Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #46
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

I'm a big Alexander fan and I think Matthysse quite clearly beat him.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #47
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Its been a while since I watched this fight and with Matthysse being the toast of the esb town tonight I decided to watch it again and score it and see if I'm crazy for having Alexander winning when I first seen it.... guess what? I'm not crazy. Anyone that calls this fight a robbery is crazy. This was a good, close tough fight and yet Alexander never gets credit for it.

BORKED

I had Alexander sweeping the first 3 rounds then coming back and winning the 5th after getting dropped in the forth and the sixth and after Matthysse dominated the 7th and 8th rounds Alexander came out and took the 9th. The tenth was close but I gave it to Matthysse. That 1, 2, 3, 5 , 6 and 9 to Alexander and 4, 7, 8 and 10 to Mathysse with a 10-8 round in the 4th. This fight was extremely close and both guys deserve major credit. Matthysse dropped Alexander with a nice right for the first time in Alexander's career the boy had a chin. Alexander stood in front of Matthysse the entire fight and outside of the 7th and 8th he made Matthysse miss a lot and even had Matthysse looking foolish at times.

95-94 Alexander

Give Alexander his due he fought basically the same as he did vs Maidana but Matthysse is just better then Maidana.

What is your scorecard and do you think it was a robbery?
idk. it was close. waay closer than the bandwagoners try to say it was aka not a robbery. one thing's for sure. Judah DID beat Matthysse.
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #48
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
watch the 6th round again. please tell me how the hell Alexander won the 6th round. The 5th was closer, I could see that as a 10-10 round
After the first 30 second Matthysse lands nothing outside of clubbing shots in the clinch. Alexander pot shotted him, used defense against the ropes and was ripping a few good right hooks but hey Matthysse misses>>>>> Alexander's lands
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #49
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

I don't think the judah fight was a robbery

The Alexander fight I certainly do

I simply can't score that fight for devon... and neither it seems can 19 out of 20 people of esb.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #50
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

I think you for some reason are letting Matthysse make you somewhat an unreasonable poster regarding him.

You pick Dallas against him - Then when Lucas trashes him in 1, start dogging Dallas instead of giving Lucas props for doing what you didnt think he would do (even if you thought he really would win, you certainly didnt think he would do it in 1, most didnt)

You ask for peoples opinions on if this fight was a robbery, and as of post #54, youve had maybe 2 people agree with you. Boxing fans can never agree to anything, but when they agree that much on something, especially good posters like BoxedEars, then it usually says something.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #51
blacktopbully
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Its been a while since I watched this fight and with Matthysse being the toast of the esb town tonight I decided to watch it again and score it and see if I'm crazy for having Alexander winning when I first seen it.... guess what? I'm not crazy. Anyone that calls this fight a robbery is crazy. This was a good, close tough fight and yet Alexander never gets credit for it.

BORKED

I had Alexander sweeping the first 3 rounds then coming back and winning the 5th after getting dropped in the forth and the sixth and after Matthysse dominated the 7th and 8th rounds Alexander came out and took the 9th. The tenth was close but I gave it to Matthysse. That 1, 2, 3, 5 , 6 and 9 to Alexander and 4, 7, 8 and 10 to Mathysse with a 10-8 round in the 4th. This fight was extremely close and both guys deserve major credit. Matthysse dropped Alexander with a nice right for the first time in Alexander's career the boy had a chin. Alexander stood in front of Matthysse the entire fight and outside of the 7th and 8th he made Matthysse miss a lot and even had Matthysse looking foolish at times.

95-94 Alexander

Give Alexander his due he fought basically the same as he did vs Maidana but Matthysse is just better then Maidana.

What is your scorecard and do you think it was a robbery?
this doesn't have nothing to do with your boy dallas getting co-****ed does it
blacktopbully is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #52
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktopbully View Post
this doesn't have nothing to do with your boy dallas getting co-****ed does it
My boy? Damn people have some imaginations.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #53
blacktopbully
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
My boy? Damn people have some imaginations.
oh i dunno you had a thread saying you was calling dallas to win

seemed so sure

now this ?

do tell us what you are getting at
blacktopbully is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #54
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Cash, you've stated before that Matthysse wasn't that good and that he didn't hit that hard. You then picked Dallas to beat him.
MDJ was then obliterated within a round, and you then label him a glass chinned FNF level boxer.

If he was a glass chinned, low level boxer, why'd you pick him? Or is that just helpful revisionism speaking?
to top it all off, you post a thread claiming Matthysse actually lost to Alexander despite the vast majority thinking Devon lost.

It's quite clear, to me, that you're biased against him.

hes a depressed troll
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #55
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I think you for some reason are letting Matthysse make you somewhat an unreasonable poster regarding him.

You pick Dallas against him - Then when Lucas trashes him in 1, start dogging Dallas instead of giving Lucas props for doing what you didnt think he would do (even if you thought he really would win, you certainly didnt think he would do it in 1, most didnt)

You ask for peoples opinions on if this fight was a robbery, and as of post #54, youve had maybe 2 people agree with you. Boxing fans can never agree to anything, but when they agree that much on something, especially good posters like BoxedEars, then it usually says something.
He beat Devon clearly and would have knocked him out if it wasn't a 10 rounder
box4life11 is online now  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #56
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

this is the idiot who said dallas beats matthyssee by decision lol
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #57
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Love all these genius' that come and post after the fact.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #58
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Quote:
Exactly. Rather than give Matthysse his props for stopping Dallas in one round, he plays Mike down despite picking him to win.

It'd be like me claiming Rosado would decision Golovkin, and then when he loses I begin to call Gabriel a shitty light-middleweight whose done nothing.
So Dallas is an iron chinned world class fighter? Who in the top 10 would you pick him to beat?
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #59
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Quote:
This sentence is laughably ironic.
How is it ironic? Please explain that one to me.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #60
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
So Dallas is an iron chinned world class fighter? Who in the top 10 would you pick him to beat?
you picked him to beat matthyse who was ranked in thew top 5?
lufcrazy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum