Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #91
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by box4life11 View Post
I agree but i know he could beat sanders why he didn't is a mystery
He wouldnt have beat Sanders in a rematch no way, not even the sanders that Vitali beat.
Style wise Sanders was a huge south paw heavyweight with crazy speed and power Wlad would have gotten knocked out again.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #92
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
Wow, do you actually believe this non-sense??
Yes.
Did you see the fights ESP to Brewster dude was dominating look at wlads face when he got knocked down it wasn't the look of hurt it was the look of tired as ****
box4life11 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #93
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
He wouldnt have beat Sanders in a rematch no way, not even the sanders that Vitali beat.
Style wise Sanders was a huge south paw heavyweight with crazy speed and power Wlad would have gotten knocked out again.
I guess we'll never know.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #94
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Yes.
Did you see the fights ESP to Brewster dude was dominating look at wlads face when he got knocked down it wasn't the look of hurt it was the look of tired as ****
it was both, he was tired from a mix of Throwing too many shots early and allowing Brewster to get inside and rip hard shots to the rib cage, when he went down he was hurt, he was also tired but I just explained how he got tired, that was part of the plan, this way he couldnt get away from the shots that stopped him...
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #95
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
Yes.
Then blame Wlad for not properly training...Nobody forced him to punch himself out like that. Nobody forced him to slack on his conditioning...you cant sit back now and try to make excuses for him now...He's a pro athelete, he knows what it takes to get a Victory...Those excuses dont fly and its very sad to see fans actually trying to pass this off a legit excuse.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #96
Synthetic Decay
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
One was in 1997 and did you see the fight ?

The other was to lamon Brewster did you see that fight?

Yes there loses on paper that wlad was winning clearly at the time and all of a sudden ran out of gas so **** off hater

Stamina is a part of fighting. But...What happened was Brewster tanked Wlad's damage, landed a few of his own and took Wlad's legs. Pressure, it doesn't matter if you are down on the cards.
Synthetic Decay is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #97
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Yes.
Whaaaaaaaat?

So that doesn't count as a true loss?

So everyone throughout history who has lost because they're not in good enough shape to last the duration of a fight shouldn't have those losses counted on their record? Are we going to have to rewrite boxing history to differentiate between losses and true losses?

You make it sound like Wlad just collapsed in the middle of the ring for no reason. He ****ed up his strategy - he didn't pace himself and he lost because of it.

What about pressure fighters who pressure their opponent until they become more and more tired and then finish them off? Should these fighters not get 'true wins' because their opponent was fatigued?

What the actual ****.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #98
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
it was both, he was tired from a mix of Throwing too many shots early and allowing Brewster to get inside and rip hard shots to the rib cage, when he went down he was hurt, he was also tired but I just explained how he got tired, that was part of the plan, this way he couldnt get away from the shots that stopped him...
I think it was solely on throwing to many damn punches Brewster didn't land much until the very end IMO.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #99
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Whaaaaaaaat?

So that doesn't count as a true loss?

So everyone throughout history who has lost because they're not in good enough shape to last the duration of a fight shouldn't have those losses counted on their record? Are we going to have to rewrite boxing history to differentiate between losses and true losses?

You make it sound like Wlad just collapsed I'm the middle of the ring for no reason. He ****ed up his strategy - he didn't pace himself and he lost because of it.

What about pressure fighters who pressure their opponent until they become more and more tired and then finish them off? Should these fighters not get 'true wins' because their opponent was fatigued?

What the actual ****. These kind of excuses cannot be made by a real boxing fan.

The Ross fight was 16 years ago and from my memory he did throw his self out and he was dominating at the time samething with the Brewster fight.

To prove it was a fluke Brewster really didnt even land a punch in the rematch.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #100
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Well thy doesn't really address anything I raised in my post.

So do you believe that all boxers should have distinct 'losses' and 'true losses'?

Or just Wlad?
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #101
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:

So do you believe that all boxers should have distinct 'losses' and 'true losses'?

Or just Wlad?
Just Wlad ofcourse, **** the rest.

dyna is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #102
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:

Or just Wlad?
Well, if thats the case...I have Lennox Lewis undefeated...those two losses doesnt really count because he wasnt himself!

You're a hater if you dont agree with me!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #103
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

So after 100 posts the consensus is no and some of us are now slightly confused on when a loss is a proper loss
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #104
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Then blame Wlad for not properly training...Nobody forced him to punch himself out like that. Nobody forced him to slack on his conditioning...you cant sit back now and try to make excuses for him now...He's a pro athelete, he knows what it takes to get a Victory...Those excuses dont fly and its very sad to see fans actually trying to pass this off a legit excuse.
Listen I know he lost but it wasn't because of no damn Ross purity skills or lamons it was wlads fault solely.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #105
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well, if thats the case...I have Lennox Lewis undefeated...those two losses doesnt really count because he wasnt himself!

You're a hater if you dont agree with me!
Lewis was hit on the chin though big difference.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum