Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #166
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 275
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
This is where I lose interest, because you are now writing that YOU KNEW WHAT Froch was thinking

froch also didnt give a deadline. When you make up rubbish, I know its because you have been owned and need a way out
Froch said he wanted to fight Calzaghe within a year, preparing the public and the Calzaghe for a beating he was going to give him. Joe Calzaghe did not want to get beating up by Froch so fought Kabery Salem and Evans Ashira instead.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #167
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,686
vCash: 210
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
So you said Froch got outworked for the first 7 rounds, but then beats him up for the last 5 rounds?

How can an outworked fighter being still working in the final 5 rounds.
I didnt say from start to finish. I said about Froch being outworked and if you watch that fight Froch was outworked for large part especially early on
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #168
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 275
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I didnt say from start to finish. I said about Froch being outworked and if you watch that fight Froch was outworked for large part especially early on

How can an outworked fighter work the last 5 rounds to score a knockdown and have Adamu reeling back?

Your claim that Froch can get outworked is bullshit as Froch threw, and landed more punches than Adamu.

Either you aint watched the Adamu fight or you dont know what "outworked" means, regardless YDKSAB.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #169
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 275
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
But Froch didnt want it then, as YOU already showed , yet here you go again trying to talk for Froch
Maybe you did not follow boxing then or just followed boxrec, but this is the words of Carl Froch:-

"I'd like to fight Calzaghe, probably next year after a couple of fights for the British title,"

Froch was being smart by mentioning probably, but Calzaghe probably, naah, Calzaghe didnt want it.

Not only did Froch want to fight Calzaghe, and gave him a decent deadline, he was also confident in beating Calzaghe:-

"I know exactly what to do against his style, I'm really confident going in there that I'd look brilliant."

"That would be an outrageous win because Calzaghe's a good fighter,"

Froch talked about winning against Calzaghe while he was 13-0, while Calzaghe has talked about not fight the Cobra.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
realsoulja is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #170
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 275
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
But as explained to you, even though you pretend that it isnt apparent. Froch wasnt known in America, and the idea of Manfredo was because he was known in America to build interest in a Hopkins bout, which was far bigger than British champ Froch.
Why do you not answer that?
The facts are still facts, Froch was a better fight than Manfredo then, he is a better fighter now, and was a better fighter back in the amatuers. Froch was ranked higher than Manfredo by every respectable organisation. Truth.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #171
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 275
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Last one for now, give you a chance to hopefully produce a reasonable response:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
What, when boiled down from LHW, in his 40s . You were the one that said no fighter improves in their 40s on a different thread and now try and say Johnson was improved
Sheika beat 36-6-0 Johnson aged 31
Froch beat 51-14-2 Johnson aged 42 who hasnt won a fight since and is now 51-18-2
Yeah got it
It is rare, almost unlikely for a fighter to improve physically past the age of 40, I am pretty sure that is what I also said on that different thread you are talking about. Mentally a fighter can get better with experience, and Johnson got better as he aged mentally.

Sheika beat Johnson while Johnson was on the worse form of his career, while Froch beat Johnson while he was giving LHW champs tough fights, and just knocked out top 10 SMW Allan Green.

But I think you got it as you gave the thumbs up good to see you learning things quicker for a change.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #172
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,686
vCash: 210
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
How can an outworked fighter work the last 5 rounds to score a knockdown and have Adamu reeling back?

Your claim that Froch can get outworked is bullshit as Froch threw, and landed more punches than Adamu.

Either you aint watched the Adamu fight or you dont know what "outworked" means, regardless YDKSAB.
So you dont think someone can get outworked in a round and lose that round by being outworked?
Leave that belief with you
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #173
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,686
vCash: 210
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Maybe you did not follow boxing then or just followed boxrec, but this is the words of Carl Froch:-

"I'd like to fight Calzaghe, probably next year after a couple of fights for the British title,"

Froch was being smart by mentioning probably, but Calzaghe probably, naah, Calzaghe didnt want it.

Not only did Froch want to fight Calzaghe, and gave him a decent deadline, he was also confident in beating Calzaghe:-

"I know exactly what to do against his style, I'm really confident going in there that I'd look brilliant."

"That would be an outrageous win because Calzaghe's a good fighter,"

Froch talked about winning against Calzaghe while he was 13-0, while Calzaghe has talked about not fight the Cobra.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Which proves exactly what I said. Now concentrate and follow the words.
You say Froch was wanting to fight Calzaghe then print this statement
"I'd like to fight Calzaghe, probably next year after a couple of fights for the British title,"
Read the enlarged part, several times if required. That isnt Froch at 13-0 saying he wanted to fight Calzaghe then. He is saying down the line
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #174
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,686
vCash: 210
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
The facts are still facts, Froch was a better fight than Manfredo then, he is a better fighter now, and was a better fighter back in the amatuers. Froch was ranked higher than Manfredo by every respectable organisation. Truth.
Even though I agree Froch is better than Manfredo, You still try and cover the fact that Froch wouldnt give Calzaghe American exposure, which is what the idea of that fight was, and Froch hadnt even beaten someone like Pemberton at that time. Miss those fact? Seems you tried to cover over them again .
You also claim to know so much but miss the fact that Manfredo beat Froch as an amateur . check out that fact also
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #175
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,686
vCash: 210
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Last one for now, give you a chance to hopefully produce a reasonable response:-



It is rare, almost unlikely for a fighter to improve physically past the age of 40, I am pretty sure that is what I also said on that different thread you are talking about. Mentally a fighter can get better with experience, and Johnson got better as he aged mentally.

Sheika beat Johnson while Johnson was on the worse form of his career, while Froch beat Johnson while he was giving LHW champs tough fights, and just knocked out top 10 SMW Allan Green.

But I think you got it as you gave the thumbs up good to see you learning things quicker for a change.
So now you are back tracking and losing it completely .
If you read me giving you the thumbs up as learning, when you come out with

Quote:
It is obvious to any man who has ever taken a shit, a man cant and wont be at his physical peak after the age of 40.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Then say someone who is boiled down and on a 0-5 in his last world title fights then boiled down and went 1-4 and who lost their next 3 after Froch, and you say they were at a high time
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #176
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 275
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
So you dont think someone can get outworked in a round and lose that round by being outworked?
Leave that belief with you
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Even though I agree Froch is better than Manfredo, You still try and cover the fact that Froch wouldnt give Calzaghe American exposure, which is what the idea of that fight was, and Froch hadnt even beaten someone like Pemberton at that time. Miss those fact? Seems you tried to cover over them again .
You also claim to know so much but miss the fact that Manfredo beat Froch as an amateur . check out that fact also
:



Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Which proves exactly what I said. Now concentrate and follow the words.
You say Froch was wanting to fight Calzaghe then print this statement
"I'd like to fight Calzaghe, probably next year after a couple of fights for the British title,"
Read the enlarged part, several times if required. That isnt Froch at 13-0 saying he wanted to fight Calzaghe then. He is saying down the line
realsoulja is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #177
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

The Calzaghe-Manfredo fight was a terrible fight to make. A better fight would have been Calzaghe-Stieglitz who was the mandatory to Calzaghe's IBF belt. Unfortunately, Joe needed American exposure to build a fight with either Bernard Hopkins or Jermain Taylor, and Manfredo was a safe choice who was known in America. As much I respect Carl as a very good fighter, he's hands down better than Stieglitz and Manfredo without a doubt, he just wasn't in the picture at this time. I can only speculate (and I might well be wrong), but I really doubt HBO would have accepted him as an opponent either

Quote:
****** said that HBO had "no appetite" for the Stieglitz fight. "That's how the belts get fragmented," ****** added.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Quote:
"It would bother me to lose the title, but business is business and I want the biggest fights and the most money," Calzaghe told BBC Sport Wales.

606 DEBATE: Give your reaction to this news

"[US TV network] HBO want me to fight an American next, and if a bout with [German-based Russian] Stieglitz doesn't add up we'll have to knock it on the head.

"I'm going to speak to [promoter] Frank ****** next week and I hope to find out who I'll be facing then."

Stieglitz, 25, has an unbeaten record of 29-0 (19 KOs), but there are no major names on his record and he is unattractive to the American television companies.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Like I say, it would have been a great fight, Carl wanted it bad, but it just wasn't viable at the time
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #178
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 275
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
The Calzaghe-Manfredo fight was a terrible fight to make. A better fight would have been Calzaghe-Stieglitz who was the mandatory to Calzaghe's IBF belt. Unfortunately, Joe needed American exposure to build a fight with either Bernard Hopkins or Jermain Taylor, and Manfredo was a safe choice who was known in America. As much I respect Carl as a very good fighter, he's hands down better than Stieglitz and Manfredo without a doubt, he just wasn't in the picture at this time. I can only speculate (and I might well be wrong), but I really doubt HBO would have accepted him as an opponent either





[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]




[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Like I say, it would have been a great fight, Carl wanted it bad, but it just wasn't viable at the time
Its a shame, Calzaghe had been a champ for almost 10 years and yet still needed American exposure. Even though RJJ, Tarver, Hopkins, Taylor, Toney and a few more known American fighters had mentioned Calzaghe's name, also Calzaghe had beaten Tyson 2nd coming Jeff Lacy in a brutal fashion, it is still a shame HBO had forced Calzaghe to beat up Manfredo.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #179
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,622
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

it was not the not the workrate or the power it was both and the constant effective pressure
JASPER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #180
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Its a shame, Calzaghe had been a champ for almost 10 years and yet still needed American exposure. Even though RJJ, Tarver, Hopkins, Taylor, Toney and a few more known American fighters had mentioned Calzaghe's name, also Calzaghe had beaten Tyson 2nd coming Jeff Lacy in a brutal fashion, it is still a shame HBO had forced Calzaghe to beat up Manfredo.

True, and it's Joe's own fault that he wasn't known in America at this point. He should have fought there years ago, Joe was too good to spend 10 years defending the WBO title in Britain.
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013