Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Did Garcia Look For An Easy Way Out?
Yes 21 30.88%
No 47 69.12%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #46
Techniques
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Do U Think Garcia Quitting The Fight Was A B--ch Move?

He was beating the shit out of salido the entire fight, literally toying with him, and salido comes in with his head swinging like a punch, that was a bitch move by salido. Are you people seriously trying to come up with excuses for salido? hahahahahahaa.
Techniques is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #47
Techniques
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Salido wasnt going to do a damn thing, cant you people understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Not only the rough house tactics Garcia was getting tired he was fading his work rate dropped off drastically and he was on that bike back pedaling like never before.... it wasnt that they didnt want to see him in a dirty fight, it was that they knew he was fading and this guy was still coming after him the broken nose would have made it harder for Mikey as the fight moved on... and that could have very well made room for Salido to come in and once again steal the show
Techniques is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #48
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Everyone saying that they didn't hear Mickey say he can't continue.... you also didn't hear him say he could!!! Watch the Rosado fight when the ref asks if he is alright there us no doubt that Rosado wanted it to keep going.... Garcia? No so much. The ref even asks if he can continue and he puts his head down and mutters something so low you can't even hear it even though the doc you hear clear as day. When the doctor is looking at you and you are standing there like your dog just died you obvious are trying to get it stopped.
Pretty much sums it up, the last two rounds prove that Mikey was fading the tide was shifting and Robert along with his father did not want to risk it did not want to find out if Mikey had what it took to dig down deep and fight through that, and that says allot about that team, if they dont believe in their own fighter I think their fighter needs to look for a corner that does
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #49
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Why was the doctor even looking at him? Robert Garcia was pushing for the stoppage that's why.
Robert was, not Mikey.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #50
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techniques View Post
Salido wasnt going to do a damn thing, cant you people understand?
if Salido wasnt going to do anything then why didnt the fight go on? Just saying its obvious Garcias corner does not agree with you
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #51
Nonito Smoak
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1500

Anybody who ever gave Alexander hell better shut the **** up.

At least Alexander "quit" knowing he'd lose, whereas Garcia "quit" knowing that if he didn't that he would lose. Not my opinion, but consistency...

Garcia didn't quit himself. Golden Boy pulled the strings. It is what it is. A dominant 8 round, multiple KD performance over Salido.

I will say, if the fight continued though, his nose leads to him getting stopped.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #52
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
Robert was, not Mikey.
Did Mickey give the doc any reason to let the fight continue?
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #53
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Did Mickey give the doc any reason to let the fight continue?
No, but I don't believe he needed to. I'm not saying he did everything he could to continue, hell I don't think he did anything to try and keep the fight going.. But I also don't believe it's fair for him to have to fight through a broken nose from an intentional foul, when he was winning every round before.

I don't believe Salido would have won without the broken nose. I don't believe the broken nose was from an accidental foul, which would change the situation. I just can't justify an intentional foul changing the outcome of a fight, even if it means as a fan I'm robbed of seeing the ending play out. If I didn't feel it was intentional, it would be a different story.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #54
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

The question could also be asked about Salido's head butt, was it a bitch move out of frustration?

I believe that if the nose was broken due to a punch and Mikey had to continue fighting, otherwise take the loss. He would of continued and just played it safe with more clinching and defensive tactics to survive. He still would of won, even losing the last 4 rounds.

Salido should be upset with himself for his wreckless manner that caused the foul. Because now he gives the opponent, who is ahead on the cards, the option to go to the cards. You know what I mean?

I do hope a rematch is done to remove any doubts about Garcias victory.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #55
markq
Champion
East Side Guru

A quitter who was leading by ten points, had four knockdowns and said anytime Salido wants a rematch, come and get it? Pactardism is spreading beyond Pactards.
markq is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #56
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
No, but I don't believe he needed to. I'm not saying he did everything he could to continue, hell I don't think he did anything to try and keep the fight going.. But I also don't believe it's fair for him to have to fight through a broken nose from an intentional foul, when he was winning every round before.

I don't believe Salido would have won without the broken nose. I don't believe the broken nose was from an accidental foul, which would change the situation. I just can't justify an intentional foul changing the outcome of a fight, even if it means as a fan I'm robbed of seeing the ending play out. If I didn't feel it was intentional, it would be a different story.
Boxings not fair. Fighting with cuts, broken jaws/ noses, fighting with injuries/ pain/ sickness/ exhaustion is part of boxing and when Garcia has to face them I'm wouldn't bet on him fighting through them.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #57
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Boxings not fair. Fighting with cuts, broken jaws/ noses, fighting with injuries/ pain/ sickness/ exhaustion is part of boxing and when Garcia has to face them I'm wouldn't bet on him fighting through them.
I agree boxing isn't fair, and at times you may have to fight through those. I just don't agree you should have to when the foul is intentional and you've won every round for more than half the fight quite convincingly. I will reserve judgement on if he'll will through them until he's in a situation where he has to. He didn't have to this instance, because it wasn't caused by a legal punch.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #58
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit

The correct call was made.Salido was completely dominated throughout the fight(in spite of a more spirited effort in the last two rounds) and should not have been allowed to benefit from an injury that was caused illegally.
Goyourownway is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #59
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 1069

How do those of you who have an issue with Garcia quitting last night (The doctor stopped it) fell about Chavez Sr. quitting in his second fight witch Randall?
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #60
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
exactly Holyfield who had a chunk of ear bitten out didnt plea with the ref to stop the fight sure his corner did but Evander didnt and the fight continued sure we know mike bit his other ear but that isnt the point Holyfield with a chunk of flesh out of his ear in which the sweat obviously burns the piss out of it, showed exactly what a Champions heart is all about.

Mikey didnt even try, he didnt tell Robert look I got this give me a round lets see how it goes, instead he hung his head low and allowed his corner to coach the ref and Drs into stopping the fight to secure the win

Bottom line there is a right way to win and a wrong way to win and this was not the right way to win...
Bazooka is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum