Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #61
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 9,546
vCash: 1644
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
you picked him to beat matthyse who was ranked in thew top 5?
And we all seen how that turned out. I had no illusions of what he was but I picked him anyway. Just because I picked him to score the upset of the year doesn't mean he's a great fighter.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #62
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,592
vCash: 1444
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
I don't think he's world class -- You picked him to beat a top 5 world ranked fighter, and when you were wrong, you tried to talk shit about Dallas to further play down Matthysse's win.
It's hilarious, really. I don't think he'd beat anybody that good, but you did. You picked him to beat somebody in the top 10, because you're biased against Matthysse.

You further prove your bias by calling the guy you thought would win shit.
Ouch
box4life11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #63
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 350
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

No he didn't. The polls also suggested the fought was a robbery. I think the ESB poll had Matthyse winning by a clear margin. 200 odd votes to 20.

Matthyse owned Alexander.
Flexe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #64
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
And we all seen how that turned out. I had no illusions of what he was but I picked him anyway. Just because I picked him to score the upset of the year doesn't mean he's a great fighter.
has anyone called him great?

you asked which top 10 guy he'd be favoured over. well you favoured him over matthyse.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #65
Shane_Erich
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 900
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Why do you hate Lucas so much?

You say he doesn't hit hard, but Zab Judah said he was the hardest puncher he has faced.

I wonder who is right...
Shane_Erich is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #66
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 9,546
vCash: 1644
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
I don't think he's world class -- You picked him to beat a top 5 world ranked fighter, and when you were wrong, you tried to talk shit about Dallas to further play down Matthysse's win.
It's hilarious, really. I don't think he'd beat anybody that good, but you did. You picked him to beat somebody in the top 10, because you're biased against Matthysse.

You further prove your bias by calling the guy you thought would win shit.
Shut the **** up. You are a broken ****ing. Yeah I picked him to win and I was wayyyyy ****ing wrong get the **** over it. No where in my opening post did I claim Dallas to be underrated or amazingly skilled fighter. I picked him off of Matthysse limitations.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #67
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 9,546
vCash: 1644
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Because you're the one posting after the fact. You thought Matthysse wouldn't be good enough to win, and when he obliterates his opponent, you changed your tune pretty quickly from, "I think Dallas can defeat a top 5 world ranked fighter" to, "Dallas is a shit, glass chinned opponent."
You asshole I'm the one that picked Dallas before the fight!!!!
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #68
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 9,546
vCash: 1644
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Y'know, when Trout beat Cotto I was highly surprised and gave Austin all the credit in the world for beating a guy I thought he couldn't beat.

What I definitely did not do is play down the performance and victory by calling Cotto a shot to shit welterweight.
OK so you are saying that Dallas doesn't have a glass jaw and isn't a ESPN level fighter? Try answering that question without telling me what I said.

Oh and I picked Trout to win you ****ing dummy.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #69
Guybino
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,383
vCash: 500
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
I don't think he's world class -- You picked him to beat a top 5 world ranked fighter, and when you were wrong, you tried to talk shit about Dallas to further play down Matthysse's win.
It's hilarious, really. I don't think he'd beat anybody that good, but you did. You picked him to beat somebody in the top 10, because you're biased against Matthysse.

You further prove your bias by calling the guy you thought would win shit.
end of discussion
Guybino is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #70
H .
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 218
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

fair and square, very funny
H . is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #71
Elliot
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,653
vCash: 634
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

When I first watched this fight I had 96-93 to Matthysse, but off of watching it just now I had Alexander 95-94, the only debatable rounds was the first and the fifth. I think 95-94 Alexander or 95-94 / 96-93 Matthysse would have been fair scores, I don't think it was a robbery due to the only thing deciding it was what way you gave the 1st and 5th.

I'm in no form an Alexander fan, yes he is a very good boxer but I can't stand the grunting, this is boxing not womens tennis.
Elliot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #72
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,406
vCash: 227381
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

OP has really showed himself to be a moron these last few days. Mathysse makes him go full retard!
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #73
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Don't forget that it was an official title eliminator and scheduled for 12 rounds until 2 days before the fight when Don ****ing King got it changed to 10 rounds so Devon wouldn't get KTFO in the Championships rounds...which he would have.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #74
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
I don't think he's world class -- You picked him to beat a top 5 world ranked fighter, and when you were wrong, you tried to talk shit about Dallas to further play down Matthysse's win.
It's hilarious, really. I don't think he'd beat anybody that good, but you did. You picked him to beat somebody in the top 10, because you're biased against Matthysse.

You further prove your bias by calling the guy you thought would win shit.
Post Dallas KO he still insisted that Lucas didnt hit that hard and that the Ajose fight was boring and thats coming off the Ajose and Soto stoppages, two guys who had never even been knocked down before.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #75
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CAXAP, RUSHA
Posts: 768
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Alexander beat Matthysse fair and square deal with it and get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Pretty much the only Alexander fan on ESB and I had Mattyhsee winning by a round or 2. Devon's accuracy let him down against Kotelnik and Mattyhsee.
You're def not the only Alexander fan on this board, he made me a fan after the Maidana fight, he has great potential despite his loss
OttkeRuiz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013