Robert says "that's was a headbutt right?" And quickly HBO jumps to Salido's corner. Its not right. That's not boxing. Sorry.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #40
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Mikey didn't quit... The Doctor stopped the bout. Mikey schooled Salido and got caught with an intentional Headbutt... Why should mikey have to finish the fight with a broken nose?
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #41
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Salido did seem to be doing better in the last couple rounds and I think the 'accidental' headbutt was to slow Mikey down some more and give him a slight chance to come back and win.
I aint calling that shit accidental that was intentional proof is in that slap right hook in which he pulled Mikeys head into his head nothing accidental about it but your right it was done to give him a better chance in the fight
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #42
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Quote:
He won every round. I can't honestly say I believe that headbutt was 100% accidental.. The doctors stopped the fight, I didn't see him asking for it to be stopped.

I can't blame him because of those three things.
Why was the doctor even looking at him? Robert Garcia was pushing for the stoppage that's why.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #43
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Why was the doctor even looking at him? Robert Garcia was pushing for the stoppage that's why.
Exactly there is or was no way the Dr could tell from where they were sitting that the nose was broken Robert brought that to their attention he sold the stoppage....
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #44
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
The key word being Robert not Mikey... Now stop moaning!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #45
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Everyone saying that they didn't hear Mickey say he can't continue.... you also didn't hear him say he could!!! Watch the Rosado fight when the ref asks if he is alright there us no doubt that Rosado wanted it to keep going.... Garcia? No so much. The ref even asks if he can continue and he puts his head down and mutters something so low you can't even hear it even though the doc you hear clear as day. When the doctor is looking at you and you are standing there like your dog just died you obvious are trying to get it stopped.
CASH_718 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum