boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
Stinkmeaner
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 381
vCash: 450
Default Abel Sanchez

How do you rate Abel? It seems, that almost of all his boxers fight same style with same flaws. I personally think GGG deserves a better trainer, cause he is a very disciplined fighter with soldier-mentality(like Pacquiao and unlike Pirog and Mayweather) and would do anything what trainer wants from him and sometimes it can create a problem - such fighter would learn and do any ****, its like having strong armee with dumbass general. For example - look what Ulli Wegner did to potentially good fighters like Abraham and Huck, they dont have any skills, footwork etc... Things that must be learned and Ulli simply exploits their punching power.

P.S. and WTF? Sanchez was asked "did you watch video-tapes with Rosado's fights" and he answered "only one round". I hope it was a joke...
Stinkmeaner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
ALLEXX
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Default Re: Abel Sanchez

Golovkin is called "Golden boy of kazakh boxing", because he has a special talent, he won almost all competitions where he took part. In Kazakhstan many experts criticize Sanchez's work. Golovkin had a proper style of boxing in the amateurs, including a good defense with lots of feints. Where all those skills now? Abel ruins GGG's career by changing his style to be more appealing to Americans. Now he doesn't move his head. He's taken lots of unnecessary power punches to his head since Abel became his trainer (Ouma, Proksa, Rosado). The fight against Ouma looked horrible. I believe money's not Golovkin's priority, he just wants to be a good fighter, but his trainer has a business mind. That's not good for GGG.

Golovkin'd better change his trainer for his safety.
ALLEXX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
Stinkmeaner
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 381
vCash: 450
Default Re: Abel Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLEXX View Post
Golovkin is called "Golden boy of kazakh boxing", because he has a special talent, he won almost all competitions where he took part. In Kazakhstan many experts criticize Sanchez's work. Golovkin had a proper style of boxing in the amateurs, including a good defense with lots of feints. Where all those skills now? Abel ruins GGG's career by changing his style to be more appealing to Americans. Now he doesn't move his head. He's taken lots of unnecessary power punches to his head since Abel became his trainer (Ouma, Proksa, Rosado). The fight against Ouma looked horrible. I believe money's not Golovkin's priority, he just wants to be a good fighter, but his trainer has a business mind. That's not good for GGG.

Golovkin'd better change his trainer for his safety.
Exactly, GGG needs a wise, passionate trainer with sharp mind, someone like Hunter or Robert Garcia, not Sanchez who is always in "dont give a ****" mode.

I made this thread, cause i watched a lot of reviews and discussions about GGG in youtube and NOBODY criticized or even spoke about Sanchez's work...
Stinkmeaner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 722
Default Re: Abel Sanchez

Whilst I agree with some points you cant say Sanchez didn't make him an exciting HBO fighter with immense hype and following right now.

Gennady is aware what the public, especially Americans love and he is ready to discard his defensive, counterpunching style into a more offensive powerhouse style fighter. He has all the tools to fight that way and look spectacular doing so. Gennady knows if you want to make it big you have to excite the casuals and leave it all in the ring. He has a big desire to not only become a good fighter but one of the best.

He's Russian and a was complete unknown quantity before the Proksa fight, he knows he has to give the public something special.

I am satisified with Abel Sanchez and think he is an underrated genius trainer. I really hope him and Golovkin will make it far as a team.
Champion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
ALLEXX
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Default Re: Abel Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
He's Russian
Please don't call him Russian. He's Kazakh boxer.
ALLEXX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
Stinkmeaner
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 381
vCash: 450
Default Re: Abel Sanchez

He is a russian-korean from Kazachstan.
Stinkmeaner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 17,539
vCash: 1158
Default Re: Abel Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkmeaner View Post
He is a russian-korean from Kazachstan.
Korean?
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
ALLEXX
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Default Re: Abel Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkmeaner View Post
He is a russian-korean from Kazachstan.
It doesn't matter. He was born in Kazakhstan, he grew up in Kazakhstan. His parents were born in Kazakhstan also. He became a boxer in Kazakhstan. He is a patriot of his country. He wears kazakh national suit when he goes to the ring. His short is made of kazakh color flag. He brings kazakh national flag with him. Kazakh national anthem plays before his fights.

In conclusion he's kazakh boxer!!! He doesn't care about Russia. And Russian fans would support Pirog against Golovkin. Russia doesn't need to pretend that Golovkin's their boxer.
ALLEXX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #9
Stinkmeaner
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 381
vCash: 450
Default Re: Abel Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLEXX View Post
It doesn't matter. He was born in Kazakhstan, he grew up in Kazakhstan. His parents were born in Kazakhstan also. He became a boxer in Kazakhstan. He is a patriot of his country. He wears kazakh national suit when he goes to the ring. His short is made of kazakh color flag. He brings kazakh national flag with him. Kazakh national anthem plays before his fights.

In conclusion he's kazakh boxer!!! He doesn't care about Russia. And Russian fans would support Pirog against Golovkin. Russia doesn't need to pretend that Golovkin's their boxer.
and all of sudden it doesnt matter that one of his parents is russian and GGG was speaking russian with his mother after his fight with Rosado. So, blood and language is not important, you know, sometimes this hyper-patriotic **** looks just ridiculous, i said you FACTS he is russian-korean, who was born in Kazachstan and fights for Kazachstan. Just facts...
Stinkmeaner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #10
ALLEXX
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Exclamation Re: Abel Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkmeaner View Post
and all of sudden it doesnt matter that one of his parents is russian and GGG was speaking russian with his mother after his fight with Rosado. So, blood and language is not important, you know, sometimes this hyper-patriotic **** looks just ridiculous, i said you FACTS he is russian-korean, who was born in Kazachstan and fights for Kazachstan. Just facts...
Just facts:
1) He can speak Russian because Kazakhstan is a former soviet country, kazakh language was under an embargo. And even kazakh people couldn't speak kazakh for a long time. they were forced to use Russian letters. But anyway GGG can speak kazakh.
2) He was born in Kazakhstan and grew up in Kazakhstan
3) He won his Olympic medal for Kazakhstan
4) He represents Kazakhstan, not Russia. He also said to Russian reporter that he will never represent Russia.
5) He is a patriotic of his country and proved that a lot of times
6) He doesn't care about Russia
7) Russian fans supported Pirog when he was a champ and didn't care much about Golovkin.
8 ) Russian fans would support Pirog against Golovkin.
9) When GGG became popular in the states Russian people started pretend that he's their boxer - BS. Ask yourself why Korean people doesn't say that Golovkin is a korean fighter? because it is not the case.

Btw, he looks more Asian, than Russian.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Final question to you: Do u agree that he's a kazakh boxer?

Last edited by ALLEXX; 01-22-2013 at 11:23 AM.
ALLEXX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #11
ALLEXX
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Default Re: Abel Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkmeaner View Post
and all of sudden it doesnt matter that one of his parents is russian and GGG was speaking russian with his mother after his fight with Rosado. So, blood and language is not important, you know, sometimes this hyper-patriotic **** looks just ridiculous, i said you FACTS he is russian-korean, who was born in Kazachstan and fights for Kazachstan. Just facts...
with this kind of logic you can say that Wlad is a russian boxer. He was speaking russian with his mother after his fights. And one of his parents is russian, no?

Russia, you have Povetkin, don't touch kazakh national hero - GGG.
ALLEXX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #12
Stinkmeaner
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 381
vCash: 450
Default Re: Abel Sanchez

LOL, i didnt say whether he is russian or kazach boxer, i only said you facts. There are 2 points of view

1. People who think that blood and ancestry is the most important thing.
2. People who thinks that place of birth is more important.
Stinkmeaner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
Stinkmeaner
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 381
vCash: 450
Default Re: Abel Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLEXX View Post
Russia, you have Povetkin, don't touch kazakh national hero - GGG.
oh ****, i have no more questions for you...
Stinkmeaner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
ALLEXX
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Default Re: Abel Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkmeaner View Post
LOL, i didnt say whether he is russian or kazach boxer, i only said you facts. There are 2 points of view

1. People who think that blood and ancestry is the most important thing.
2. People who thinks that place of birth is more important.
Ok, I see your point.
ALLEXX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #15
Tyler-Durden
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Karabagh
Posts: 5,601
vCash: 75
Default Re: Abel Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLEXX View Post
Russia, you have Povetkin, don't touch kazakh national hero - GGG.
I thought the national hero was Borat.

I'm out !
Tyler-Durden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015