Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #31
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,440
vCash: 115
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by natep View Post
Both fighters aren't worth the 1 million, let alone the 3 million. Neither fighter is a household name, Donaire has had several showings on the championship network, albeit they were mediocre crowd sellers (sans Alvarado Rios). Mares and Golden Boy seem content with selling even less tickets while they run away with huge paychecks via license fee from Stephen Espinoza of Showtime.
since renegotiating, donaire has publicly stated that he gets at least .8mil per fight from TR, last fight against arce, it was reported that he got paid 1.1mil.

hbo triples showtimes budget in boxing and pays more for a fight.
dodong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #32
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,194
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
since renegotiating, donaire has publicly stated that he gets at least .8mil per fight from TR, last fight against arce, it was reported that he got paid 1.1mil.

hbo triples showtimes budget in boxing and pays more for a fight.
I've tried pointing out that we have no idea which offer puts more in Nonito's pocket. This could be a legit from GBP. We don't know that. All we have is Schaefer spinning in the press but that is gospel for some.
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #33
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Julie Benz Island
Posts: 16,375
vCash: 9653
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

**** Top Rank! They have alot of controversial decisions... It's a very corrupt company... They need to go!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #34
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Julie Benz Island
Posts: 16,375
vCash: 9653
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

GBP in! Top Rank out!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #35
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,334
vCash: 400
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I guess you are talking to me? GBP turned down $1 mill by Schaefer's own admission. That is a very good purse offer for Mares. Tell me the terms of both deals and what Donaire walks away with under each. We simply don't know that yet. The revenues for this fight will come off of Donaire's name much more than Mares'.
Arum was offering Mares to split with GBP and is managers. He's headlined events at the Staples Center and has agood Mexican American fanbase.

I really don't know how you consider MAres ducking. Arum offered to pay him BS. So now GBP will pay MAres and DOnaire their purse and Arum money to step aside
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #36
Galaxy.
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 424
vCash: 257
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

Mares wants the fight!

Arum needs to accept the 3 mil offer or counter

Both Donaire & TR look bad if this fight doesn't happen
Galaxy. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #37
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Bronx Baby
Posts: 6,105
vCash: 1124
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

tap me when the fight is made so that i can actually give a ****!
bronx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #38
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

For a guy who volunteers to do yr-round testing so easily, you'd think Donaire would be more flexible in this situation. I mean I know money is a different issue and he's a top P4P fighter and he deserves a very big payday but he's being difficult with both Mares and Rigo. If you can't or won't give us one then give us the other! I'm sure Rigo would take less money than what Mares wants. Stop putting up road blocks.

Mares deserves the benefit of the doubt. Take a good look at his resume and you'll see he has fought a horde of dangerous opponents. No reason to think he would duck Donaire when he's been calling him out for a long time and has no problem taking risky fights in the past.

I hate the business side of boxing. You do see athletes in other sports struggling to come to an agreement but it's never on the same level of disappointment.
gyll is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #39
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,522
vCash: 2415
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
For a guy who volunteers to do yr-round testing so easily, you'd think Donaire would be more flexible in this situation. I mean I know money is a different issue and he's a top P4P fighter and he deserves a very big payday but he's being difficult with both Mares and Rigo. If you can't or won't give us one then give us the other! I'm sure Rigo would take less money than what Mares wants. Stop putting up road blocks.

Mares deserves the benefit of the doubt. Take a good look at his resume and you'll see he has fought a horde of dangerous opponents. No reason to think he would duck Donaire when he's been calling him out for a long time and has no problem taking risky fights in the past.

I hate the business side of boxing. You do see athletes in other sports struggling to come to an agreement but it's never on the same level of disappointment.
That ducking bitch Nonita DON'T WANT THE FIGHT period , first he created a big hype with Rigondeaux to the point that most people thought it was a done deal and then ..... it didn't happen , now he's doing the same with Mares and guess what : it won't happen also . In little more than a month he got rid of the 2 best fighters in the divition by simple especulation without getting in the ring . I don't think he'll fight at all this year tbh , or if he does it will be by the year's end and in another divition ( again fighting " names " ) , lol , ****ing coward .
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #40
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,194
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Arum was offering Mares to split with GBP and is managers. He's headlined events at the Staples Center and has agood Mexican American fanbase.

I really don't know how you consider MAres ducking. Arum offered to pay him BS. So now GBP will pay MAres and DOnaire their purse and Arum money to step aside
A million is BS now? What was Mares' previous high? You know how much each scenario puts into Donaire's pocket?
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #41
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,194
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
For a guy who volunteers to do yr-round testing so easily, you'd think Donaire would be more flexible in this situation. I mean I know money is a different issue and he's a top P4P fighter and he deserves a very big payday but he's being difficult with both Mares and Rigo. If you can't or won't give us one then give us the other! I'm sure Rigo would take less money than what Mares wants. Stop putting up road blocks.

Mares deserves the benefit of the doubt. Take a good look at his resume and you'll see he has fought a horde of dangerous opponents. No reason to think he would duck Donaire when he's been calling him out for a long time and has no problem taking risky fights in the past.

I hate the business side of boxing. You do see athletes in other sports struggling to come to an agreement but it's never on the same level of disappointment.
WTF are you on about? Nonito has options. The options will be presented to him. Simple as that. He is king of the hill in his weight class.
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #42
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,440
vCash: 115
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy. View Post
Mares wants the fight!

Arum needs to accept the 3 mil offer or counter

Both Donaire & TR look bad if this fight doesn't happen
he doesn't have to counter or accept it, he has other options.

if he can pay donaire close to less than 27% (to make donaire happy and make profit) of what gbp is offering, he's going to make another in-house fight.

TR has been planning to stage fights in Macau, if they can get a site fee and hbo money and it's also tax free...Donaire maybe fighting there with or without Mares. TR already is promoting a fight there in April with Viloria and Zou Shiming.

Last edited by dodong; 01-26-2013 at 03:55 PM.
dodong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #43
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MIAMI,FL
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

I made a thread saying...

April 13th it will be donaire vs darchinyan!!
(i have a inside source)

and the mods locked the thread.

Please mods,..when my info gets confirmed unlock my thread.

Cause i have been saying donaire will duck rigo and mares and fight another old washed up guy,in this case that he already beat.
HIGHCOLLIDE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #44
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
$1 mill for Mares? How do you duck it? Oh, make a counter offer for a month that the opponent said he is taking off. Buy a clue.
Still sucking Arum's ****, Hermit?

GBP owned Top Rank, if they feel it's bluff, call it.
BigBone is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #45
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,194
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mares turns down $1Mill "low-ball offer" to face Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
Still sucking Arum's ****, Hermit?

GBP owned Top Rank, if they feel it's bluff, call it.
I remember when you actually used to post boxing related material. So sad to see that you are just another whoring troll now.
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013