Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644
Default Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Its been a while since I watched this fight and with Matthysse being the toast of the esb town tonight I decided to watch it again and score it and see if I'm crazy for having Alexander winning when I first seen it.... guess what? I'm not crazy. Anyone that calls this fight a robbery is crazy. This was a good, close tough fight and yet Alexander never gets credit for it.

BORKED

I had Alexander sweeping the first 3 rounds then coming back and winning the 5th after getting dropped in the forth and the sixth and after Matthysse dominated the 7th and 8th rounds Alexander came out and took the 9th. The tenth was close but I gave it to Matthysse. That 1, 2, 3, 5 , 6 and 9 to Alexander and 4, 7, 8 and 10 to Mathysse with a 10-8 round in the 4th. This fight was extremely close and both guys deserve major credit. Matthysse dropped Alexander with a nice right for the first time in Alexander's career the boy had a chin. Alexander stood in front of Matthysse the entire fight and outside of the 7th and 8th he made Matthysse miss a lot and even had Matthysse looking foolish at times.

95-94 Alexander

Give Alexander his due he fought basically the same as he did vs Maidana but Matthysse is just better then Maidana.

What is your scorecard and do you think it was a robbery?
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
recycling
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Look foolish? Lol it was only Alexander work rate which kept him in that fight if it went 12 mathysse def won. But Alexander is alright
recycling is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Don't be an idiot please.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Pretty much the only Alexander fan on ESB and I had Mattyhsee winning by a round or 2. Devon's accuracy let him down against Kotelnik and Mattyhsee.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycling View Post
Look foolish? Lol it was only Alexander work rate which kept him in that fight if it went 12 mathysse def won. But Alexander is alright
But it wasn't 12 rounds it was 10. And it was only Matthysse's power that kept him in the fight. See I can do that too. Alexander's chin and defense kept him in the fight more then anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Don't be an idiot please.
Where is your scorecard? Don't have one? **** off then.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Tough fight. Alexander showed heart and a strong chin to survive. I had Lucas winning a close fight.
Sister Sledge is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Pretty much the only Alexander fan on ESB and I had Mattyhsee winning by a round or 2. Devon's accuracy let him down against Kotelnik and Mattyhsee.
I'm a fan and he won that fight. HBO was so bias towards Matthysse they were barely calling the action until the 7th round when Matthysse had a big round. Even the pressure Whore Letterman only gave it to Matthyese by a point.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

It was a very close fight like the Judah fight. I think I had both even on rounds with matthyse winning by virtue of the knockdowns.

in those fights we saw matthyse giving his opponents a bit too much respect so maybe he didn't quite believe in his chin as he seems to do now. I imagine he stops both in rematches.

Matthyse v Garcia would be amazing to watch.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #9
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Matthysse clearly won the first round.
How?
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Cash, you might be crazy, brother. This and your pick for Dallas to beat him pretty much shows your bias is clouding your judgment, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
I like Alexander too, actually. I had Kotelnik a draw and scored well in favour of Matthysse though. I literally don't see any sane card for Alexander in that one from memory. A blatant robbery.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #11
Chappy112
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3000

95-94 to Matthysse, the scorecard suggest it was close but I felt there are 5 rounds that Matthysse clearly won plus the knockdown.
Chappy112 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #12
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
It was a very close fight like the Judah fight. I think I had both even on rounds with matthyse winning by virtue of the knockdowns.

in those fights we saw matthyse giving his opponents a bit too much respect so maybe he didn't quite believe in his chin as he seems to do now. I imagine he stops both in rematches.

Matthyse v Garcia would be amazing to watch.
It wasn't respect it was footwork.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #13
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

I had Kotelnik a draw aswell but admit bias might play a part. Had Matthysee the clear winner that night however
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #14
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Cash, you might be crazy, brother. This and your pick for Dallas to beat him pretty much shows your bias is clouding your judgment, in my opinion.

I like Alexander too, actually. I had Kotelnik a draw and scored well in favour of Matthysse though. I literally don't see any sane card for Alexander in that one from memory. A blatant robbery.
Watch the fight and give a rbr scorecard. Saying you can't have it for Alexander is insane. Matthysse had two big rounds and that was about it. Even on the forth when he dropped Alexander in ybe first 15 seconds he got up and still made it a competitive round.

The Dallas pick was a reach I at least expected him to go a few but he came out stiff as a board. I have no bias I'm a Matthysse fan but I don't get all the hype and in this fight his hype won it. I watched it twice and Matthysse was ineffective for a majority of the fight. I don't think your giving Alexander credit. He doesn't hit as hard as Matthysse but his punches landing still count in his favor.

Thus fight was as close as it gets.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #15
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Watch the fight and give a rbr scorecard.
I'm simply not going to take the time to do that whenever I disagree about a score card with someone. It's not that big of a deal to me.

Quote:
Saying you can't have it for Alexander is insane.
Not my take, certainly.

Quote:
Matthysse had two big rounds and that was about it.
They don't have to be big, just yours. There are close but clear fights and close but clear rounds. I thought Lucas banked many of those. Alexander only had one big round that I can recall.

Quote:
The Dallas pick was a reach
A very big one that I hope you can understand would give the impression you have a bias, considering this thread following close after. Perhaps you're not, but it's an easy assumption to make.

Quote:
I don't get all the hype and in this fight his hype won it. I watched it twice and Matthysse was ineffective for a majority of the fight. I don't think your giving Alexander credit. He doesn't hit as hard as Matthysse but his punches landing still count in his favor.

Thus fight was as close as it gets.
I just don't agree with any of this. But, whatever. For the record, though I scored Judah/Matthysse for Matthysse, I thought that one could've gone either way and played out closer. And I can't stand Judah. I'm not just hanging on Lucas' sack when I say I didn't see Alexander close. I just can't see how it wasn't a dish of hometown cooking. As big of a benefit of the doubt as he's gotten there with a 116-112 across the board against Kotelnik, it's still no wonder to me he only took an SD over LMM.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum