Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
Dipset
Dipset4Ever
ESB Addict

vCash: 639
Default If You Belive Kessler Can Beat Froch At This Stage Tell Me How?

Genuine strategy please brothers...

Dipset4Ever
Dipset is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
The Chosen
Bada Bing! Bada Boom!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If You Belive Kessler Can Beat Froch At This Stage Tell Me How?

He can go toe to toe with Carl and come off better, as he did before.
The Chosen is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
Synthetic Decay
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Punch him in the face more times than vice versa.
Synthetic Decay is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Mordechai
Belt holder
ESB Addict

he is physically stronger, a better boxer and a better puncher + equal chin. and he has his eyes back. imo kessler will beat froch in a close ud or even a late tko
Mordechai is online now  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
oksehud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

I believe Kessler can beat Froch.
It will not be easy, but I think Kessler can do it.

A lot of posters here are solely focusing on the fact, that Froch has had a good run since the last fight against Kessler, gaining experience against world-class operators, and winning his last two fights in spectacular style.
It is all true, but Kessler is definitely not on the decline, and probably has a lot more to offer in this rematch, compared to their first fight:

1: Kesslers eyesight is back to normal.
Kessler was known for his eagle-eyed precision before the super-six, and in the fight against Froch in 2010 he was forced to be the aggressor (not always successfully) because he couldn't rely on his precision to fight from the distance.
In his last two fights Kessler has been showing his acclaimed precision again, and Froch is normally not hard to find in the ring.

2: Kessler has been working with Jimmy Montoya as a coach now for 3 years. Montoya has been adding a lot of new weapons to Kesslers arsenal (or rather making Kessler find them again, after having relied on the "jab-jab-straight" tactics for a long time under his former coach Ricard Olsen). Montoya has been able to find fatal flaws in Kesslers last opponents every time, and present it tactically for Kessler to exploit (Allan Green dropping his right hand, exposing him for the left hook. Magees soft spot down below, etc.)
Froch-Kessler I was the Kesslers first fight with Montoya in the corner. I am sure Jimmy has been able to find a lot of new stuff about Froch, Kessler can exploit.

If Froch fights like against Bute and Mack, storming forward like a man possessed, I can see Froch being at the wrong end of a nasty counterpunch at some point in the match.
Froch has a good chin, but maybe not as good as he thinks himself.
If Froch fights like against Abraham, keeping the distance and relying on his reach advantage to outscore Kessler, it will be a much more difficult night for Kessler. Kessler would then have to rely on his speed advantage to slip, counter and close the distance, working the body like in their first match, and hitting him from awkward angles.

Froch has made it public, that he will stop Kessler before the 9th round, and it will become a war. If that is true, Kessler has a much better chance than if Froch boxes the match sensibly (which I actually think he will).
Froch also has an enormous pressure on his shoulders. He has been calling out Kessler publically, and has the home advantage, and his fans are expecting great things from him.
It could work out bad for Froch who's arguably best wins in recent time (Abraham, Bute) came after defeats, where the expectancies were much lower...

Either way, it will be an exciting match-up, which every red-blooded fight fan should look forward to !!
oksehud is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Froch gonna finish what Allan Green started...
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
Clarky Cat
Stalwart
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordechai View Post
he is physically stronger, a better boxer and a better puncher + equal chin. and he has his eyes back. imo kessler will beat froch in a close ud or even a late tko
Not so sure he does. That kind of injury is always gonna be there, lurking. Whether it's the scar tissue Ward gave him or the injury which retired him from the S6, I think the durability of Kessler's eyes will play a significant part in the outcome.
Clarky Cat is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
Big Left
Belt holder
ESB Addict

watch the first fight, it is a clear win for Kessler. Froch lost it cause he was inactive during the middle rounds - was it the bodyshots or the volcano?
Big Left is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
mclovellin87
el Terrible
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oksehud View Post
1: Kesslers eyesight is back to normal.
Kessler was known for his eagle-eyed precision before the super-six, and in the fight against Froch in 2010 he was forced to be the aggressor (not always successfully) because he couldn't rely on his precision to fight from the distance.
In his last two fights Kessler has been showing his acclaimed precision again, and Froch is normally not hard to find in the ring.
This is why I think he'll win again this time too. He's looked sharper since his comeback than he did vs Ward and Froch (minus the one left hook from Green). Ok, he's been fighting at a much lower level so he's always going to look better vs guys like Bouadla but still.

Froch isn't really that much improved recently imo he's just been more aggressive and guys like Bute and Mack couldn't deal with it on the night.

I thought Froch's main problem vs Kessler first time was he just wasn't busy enough; Kessler would flurry and not land much clean but Froch didn't answer back often enough and gave the impression that Kessler was outworking him which is why I felt he just about edged the fight. He also threw a lot of straight rights to Carl's body ala vs Magee that probably slowed him down.

If Kessler fights Froch's fight like last time I still think he can win but he's less likey too get the decision this time. If he boxes more he should be able to land better timed and more eye-catching punches that will give him more chance of getting the win. There's more chance of him hurting Froch that way too, most fighters that have have done it with punches that he didn't see.

Still expect it too be a bit of a war but with Kessler being a bit more composed and less wild than last time. I think Froch knows that he could have been more active too so I think he'll force the fight more this time with the home crowd behind him instead of being on the back foot so much.
mclovellin87 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Kessler is a better boxer. It should probably be similar to last time round only Froch will get the decision with it being in England. Whether rightly or wrongly
oli is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #11
The Bane
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I think if Froch can stay more active in the rounds, then Kessler will lose this one unfortunately.
The Bane is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #12
tobias
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I don't think Kessler can, he used to be a lot better.
tobias is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

Same way he did last time
irishny is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 250

Green dropping Kessler sort of scares me for Kessler's sake.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #15
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
Green dropping Kessler sort of scares me for Kessler's sake.
indeed. Kessler is on a down way. Froch wins by early T.K.O this rematch IMO.
flashy k.o is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum