Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #61
tito44
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Andre Ward Fed Up With Froch and Kessler Excuses. sets em straight

When he and his clown of a trainer go to Denmark, and win legally. He will have set him straight.
tito44 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #62
Anglosaxon
FASTEST HANDS ON ESB
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

Ward has such soft punches it's hilarious that he thinks he would stop Kessler or Froch. Froch was slow as hell against Ward, he was there to be hit and still made it a decent fight which he took at least 4 rounds from Ward. A more focused Froch probably does what Boone did to Ward, except a Froch punch doesn't just drop Ward, it ends Ward.
Kessler is no longer ring rusty or inactive, so I understand why Ward doesn't want to fight Kessler even though he is advancing in years.
Anglosaxon is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #63
henrik
fasthands
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 980

Does it make any sence in all fairness that all Wards fights was in his backyard,while Froch,Abraham,Kessler had to fight in the US in the S6? NO...
The ref. in the Kessler-Ward fight was from: oakland....
Ward WON THE FIGHT PERIOD!
but,WAS THE REF. DOING A GREAT JOB...?? NO.

SO OFC. the winner of Froch-Kessler,has to fight ward anywhere else than USA,just to close all the discussions...I would love to see Ward fight in a hostile inviroment....
BUT just as FMJ he wont risk ANYTHING... AND WARDS promoter is a stupid arrogant dick who´s trying to protect his fighter...Kessler went to Cardiff as a WBC/WBA champ to fight Calzaghe.Froch has fought several fights in the usa...So if Ward has any pride and want some fans,he has to take some fights away from home.Because otherwise he will NoT...And he could make a shitload of money if he dared to go to either England or denmark..im from denmark,and a ward fight here would easy draw 20-30.000 people,and ppv money also...But the two warriors Froch and Kessler has to battle it out first!
henrik is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #64
The13thRound
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think he's fed up that they are making good money for their fight and he isn't.
The13thRound is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 05:03 AM   #65
Macdeath
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Ward showed what he could do with Kessler and Froch, admittedly they are old and more worn compared to Andre, but he still beat them both.
Ward just needs a few SMWs to come along, as the others were old past era SMWs, but when the new ones come along, he will show that he can compete, when the era improves
Macdeath is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #66
The13thRound
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Outside of Kessler and Froch saying they'd like to fight Ward in their respective home towns, and maybe the fight would be different if Ward had to fight without all his fans in his home country, I haven't heard much shit talking about Ward from either Froch or Kessler.

The ward only beat me because he fought at home stuff seems to have come from everyone elses mouth and not Kessler or Froch.

All they have done is let it be known they'd be interested in a rematch with Ward if he's willing to get the passport out.

A Froch or Kessler rematch still makes ward more $ than most other fights he could take and probably will do for a long time to come.
The13thRound is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #67
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
He'd sit down on his punches more and cut them up. He's perfectly able. Kesslar was almost ready to go by the last round in their first fight, Ward has only gotten better. Froch got wobbled more than once in their fight, and again, Ward has only gotten better. He's mean, and capable of purposefully inflicting a beating.
I don't necessarily disagree with you that he would sit down on his punches more because he would deffo have to in order to stop either one. Problem is with that he leaves himself open to be countered and caught big.

Where I disagree with you is that the only evidence you have that suggests he has improved a great deal is the dawson fight.. like i said chad was damaged goods, battered by miranda and ohter sparring partners before entering the ring boiled down to 168. Not exactly great evidence to suggest that ward has improved massively is it? And aside from this ward has done nothing in the ring since the S6

You also forget froch and kessler have both improved too Don't get me wrong I see ward winning again but no way does he stop either of them unless it is by the means of butting and clinching.

Like I said before, seeing as he is so confident in his stopping of them then he can't moan about the worry of being robbed in europe. Lets see if he can deliver what his mouth says he can
dendy is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #68
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Honestly I think Ward punishes either one in a rematch. He's just now coming into his prime. I see him really trying to put the hurt on in a rematch with either one.

But again the fact that Kessler nor Froch camp has made an offer speaks volumes
Who has Ward ever put a hurting on? my grandma has more power than Ward and his feather fists. He couldn't knock the fluff off a cappuccino.

Secondly what's the point in making any offer when the only attractive option is for have either rematch in Europe a task we KNOW Wardkke point blank WON'T do EVER in his whole boring career.

Those two are making money putting exciting fights and entertaining fans in droves. While Wardkke sits in Oakland making no money, inactive, and with only 30 fans that give a toss about seeing him. That's the reality. Whether he's number 1 or not is scant concelation under those circumstances. He's the most boring fighter in the world undisputed and there's NOTHING exciting on the horizon for him. I know whose position I'd rather be in
oli is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #69
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ward mentions Froch and Kessler more than they mention him. They're more than happy to deteriorate each other and earn £2million each in the process, but he never stops tweeting about them by all accounts.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #70
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
Ward mentions Froch and Kessler more than they mention him. They're more than happy to deteriorate each other and earn £2million each in the process, but he never stops tweeting about them by all accounts.

speaks volumes in itself.. as good as he is he has no following, has fought one dubious fight since the S6 and is always injured. skill set aside there is nothing to be a fan of really so no wander he uses their names to big himself up.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #71
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli View Post
Who has Ward ever put a hurting on? my grandma has more power than Ward and his feather fists. He couldn't knock the fluff off a cappuccino.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Secondly what's the point in making any offer when the only attractive option is for have either rematch in Europe a task we KNOW Wardkke point blank WON'T do EVER in his whole boring career.
How is Europe the only attractive option? And where did Ward say he wouldn't want to figh in Europe.

Face it, Kessler and Froch promoters know that their guys have no chance against a future ATG.
Quote:
. While Wardkke sits in Oakland making no money,
Ward made 2 million to fight Dawson.

Quote:
s. He's the most boring fighter in the world undisputed and there's NOTHING exciting on the horizon for him. I know whose position I'd rather be in
Oh you'd rather be a Eurobum than a top 3 p4p fighter?
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #72
skoorydookatron
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1768

Ward is brilliant but is starting to get on my tits
skoorydookatron is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #73
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post

speaks volumes in itself.. as good as he is he has no following, has fought one dubious fight since the S6 and is always injured. skill set aside there is nothing to be a fan of really so no wander he uses their names to big himself up.
Skill set aside? Is there anything else in boxing.

I love how you slow unathletic eurobums turn boxing into a popularity contest because your fighters suck.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #74
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post

I'm a huge fan of all 3 guys (Kessler and Froch more so, admittedly) but Ward needs to concentrate on his own career. Come May, Froch could potentially have victories over Bute, Mack and Kessler since the super 6 final, whereas all Ward will have done is beat a drained Dawson since then. He had just started to build momentum on what will eventually be an ATG career imo, but he's stagnated.

Granted, he's had injuries and i don't believe for one minute he has (or ever will, for that matter) ducked anyone, but he definitely seems obsessed with Froch and Kessler and should concentrate on his own career. Call out the winner by all means (it's the logical fight to make), but he's just chatting shit at the moment.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #75
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Skill set aside? Is there anything else in boxing.

I love how you slow unathletic eurobums turn boxing into a popularity contest because your fighters suck.
Come on MW, nobody is disputing Ward's skillset. He's one of the most complete fighters since Sweat Pea and is the 2nd most skilled fighter in the sport right now by quite a distance. He truly is an astonishing young fighter and will never lose a fight imo, but he doesn't do himself any favours.

Sometimes he tries to come off as the perfect family man who does his talking inside the ring, and other times he seems a bit bitter that he hasn't got the attention he deserves and that the fight everyone wants to see at 68 is between two guys he's already comprehensively outboxed.
Boxalot is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum