Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 03:25 AM   #1
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681
Default Sorry but Matthyse was a disgrace tonight. Which other JR WW comes in @ 164? Come on!

Coming in 24 pounds over in a JR Welterweight bout. FFS Ortiz @ 147 came in at that weight.

If that is not an error by showtime, then f*** Matthyse.

I like him but if he's going to continue pulling Chavez Jr's, then he's lost himself a fan!

Great KO but he really should stop this! This is reminiscent of Gatti/Gamache

CONFIRMED BY DAVID GREISMAN, IT WAS 163.5, NOT 153

Last edited by MVC; 01-27-2013 at 03:44 AM.
MVC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Sorry but Matthyse was a disgrace tonight. Which other JR WW comes in @ 164? Come

as long as he made the weight its all good.
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:28 AM   #3
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Sorry but Matthyse was a disgrace tonight. Which other JR WW comes in @ 164? Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-D-Willy View Post
as long as he made the weight its all good.
It really does raise some suspicion of him using PEDS. I don't want to believe it, but I want to see the results.

News

David Greisman just confirmed it. It wasn't 153, it was REALLY 163.5
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:36 AM   #4
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

maybe lucas was crying after the fight because he knows he is gonna fail the test. unless gbp is gonna do a cover up
HIGHCOLLIDE is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:37 AM   #5
Clarky Cat
Stalwart
ESB Senior Member

Ridiculous amount of weight gain.
Clarky Cat is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:38 AM   #6
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

if they confirmed it was 163 then he is definitely not gettin any big fights soon
if he can make that with ease he could rule the 140 division for years
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:38 AM   #7
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I don't know what PEDs would allow him to make weight on the day before then put on 24lbs of illegal weight 24hrs later.
But I'm happy to be corrected(and I'm excluding diuretics)
I know it's 153 he came in an but I still would like to know what PEDs people are suggesting here
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:40 AM   #8
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275

If he played by the rules, no problem.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:40 AM   #9
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Disgrace is a strong word. We don't have any proof of him breaking a rule. Suspicious? YES. Disgraceful? NO, not at this particular moment.

Maybe there should've been a rehydration clause? I don't know. If you tell him there's no limit he has every right to weigh whatever he wants on fight night.

I could be wrong but I think the KO is more of a case of Mike Dallas being inept and less of Matthysse's super extraordinary ability.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:41 AM   #10
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict

vCash: 684

He didn't look 163 in that ring to me. He looked the same size he's always in come fight night. Come on we'd notice the size difference on Matty ! let's be real here guys .. ****.
Kampioni is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:41 AM   #11
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
Disgrace is a strong word. We don't have any proof of him breaking a rule. Suspicious? YES. Disgraceful? NO, not at this particular moment.

Maybe there should've been a rehydration clause? I don't know. If you tell him there's no limit he has every right to weigh whatever he wants on fight night.

I could be wrong but I think the KO is more of a case of Mike Dallas being inept and less of Matthysse's super extraordinary ability.
How isn't it disgraceful? Although it is legal, you're basically coming in a MIDDLEWEIGHT fighting a JR welterweight fight.....

The punches you take aren't going to be the same. You have a clear advantage.

It's just frowned upon. And I wouldn't support a fighter who repeatedly practices this kind of thing.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:42 AM   #12
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444

Did he break any rules?
box4life11 is online now  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:45 AM   #13
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by box4life11 View Post
Did he break any rules?
Nope, never said he did. I'm just saying, it's very frowned upon. Coming in 25 pounds over the 2nd day. I can't support a fighter like that and won't.

Let's just wait for the test results.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:47 AM   #14
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I don't know what PEDs would allow him to make weight on the day before then put on 24lbs of illegal weight 24hrs later.
But I'm happy to be corrected(and I'm excluding diuretics)
I know it's 153 he came in an but I still would like to know what PEDs people are suggesting here
Spot on regarding the accusations of PED use, seems like anything that people seem as out of the ordinary must be down to PED abuse.
KCD is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:51 AM   #15
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
How isn't it disgraceful? Although it is legal, you're basically coming in a MIDDLEWEIGHT fighting a JR welterweight fight.....

The punches you take aren't going to be the same. You have a clear advantage.

It's just frowned upon. And I wouldn't support a fighter who repeatedly practices this kind of thing.
Because as far as I know there is no rule that says you can't tack on 24 pounds or whatever it was by fight night. It may seem like an advantage to you but you're not being fair to him by telling him or suggesting to him it's illegal to do such thing. You're kinda being ridiculous. It's like telling me I can't go into a fight with big muscles just because it may intimidate you or make you feel I have an advantage. Like everyone else has said, as long as he plays by the rules, he's safe.
gyll is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum