Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 AM   #61
Danmann
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why did Arguello quit in the 2nd fight against Pryor? Is it a lack of heart?

His life outside of ring had changed, he was heavy into cocaine by then, and lets face it, he was hurt in that fight.
Danmann is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 03:59 AM   #62
conditioner101
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why did Arguello quit in the 2nd fight against Pryor? Is it a lack of heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Ortiz had a broken jaw....Wow.

These guys man... Arguello quit because he had enough of the beating. Ortiz had a broken jaw... Lol!
So did Ali... So did Morrison. Danny Williams won by KO while fighting one armed due to severely dislocated shoulder. Arthur Abraham also fought with severely broken jaw.
conditioner101 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #63
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by conditioner101 View Post
The statement was ridiculous in every sense of the word. A fighters merit could scarcely be judged on the basis of one fight on the very tail end of his career. Especially after enduring the punishment he took in the fight. Lack of heart? I have seen many a "tough guy" literally chased out of the ring just by being walked down. It's tiresome coming to these forums as a trainer and a fan, and have to listen to all these armchair fighters/tough guys ridicule and judge the people that out there lives on the line for our entertainment, and to make a living.
So he quit... so what! There are 10 guys in my gym that could run any one of you tough guys out of the ring without throwing a punch. You people are something else.
Amen !! It takes enormous courage to don the gloves and walk in that ring. Yet you have some no-nothing morons, who the only thing they punch is a keyboard, making comments about fighters hearts ??? How pathetic ...
Waynegrade is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #64
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:

These guys man... Arguello quit because he had enough of the beating. Ortiz had a broken jaw... Lol!
Valid point about Ortiz.Saturday night was a perfect example of the double standards that exist because Ortiz had a horrendous injury and was perfectly entitled to quit.
Garcia wasn't having trouble breathing and with a snib that size,breakage is always a risk.

But there are some subjects you have to look deeper that just the result on paper when you discuss them MVC.
In theory,the basis of your point has some validity,but some guys desrev a bit more respect,and if it sounds unfair,it's just the way it is.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #65
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Nice to see an Arguello thread in the general, shame its a shit one by MVC but its better than another Pac/Floyd one.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #66
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:

While you're at it, why not start a thread about Ali's quit job against Holmes?
Scar is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #67
rodney
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Simply stayed down and got counted out even though he could have gotten up. Why'd he quit?

Of course Arguello is a legend and RIP. But why did he stay down? He wasn't even hurt.
Could of gotten up???
He was beat.
He had nothing left --- plain out of gas you dumb ****.
rodney is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #68
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodney View Post
Could of gotten up???
He was beat.
He had nothing left --- plain out of gas you dumb ****.
You're an idiot. "I was not that hurt, I did not want to risk my life" at the press conference. This shows me you haven't watched the fight and you know nothing about Pryor/Arguello 1 or 2. He was knocked down multiple times, but he was not that hurt, he even said it himself.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #69
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
While you're at it, why not start a thread about Ali's quit job against Holmes?
I bet he will now...
Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #70
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You're an idiot. "I was not that hurt, I did not want to risk my life" at the press conference. This shows me you haven't watched the fight and you know nothing about Pryor/Arguello 1 or 2. He was knocked down multiple times, but he was not that hurt, he even said it himself.
Too bad he didn`t have your heart, we all know you never would quit in a fight ...
Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #71
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Panama Lewis was in his corner
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #72
rodney
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Have you ever been in the ring.
Have you ever had a fight where you were pushed to the limit?
THATS WHAT I THOUGHT.
rodney is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #73
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3930

Arguello could easily have folded up shop following the first kd in the rematch; the fact that he didn't and tried his damnedest to remain competitive against a younger, stronger guy who had previously knocked him out should answer any questions about the guy's heart.
Drew101 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum