Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #136
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010
Default Re: Joe Frazier Vs. Evander Holyfield..Prime for Prime?

Holyfield either late knockout or UD.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #137
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

A few points that have been raised against Fraizier or for Holyfield in this matchup that are very questionable indeed, but first I'd like to say that FOTC Frazier was IMO the best version of Smokin Joe there's ever been. I don't think anyone wound Frazier up quite the way Ali did. I genuinely think he wanted to knock Ali's head from his body and had never trained as hard or been that motivated for a fight.

I've seen a few mentions of Holyfield backing Frazier up? Get out of here seriously. Not even one of the most destructive punchers in boxing stopped him from coming forward, so I fail to see how someone with power more compatible with Ali is going to have Frazier on the back foot.

Another suspicious point raised was Holyfield keeping Frazier on the end of his jab and that the majority of the fight would be on the outside. Ali is one of the greatest heavyweights in the art of outfighting and of he couldn't stop the majority of the fight being on the inside, ropes and in the clinches, then how is Holyfield going to?

Again people discredit Joe for just having the left hook, but when its as good as it was, is that such a bad thing? It's up their with Wlad and Holme's jab, Louis and Rocky's short right. Deadly for every second of the 15 rounds and those suggesting Frazier wasn't a hard enough puncher to hurt Holyfield, take into account the fact he dropped a man that some consider to have the greatest chin of all time?

Personally I think Frazier wins. Although his style is limited and doesn't really have a plan B, he's so good at what he does that he would rarely need a plan B no matter who he faced. If Holyfield isn't good enough to box Joe or keep him on the end of the jab, and if he tries to go to war with Frazier, there's only going to be one winner whether it's a hard fought victory, that looks fairly comfortable on the scorecards or a late stoppage.
Webbiano is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #138
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Holyfield via late TKO. Too much for Joe.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #139
bazza12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

I think Webbiano nailed it. Great fight, but I think Frazier sets too hard a pace for Holyfield, outworks him.
bazza12 is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #140
energie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

the joe frazier from 1971(fotc) would stop evander holyfield i dont care if frazier only weighed 205 lbs because holyfield only weighed 205 to 218 lbs in his prime anyhow...............FRAZIER BY TKO....bert cooper stood tall but against joe frazier holyfield would fall.
energie is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #141
energie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champian View Post
frazier was a fat 205...holyfield was solid ass **** 215...um....
ya lief was solid and solis was fat...look what happened,.....AND FRAZIER WAS NOT FAT
energie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum