Old 03-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #196
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
If Rigo's chin can hold up, I like his chances...
So you think Rigo can outbox Donaire round after round?
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #197
Pound4PoundG
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

donaire is going to make rigo look like an amateur mark my works and remember the name!
Pound4PoundG is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #198
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

God I love this fight so much. The title needs to be "Don't Blink"
janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #199
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

It will probably a chess match. Donaire certainly has stunted creativity when taking the initiative. He really does lack offensive variation, and the ability to be aggressive. This plays into Rigo's hands a bit. The problem is just because Rigo may make Donaire look bad doesn't mean he's actually winning the fights or winning all of the rounds. The margin for error for Rigo is much smaller than for Donaire, and he will fight that way as he usually does and that lack of margin's got to be a little concerning if you're a Rigo fan.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #200
Milpitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
It will probably a chess match. Donaire certainly has stunted creativity when taking the initiative. He really does lack offensive variation, and the ability to be aggressive. This plays into Rigo's hands a bit. The problem is just because Rigo may make Donaire look bad doesn't mean he's actually winning the fights or winning all of the rounds. The margin for error for Rigo is much smaller than for Donaire, and he will fight that way as he usually does and that lack of margin's got to be a little concerning if you're a Rigo fan.
Robert Garcia is known to be an aggressive offensive minded trainer and he's helping Nonito Donaire be more assertive.
Milpitas is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #201
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post

Donaire had a similar fight vs Nishioka, Nishioka did what Rigo will do only Nishioka isnt as good on defense. Donaire eventually waited out Nishioka and bombed him, now my question is does Rigo get impatient and try to do what Nishioka does or does he remain defensive

i think this may be one of those fights where the first guy to open up is the first guy to lose. This is why i think this might be a pretty bad fight
I disagree. In the pocket Nishioka and Narvaez are better on defense than Rigo.

Last edited by Vysotsky; 04-13-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #202
nes01
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I'll start off first saying Donaire is an extraordinary fighter and has the potential to become an atg especially with the talent around his weight class. I actually like Donaire as a fighter when he's on his game. But with that said, I feel he loses to Rigondeaux. Ironically I think Rigo loses to Mares and Mares loses to Donaire. Donaire>Rigo>Mares>Donaire Styles makes fights.

Donaire is similar to his other pinoy companion, Pacquiao where they both strive on fighters bringing the fight to them. That's why he was itching to fight Arce for the longest and why he'd beat Mares. If you look at his fights with Narvrez or Mathebula, he didn't look as good. He even blamed his lack of performance on them being in defensive mode.

Unfortunately for Donaire, while they were in defensive mode, Mathebula was outlanding him 231 punches to Donaire's 151. Narvarez was even up on a good amount of people's scorecards after 5 rounds vs Donaire.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Nonito has relied heavily on his speed, power, size and footwork to win him a number of fights. Combine that with his counterpunching style, he used his opponent's aggression against them and punched at the openings THEY CREATED. The reason he struggled with Narvrez and Mathebula is because they didn't give Donaire any openings, and Donaire doesn't know how to create them himself. Against Rigo, he'll find this immensely more difficult.

Yes Rigo has a suspect chin (so all the people picking him to lose based off that can shut up now). But that won't matter in this fight. Donaire can knock out any opponent with one shot, but he wasn't able to do it vs Mathebula or Narvrez. Donaire is going to have too hard of a time just trying to hit Rigo.

Rigondeaux is going to go out there and present no openings to Donaire and use his foot/headmovements to avoid anything big from Donaire. Yes Donaire is fast, but he tenses up and loads often with his punches, especially when he's frustrated. Rigondeaux has over 300 fights and can identify these things and anticipate his attacks. While Donaire is leaping forward trying to land his left hook, Rigondeaux is going to be countering him with his famous straight left.

No fighter in the game today is better at timing the straight left than Rigo and he'll be able to do it every time Donaire tips him off. When Donaire is in front of a defensive fighter, he tends to get very basic. Little feinting, showboating, dropping his hands, no body punching, no jab. The only thing I wonder about in this fight is how Donaire is going to take Rigondeaux's punch. If he tries coming forward and dropping his hands like he did vs Mathebula, then he may get stopped.
I think this is a pretty good analysis. But I think this would be the reason for Donaire winning by UD and not a stoppage. Rigo cant win without coming to Donaire. He can either be very, very cautious and drop a points decision (because of his lack of a right hand) or try to win and get the fight taken to him. Still, Donaire by TKO is my bet with the bookies.
nes01 is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #203
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

what now bitches

bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2013, 12:21 AM   #204
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru

vCash: 2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
what now bitches

Props
canucks9314 is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2013, 12:23 AM   #205
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Nice call man.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #206
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

Best prediction in recent years !
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #207
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru

vCash: 2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
Shit thread from a Flomo OP. Donaire was wreckless against Narvaez and Mathebula because they were both featherfisted and Donaire had ZERO respect for them. Rigo has power, so you won't see Donaire showboating or gunning for the KO every second of every round.

Donaire has shown a very good beard. I've never seen him in trouble or hurt, though I haven't seen ALL of his fights. I made a thread about this once. Donaire's skin will be his down fall. He puffs up VERY easily.

Rigo's gonna be an exceptionally easy win for Donaire - and the haters are gonna say that Rigo was green, never beat anyone of note, etc - all the reasons that Rigo doesn't deserve a fight with Donaire.

canucks9314 is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #208
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Donaire isnt Pacquiao and his shots aren't telegraphed. He's also the fastest, hardest hitting and explosive fighter at 126 and below. Donaire isn't dumb enough to just jump in wide open on a guy that can only counter punch. Donaire will wait Rigo out and see his chance and he will take UT and Rigo wont be standing after that.
Dunks is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #209
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonit View Post
If DOnaire fights Rigo you will see Rigo totally unconscious

Seriously the fights need no brake up. Rigo can't take Donaire's power he has been hit and hurt by lesser fighters. He will get hit at some point and the fight is over. You guys get obsessed with a certain style of fighters but being slick is not enough. You need the other qualities it's not only the combination of styles. Rigo might have the right style to upset Donaire but he doesn't have the durability to do it and he'll get his ass KOed. Donaire is not Pac and man Rigo is not JMM.
Dunks is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2013, 12:34 AM   #210
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
Shit thread from a Flomo OP. Donaire was wreckless against Narvaez and Mathebula because they were both featherfisted and Donaire had ZERO respect for them. Rigo has power, so you won't see Donaire showboating or gunning for the KO every second of every round.

Donaire has shown a very good beard. I've never seen him in trouble or hurt, though I haven't seen ALL of his fights. I made a thread about this once. Donaire's skin will be his down fall. He puffs up VERY easily.

Rigo's gonna be an exceptionally easy win for Donaire
- and the haters are gonna say that Rigo was green, never beat anyone of note, etc - all the reasons that Rigo doesn't deserve a fight with Donaire.

Last edited by Dunks; 04-14-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Dunks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum