Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 03:51 AM   #16
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746
Default Re: Sorry but Matthyse was a disgrace tonight. Which other JR WW comes in @ 164? Come

As long as he made weight and his tests come back clean I dont have a problem with it. If he wants to kill his body to make weight and run the risk of over dehydrating that's on him.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 03:57 AM   #17
MannySteward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 806
Default Re: Sorry but Matthyse was a disgrace tonight. Which other JR WW comes in @ 164? Come

When they weigh in on fight night they are wearing all their clothes and jewelry etc. Doubt the reading is accurate
MannySteward is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 04:00 AM   #18
bristols_jim
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Its frowned upon to come in at such a heavy weight? what's the accepted max weight to come in at then, not heard of this unwritten rule before?
bristols_jim is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 04:10 AM   #19
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Nope, never said he did. I'm just saying, it's very frowned upon. Coming in 25 pounds over the 2nd day. I can't support a fighter like that and won't.

Let's just wait for the test results.
But who's to say Dallas wouldn't or couldn't have rehydrated to the same weight?? Matthysse was just putting himself in a position to be fully prepared and the strongest he can be. If I told you we're going to war and you can bring any weapon, wouldn't you want to grab the biggest or most powerful gun there is? Of course you would! You don't know what your enemy is going to use against you so to be on the safe side you are going to be the best you can be. If the other guy is allowed to rehydrate 24 lbs, don't call Matthysse a cheater or even suggest it.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 04:14 AM   #20
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
But who's to say Dallas wouldn't or couldn't have rehydrated to the same weight?? Matthysse was just putting himself in a position to be fully prepared and the strongest he can be. If I told you we're going to war and you can bring any weapon, wouldn't you want to grab the biggest or most powerful gun there is? Of course you would! You don't know what your enemy is going to use against you so to be on the safe side you are going to be the best you can be. If the other guy is allowed to rehydrate 24 lbs, don't call Matthysse a cheater or even suggest it.
I never said he cheated, or even suggested it. I'm saying if he's going to rehydrate like this, then fight at 147 where the playing field is even.

At least have some common decency to make it a decently fair fight.

Julio is bashed on the daily for blowing up ridiculous amounts of weigh. Lucas will be bashed as well.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 04:17 AM   #21
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

Why is he a disgrace?
Sister Sledge is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 04:18 AM   #22
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Sledge View Post
Why is he a disgrace?
Because

1. What he's doing brings forth a lot of suspicion of PEDS

2. Even if he's not on PEDS, he's becoming another Chavez. But in his case, coming in as a middleweight in a JR welterweight bout instead of Chavez (Coming in a cruiserweight in a middleweight bout)
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 04:24 AM   #23
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Nope, never said he did. I'm just saying, it's very frowned upon. Coming in 25 pounds over the 2nd day. I can't support a fighter like that and won't.

Let's just wait for the test results.
if hes clean then **** off no one gives a shit who u support if Floyd did this u wouldnt be sayin shit
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #24
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

thats some chavez jr shit right there, i don't like that stuff.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #25
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
if hes clean then **** off no one gives a shit who u support if Floyd did this u wouldnt be sayin shit
Nope. If Floyd blows up 20-25 pounds, I'd stop being a fan.

You're not only putting yourself in danger (health-wise), you're also awarded an unfair advantage and endangering the health of your opponent.

This is why same day weigh ins are the best. But the promoters would never want that

Anyways, you don't know shit about boxing anyways. **** right outta here.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #26
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Because

1. What he's doing brings forth a lot of suspicion of PEDS

2. Even if he's not on PEDS, he's becoming another Chavez. But in his case, coming in as a middleweight in a JR welterweight bout instead of Chavez (Coming in a cruiserweight in a middleweight bout)
Why would anyone suspect peds? He came in at 138.5 forvthe weigh-in, so he didn't have troube making weight.

Ped's don't help you make weight.

Was the 163 official? Not 153? Who cares? If he gets caught, then we should chastise him. It was a voluntary weighin.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #27
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
thats some chavez jr shit right there, i don't like that stuff.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #28
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

You are reaching.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:31 AM   #29
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Nope. If Floyd blows up 20-25 pounds, I'd stop being a fan.

You're not only putting yourself in danger (health-wise), you're also awarded an unfair advantage and endangering the health of your opponent.

This is why same day weigh ins are the best. But the promoters would never want that

Anyways, you don't know shit about boxing anyways. **** right outta here.
lol comin from the guy that said Bradley had never fought at welter before
ok
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #30
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
lol comin from the guy that said Bradley had never fought at welter before
ok
I said he never fought world contenders at 147, he fought a couple cans there.

Point stands, you don't know shit about boxing. **** on outta here bro.
MVC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum