Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Who wins?
Rogan KO/TKO 3 23.08%
Rogan Decision 0 0%
Teper KO/TKO 9 69.23%
Teper Decision 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 116
Default Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

Decent scrap. who takes it?
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
freedom2013
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 0
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

I'll be rooting for the Irishman, but Erkak Teper will likely win by KO.

It will be an entertaining fight while it lasts.
freedom2013 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
vegasjim
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Belfast
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDotDizzle View Post
people on here really like to overuse and exaggerate saying 'past it', many many times fighters get called past it when theyre not past it at all

but Rogan really is past it! needs to hang up the gloves
Is this on TV
vegasjim is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #4
BoxingNL
Dutch P4P Champion
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 443
vCash: 0
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

This must be an easy fight for Teper.
I'm afraid it won't be broadcasted on TV.
BoxingNL is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:43 AM   #5
RingToneBoxing
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

This fight is in Ludwigsburg on Saturday and Junior Witter is also on the bill - I'm tempted to go along.
RingToneBoxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:23 AM   #6
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,823
vCash: 0
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDotDizzle View Post
people on here really like to overuse and exaggerate saying 'past it', many many times fighters get called past it when theyre not past it at all

but Rogan really is past it! needs to hang up the gloves
Rogan is not past it. To be past it, you needed to of been it. And whatever it was, Rogan was not it, nor will he be it.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 116
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

Rogan is still a solid domestic level heavy... Like TBooze said, hard to say he's shot when he's had nowhere to fall from. On the bright side of things Rogan stopped Sosnowski in 3 earlier this year, and made it to the prizefighter final...
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #8
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 75
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
Rogan is not past it. To be past it, you needed to of been it. And whatever it was, Rogan was not it, nor will he be it.
and yet despite this he won the Commonwealth Heavyweight title by defeating the reigning European Heavyweight champion of the time Matt Skelton. Rogan was ranked (#10 by the EBU I believe) at the time, but some nonsense meant he didn't go home with the European title that night.
He also beat Audley Harrison, with Harrison going on a run of winning a prizefighter, the European title and fighting for the WBA Heavyweight title after the loss to Rogan.

Rogan also won a prizefighter himself, was very unlucky not to beat Sam ***ton first time round, and managed to stop former European champion and World title challenger Albert Soznowski earlier this year.

So Commonwealth champion with victories over one reigning European champion who fought for a World title and 2 other fighters who have/or would later go on to win the European title and fought for World titles.
That's not bad going at all by a guy who never was it.

Granted Rogie is certainly past his best now, but he's 42 and with his style what do you expect ?
Big Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
freedom2013
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 0
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

Anybody know the result of Rogan-Teper?
freedom2013 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
HamburgBuam
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom2013 View Post
Anybody know the result of Rogan-Teper?
Teper by KO in Round 1. Rogan was knocked out after a big right hand, but the rope was holding him up. The bad referee was to slow and Teper was able to land two more right hands. It was a very brutal KO.
HamburgBuam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
Big Ukrainian
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 652
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamburgBuam View Post
Teper by KO in Round 1. Rogan was knocked out after a big right hand, but the rope was holding him up. The bad referee was to slow and Teper was able to land two more right hands. It was a very brutal KO.
Keep us posted about Luan vs Hueck megafight, thanks
Big Ukrainian is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
fra
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Castlewellan.. Eireann
Posts: 2,669
vCash: 500
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

did junior witter win
fra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #13
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 1449
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

You got to hand it to Teper he's being moved along well during the last year for someone with so few fights. Icing Oloukun, Sprott and Rogan easily is respectable. One to keep an eye on.
Manning is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #14
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,823
vCash: 0
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
and yet despite this he won the Commonwealth Heavyweight title by defeating the reigning European Heavyweight champion of the time Matt Skelton. Rogan was ranked (#10 by the EBU I believe) at the time, but some nonsense meant he didn't go home with the European title that night.
He also beat Audley Harrison, with Harrison going on a run of winning a prizefighter, the European title and fighting for the WBA Heavyweight title after the loss to Rogan.

Rogan also won a prizefighter himself, was very unlucky not to beat Sam ***ton first time round, and managed to stop former European champion and World title challenger Albert Soznowski earlier this year.

So Commonwealth champion with victories over one reigning European champion who fought for a World title and 2 other fighters who have/or would later go on to win the European title and fought for World titles.
That's not bad going at all by a guy who never was it.

Granted Rogie is certainly past his best now, but he's 42 and with his style what do you expect ?
You know you are mentioning exhibition bouts in this summary? If I paid enough in the 70s, I could of had a photo of me knocking down Ali... But sadly it would of just meant I had thousands of pounds to waste to make up for my small penis, rather than the ability to deck arguably the best Heavyweights ever...

Rogan made the most of what he had, fair dues to the bloke. But my point is, he never had 'it'.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #15
HamburgBuam
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
Default Re: Martin Rogan v.s Erkan Teper 11/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fra View Post
did junior witter win
No. It was a very boring fight. Schwarzkopf was to limited and Witter just past prime. He was running and clinching almost the whole time. Nobody was landing clean punches until Schwarzkopf scored a knockdown in the last round.
HamburgBuam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013