ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Canelo Says Cotto A Possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
says cotto just had a bad nite vs. trout. he also mentioned trout as another possible opponent

just saw it on televisa
it's right in front of you yet you still don't see it, typical
PhilthyRich is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #17
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
Edit - if He fights Cotto I will assume mayweather is facing Trout

It works well for GBP

Canelo will still do massive numbers and stop Cotto

mayweather will take care of trout, removing him as a threat to Canelo, it's also a more legit fight at JMW than anyone bar Martinez

It then clears the way for mayweather - Canelo in september

mayweather is not stupid. he doesnt want to fight trout either in a fight that he may lose that would endanger a canelo fight in september.

floyd has nothing to prove to anyone right now unlike canelo.

when guys like Doc, one of the most die-hard canelo fans, comes out and says that hes going to throw down hate if canelo doesnt fight a legit, in-his-prime, top-10 ranked opponent, thats when you know the gig is up.

and no, cotto does not fit the aforementioned criteria.

and Doc, as well as any canelo nuthugger, knows this.

canelo/trout on may 4.

nice.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #18
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilthyRich View Post
it's right in front of you yet you still don't see it, typical

Maybe it was edited in, I didn't see that **** last night, maybe a bit to drunk eh, **** it.

Also I don't mind a Cotto fight, I'd like to see him pounded to the ground with that PR MEX rivalry and PR will awaken and PRAY for a Upset which will be funny ass **** seeing these boards, Trout got a close points decision on my card didn't dominate until the last rounds....

Lets see how Canelo does, everyone saying Canelo destroys Cotto by TKO that would mean he is better then trout.... or Cotto Froch's Canelo like Bute, you never know.

I still like this fight **** all u, and for sure trout deserves it that's my top choice but cotto is the next best thing...

-Molina-kirkland, out of commision, inactive.
-Angulo, Top 15 not worthy yet regardless of the action fight. Not the worst but meh
-Trout! Best fight to be made! should be the main event.
-Lara vanes- Vanes showed he is under rated, or Lara is Over Rated. Still got business to settle.
-Bundrage, Old Warrior, small and on his way out, got a fight coming up.
-Cotto, Big Name, Casuals have no idea that Cotto lost to an unknown fighter in trout, there last time they saw him was giving the P4P1 Get a hard fought battle. Huge event for PR MEX, another Pass the torch for canelo after he had one with mosely and makes him much more known destroying the Most famous guys in the game like Mosely. And a huge Card if they can get it, It's a fan friendly Action FIGHT and sets up Mayweather next for the Ultimate pass the torch fight if successful.

Trout is the one, Cotto a good second....

So hate all you wan't I've stated before Cotto is still top 10, yeah he lost a close points decision to pillow fists, CANELO will show what a true Prime and dangerous fighter does... but he's a good second choice, no one else Available, unless ya'll want to hate on him feasting on inactive and unready guys like Molina Kirkland,
Doc is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

LMAO... What a ****ing wimp! He's ducking Trout. It's so transparent, what a joke!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #20
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
-Lara vanes- Vanes showed he is under rated, or Lara is Over Rated. Still got business to settle.
Except these guys are meeting for the right to face Canelo. I still don't understand why GBP doesn't pull the rug out from under TR and give the fight to Lara unless they think Lara beats Canelo.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #21
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115

lesson here is, if you're a young up and comer with lots of potential, don't go to gbp. they don't know know how to build up a fighter into a star.
dodong is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #22
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
he was telling cotto not to worry...that he could still sell the fight to the last remaining clueless canelo nuthuggers that would somehow justify that alvarez is not the biggest ***** in boxing if he doesnt fight the guy that called him out in front of 100's of thousand of fans.
Dam skippy, the whole place got quite so I know Canelo heard him. He even called his ass out in spanish so he wouldn't misunderstand him. Some people even say that Canelo was muttering something like " gotta getaway! gotta getaway"! as he was rushing out the exit door.
Manfred is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #23
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Quote:
Former 140lber - Check
Been on a bad run - check
Avoid a more legit threat - check

Sounds good.
It is the way to supers****om. That is how PBF did it.

Former 140lber (Hatton)- Check
Been on a bad run (Judah) - check
Avoid a more legit threat (Margarito, prime Cotto, Pac, Martinez)- check
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #24
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Maybe it was edited in, I didn't see that **** last night, maybe a bit to drunk eh, **** it.

Also I don't mind a Cotto fight, I'd like to see him pounded to the ground with that PR MEX rivalry and PR will awaken and PRAY for a Upset which will be funny ass **** seeing these boards, Trout got a close points decision on my card didn't dominate until the last rounds....

Lets see how Canelo does, everyone saying Canelo destroys Cotto by TKO that would mean he is better then trout.... or Cotto Froch's Canelo like Bute, you never know.

I still like this fight **** all u, and for sure trout deserves it that's my top choice but cotto is the next best thing...

-Molina-kirkland, out of commision, inactive.
-Angulo, Top 15 not worthy yet regardless of the action fight. Not the worst but meh
-Trout! Best fight to be made! should be the main event.
-Bundrage, Old Warrior, small and on his way out, got a fight coming up.
-Cotto, Big Name, Casuals have no idea that Cotto lost to an unknown fighter in trout, there last time they saw him was giving the P4P1 Get a hard fought battle. Huge event for PR MEX, another Pass the torch for canelo after he had one with mosely and makes him much more known destroying the Most famous guys in the game like Mosely. And a huge Card if they can get it, It's a fan friendly Action FIGHT and sets up Mayweather next for the Ultimate pass the torch fight if successful.

Trout is the one, Cotto a good second....

So hate all you wan't I've stated before Cotto is still top 10, yeah he lost a close points decision to pillow fists, CANELO will show what a true Prime and dangerous fighter does... but he's a good second choice, no one else Available, unless ya'll want to hate on him feasting on inactive and unready guys like Molina Kirkland,
cotto is coming off two UD losses. furthermore, this would be his third fight in one year, where he suffered damage in 24 rounds. safe to say that cottos performance will be compromised, something gbp loves in canelo opponents.

can you please tell everyone here when was the last time a champion, any champion, made two title defenses agaisnt opponents coming off two UD losses(mosely/cotto)? in fact, can you name one instance where a champion made a title defense against an opponent coming off two UD losses(mosely) that was not an immeidate rematch?

can you please tell everyone here when was the last time a champion made four consecutive title defenses against opponents that were not top ten ranked in the respective division?

can you please tell everyone here when was the last time a champion beat up another fighter that was ten weight classes below him in a street fight(archie solis)?

its happened one time in the last 20 years.

and the only fighter to be granted all these dubious distinctions is saul canelo alvarez.

no, a cotto fight is absolute bull**** especiallly for a proud country like mexico that has a historic connotation to warriors and not pussies(canelo) that run away any time another fighter(trout) calls him out.

canelo is a straight out maricon if he fights cotto instead of trout

and so are you for trying to make some sort of bull**** "MEX/PR rivalry" to try and justify it.

and your "torch theory" is accurately refuted here,

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

as you can plainly see, all of freddy-wak's torch opponents were not only coming off multiple wins and not consecutive losses like cotto, but they were also champions(second chavez fight was a rematch) which cotto is not, and not challengers, which cotto would be.

you got anymore "torch candidates" that are coming off two consecutive losses to substantiate this "torch theory?"

cause i can sit here all day kicking that ass.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #25
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Canelo is such a joke! And clueless people criticize Chavez Jr who atleast has faced the #1 man on his division and has faced other ranked MW's. .
str1 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #26
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 527

Canelo is becoming an embarrassment to the sport. They must have no confidence in his ability.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #27
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 527

Quote:
Edit - if He fights Cotto I will assume mayweather is facing Trout

It works well for GBP

Canelo will still do massive numbers and stop Cotto

mayweather will take care of trout, removing him as a threat to Canelo, it's also a more legit fight at JMW than anyone bar Martinez

It then clears the way for mayweather - Canelo in september
Floyd wont ever fight a natural 154 pounder.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #28
PhilthyRich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
It is the way to supers****om. That is how PBF did it.

Former 140lber (Hatton)- Check
Been on a bad run (Judah) - check
Avoid a more legit threat (Margarito, prime Cotto, Pac, Martinez)- check
Hatton fought at 147 before he fought Floyd and was an undefeated champ with a huge following and at his A game. (matt hatton he screwed on the scales, lopez barely broke 147 and sucks) Judah was given the opportunity to fight BEFORE his bad run, and like a humble G, Floyd still gave him a chance even though he might not have deserved it (Canelo fights guys because they are on a bad run) and Margarito, Cotto, Poochiao are all top rank fighters (canelo has no people to fight in his own Goldenboy but still chooses not to)
Old 01-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #29
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Floyd wont ever fight a natural 154 pounder.
he beat dlh who was coming off a sixth round ko win over mayorga.

and wtf does canelo making a title defense agaisnt a guy coming off two UD losses(cotto) have to do with floyd mayweather?

were talking about canelo alvarez here and the validity, or lack thereof, regarding another irrefutable worthless title defense against an unqualified opponent.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #30
PhilthyRich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
he beat dlh who was coming off a sixth round ko win over mayorga.

and wtf does canelo making a title defense agaisnt a guy coming off two UD losses(cotto) have to do with floyd mayweather?

were talking about canelo alvarez here and the validity, or lack thereof, regarding another irrefutable worthless title defense against an unqualified opponent.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum