Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #76
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Alright Mayweather Fanboys... How does this equate to the greatest 130 of all tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Arguello, Floyd and Nelson all seem to be mentioned a lot more often than Chavez.

I'd say Chavez had a better resume at 130lbs than Floyd.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #77
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330
Default Re: Alright Mayweather Fanboys... How does this equate to the greatest 130 of all tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post

That's why he went on to fight and win a world title off of Casamayor at that same weight class a couple years later...
Gift decision.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #78
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Arguello is clearly in possession of the best resume at the weight.

However Floyd achieved a lot in his time there and more than anyone else for me aside from maybe ellorde.

But h2h he's a complete fighter at sfw. Would be confident that he beats arguello.but against Chavez I'm not so sure.

Chavez dominated Camacho but struggles with Taylor and Pea. Tough one to call.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #79
Pound4PoundG
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

This is absoloutely correct!! And it begs the question how do we actually know floyd was at his best at 130? His best oppositions has been above 140 and like previous posters say many boxers seem to have ATG talent when fighting average opposition.
Pound4PoundG is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #80
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444

He might have been the best 130 at that moment but not the best of all time remember you could make a strong case he lost the first fight to Castillo at 130
box4life11 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #81
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
I'd say Chavez had a better resume at 130lbs than Floyd.
Chavez certainly hasn't.

Genaro Hernandez is better than Rocky Lockridge
Jesus Chavez and Juan Laporte are pretty even, more inclined towards Juan but it's up in the air.
Diego Corrales is a better win than Roger Mayweather. Roger Mayweather on Floyd's win against Corrales, in 2012: 'the greatest of his career'
Angel Manfredy is a better win than Mario Martinez
****** Juuko is a better win than Ruben Castillo
Mayweather's other wins are greater than Chavez's other wins at 130lbs

Chavez looked monstrous, but most are in agreement that Mayweather looked the most lethal out of all, at 130. Chavez was VERY shaky against LaPorte and Rocky.

In terms of all time ranking, Chavez is higher for me.

Mayweather > Chavez H2H and resume at 130.

The only real argument is Arguello or Mayweather, and I'm inclined towards Mayweather..even though overall I rate Arguello higher on ATG rankings.

Last edited by anj; 01-22-2013 at 12:50 PM.
anj is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #82
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
Chavez certainly doesn't.

Genaro Hernandez is better than Rocky Lockridge
Jesus Chavez and Juan Laporte are pretty even, more inclined towards Juan but it's up in the air.
Diego Corrales is a better win than Roger Mayweather. Roger Mayweather on Floyd's win against Corrales, in 2012: 'the greatest of his career'
Angel Manfredy is a better win than Mario Martinez
****** Juuko is a better win than Ruben Castillo
Mayweather's other wins are greater than Chavez's other wins at 130lbs

Chavez looked monstrous, but most are in agreement that Mayweather looked the most lethal out of all, at 130.

In terms of all time ranking, Chavez is higher for me.

Mayweather > Chavez H2H and resume at 130.

The only real argument is Arguello or Mayweather, and I'm inclined towards Mayweather..even though overall I rate Arguello higher on ATG rankings.

The Lockrdige and LaPorte Chavez fought beat every single boxer Floyd fought at 130lbs at the time he fought him. I might even favor them both over a prime Genaro as well.

Both guys are very very underrated.

and Mario Martinez would beat Manfredy.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #83
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Quote:
The Lockrdige and LaPorte Chavez fought beat every single boxer Floyd fought at 130lbs at the time he fought him. I might even favor them both over a prime Genaro as well.

Both guys are very very underrated.

and Mario Martinez would beat Manfredy.

This has GOT to be a joke response, right?

If not, let's agree to completely disagree lol

I rate Laporte and Lockridge highly, higher than many. They're just no Genaro Hernandez or Diego Corrales.
anj is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #84
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
This has GOT to be a joke response, right?

If not, let's agree to completely disagree lol

I rate Laporte and Lockridge highly, higher than many. They're just no Genaro Hernandez or Diego Corrales.

i wont argue about who ranks higher, im saying that they would BOTH beat the Genaro Floyd fought, and they would most definetly beat Corrales, who is quite frankly one of the most overrated fighters of the last decade.

So yeah, we might have to agree to disagree here.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #85
NWS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
i wont argue about who ranks higher, im saying that they would BOTH beat the Genaro Floyd fought, and they would most definetly beat Corrales, who is quite frankly one of the most overrated fighters of the last decade.

Man, where does the ****in time go?! I remember I was about to graduate high school when Corrales-Castillo fought the first time.
NWS is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #86
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
Man, where does the ****in time go?! I remember I was about to graduate high school when Corrales-Castillo fought the first time.

I was a couple months away from turning 21 when that fight took place.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #87
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:

How is Corrales overrated. Wins over Castillo, Freitas, Casa. Aswell as smashing Manfredy, Garcia and Gainer

I mean name anyone from 130-135 over the last 10 years who comes close to that resume
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #88
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
well its kinda easy to look like you have ATG talent when your fighting C and B level fighters all the time
str1 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #89
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
How is Corrales overrated. Wins over Castillo, Freitas, Casa. Aswell as smashing Manfredy, Garcia and Gainer

I mean name anyone from 130-135 over the last 10 years who comes close to that resume

Had Floyd not fought him, you Flomos would be calling him a one dimensional slow slugger with power and a glass jaw.

You know...what he really was.

The Casa fight "win" was a gift, and he would have lost against Castillo the first time had he not intentionally spat out his mouthshield to buy some time.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #90
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Had Floyd not fought him, you Flomos would be calling him a one dimensional slow slugger with power and a glass jaw.

You know...what he really was.

The Casa fight "win" was a gift, and he would have lost against Castillo the first time had he not intentionally spat out his mouthshield to buy some time.
Dreadful post
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum