Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #16
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: The Sunday Clinic: A treat! James Toney vs Gerald McClellan Sparring Video

Bloody hell one reply . Toney seemed to take McClellan's shots well. McClellan was a lovely mover i must say very natural as he glides around ring.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #17
JayTesla
Journeyman

vCash: 75
Default Re: The Sunday Clinic: A treat! James Toney vs Gerald McClellan Sparring Video

james toney is a seriously hard bastard
JayTesla is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #18
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Word.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #19
SuspiciousChees
Contender
ESB Senior Member

People say Mclellan was a poor boxer but all the sparring footage iv seen of him vs the likes of Toney and Hearns he looked like a really good technician. Maybe in fights he just went for the KO too much.
SuspiciousChees is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #20
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspiciousChees View Post
People say Mclellan was a poor boxer but all the sparring footage iv seen of him vs the likes of Toney and Hearns he looked like a really good technician. Maybe in fights he just went for the KO too much.
Yeah i agree he moved lovely, He could change levels. Hand speed was good but i think he was so eager to cause damage he often would walk through hard shots just to land his own. A common issue with power punches they fall in love with there power.

I think the fights he lost (not inc Benn) were all to movers who circled the ring and boxed defensively. It annoyed him by sounds..
Old 02-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
SuspiciousChees
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Yeah i agree he moved lovely, He could change levels. Hand speed was good but i think he was so eager to cause damage he often would walk through hard shots just to land his own. A common issue with power punches they fall in love with there power.

I think the fights he lost (not inc Benn) were all to movers who circled the ring and boxed defensively. It annoyed him by sounds..
Probably fights he could have won easily if he boxed sensibly. But he was a killer, not even Manny Steward could reign him in, he was a bad man.

Given his talent level, he underachieved, despite winning world titles.
SuspiciousChees is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #22
Pale Destroyer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Not seen loads of Toney bellow heavyweight due to my age, what a wonderful pure boxer he is. Never looked unduly worried whilst in there with one of the most murderous punchers of his generation trying to take his head off definitely a wasted talent. shame he was so lazy and undisciplined.
Pale Destroyer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum