Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #16
Abdullah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

I had it 96-93 for Matthysse. I thought it was fairly close, but still a clear win for Lucas.
Abdullah is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #17
VBOX
JOURNEYMAN
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 90
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

I'll join the crazy club, 95 - 94 Alexander.

I think Judah won straight up too.
VBOX is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #18
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Don't be an idiot please.
I think it's too late for this!
Badlok is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #19
Guybino
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Its been a while since I watched this fight and with Matthysse being the toast of the esb town tonight I decided to watch it again and score it and see if I'm crazy for having Alexander winning when I first seen it.... guess what? I'm not crazy. Anyone that calls this fight a robbery is crazy. This was a good, close tough fight and yet Alexander never gets credit for it.

BORKED

I had Alexander sweeping the first 3 rounds then coming back and winning the 5th after getting dropped in the forth and the sixth and after Matthysse dominated the 7th and 8th rounds Alexander came out and took the 9th. The tenth was close but I gave it to Matthysse. That 1, 2, 3, 5 , 6 and 9 to Alexander and 4, 7, 8 and 10 to Mathysse with a 10-8 round in the 4th. This fight was extremely close and both guys deserve major credit. Matthysse dropped Alexander with a nice right for the first time in Alexander's career the boy had a chin. Alexander stood in front of Matthysse the entire fight and outside of the 7th and 8th he made Matthysse miss a lot and even had Matthysse looking foolish at times.

95-94 Alexander

Give Alexander his due he fought basically the same as he did vs Maidana but Matthysse is just better then Maidana.

What is your scorecard and do you think it was a robbery?
mutual fan here that isnt riding mattyhesse's dick yet. i watched the fight with the sound off (actually watched it about 4 times in total, enjoyed it that much) close but clear fight for me, i thought lucas landed the harder, better blows and only an argument for devon's workrate can be used for him.

i had lucas winning by 2 rounds
Guybino is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #20
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 119

95-94 Mathysse, not a robbery, but a bit of a hometown decision, In maidana Fight he started clinching more effectively
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #21
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Pretty much the only Alexander fan on ESB and I had Mattyhsee winning by a round or 2. Devon's accuracy let him down against Kotelnik and Mattyhsee.
It was close but the Kotelnik fight was the one you should talk about.
blackbolt396 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #22
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

I havent seen it since it happened live

I remembered thinking Mattyssee had won but kinda had a feeling Alexander was gonna ger the nod

Alexander earned my respect in this fight because after the Bradley debacle Alexander went in with a tough semi unknown guy like Mattysse and got off the floor and traded with him, threw combos and i think did enough to earn my respect

as far as winning the fight i dont really know
KO KIDD is online now  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #23
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post
I havent seen it since it happened live

I remembered thinking Mattyssee had won but kinda had a feeling Alexander was gonna ger the nod

Alexander earned my respect in this fight because after the Bradley debacle Alexander went in with a tough semi unknown guy like Mattysse and got off the floor and traded with him, threw combos and i think did enough to earn my respect

as far as winning the fight i dont really know
He has been earned my respect him and Froch have taken on all comers look at the last 7 fights for Alexander not a soft touch to be seen.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #24
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

I decided to watch the rounds you thought he won. I just cant give Alexander the first 2
Old 01-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #25
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
He has been earned my respect him and Froch have taken on all comers look at the last 7 fights for Alexander not a soft touch to be seen.
This is all true

i think the bradley disappointment and this bad call really hurt ppls ability to like him as a fighter

then in the Maidana fight he took a lot of shit for holding, hopefully as a new Welterweight title holder he can fix his image and bring excitement
Old 01-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #26
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post
I decided to watch the rounds you thought he won. I just cant give Alexander the first 2
Matthysse barely lands a punch of note in the first 3 rounds. Alexander is landing much either but he is touching Matthysse and avoiding his shots.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #27
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Lucas won even without the knock down
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #28
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Of the two I felt Kotelnik was closer to being a "robbery" than Matthessye, just my opinion.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #29
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

It was a terrible robbery, worse than Kotelnik, which wasn't nearly as bad, Lucas lay a beat down on Alexander too
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #30
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
Of the two I felt Kotelnik was closer to being a "robbery" than Matthessye, just my opinion.
Me too I went to that Kotelnik fight Alexander lost that one to me.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum