Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #121
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300
Default Re: Nonito donaire, a top 50 atg?

I will be watching the following fights, but I can't find some fights (highlighted in red).

HARADA-KINGPETCH 2

HARADA-MEDEL 1

HARADA-AOKI

HARADA-JOFRE 1

HARADA-RUDKIN

HARADA-JOFRE 2

HARADA-HERRERA - DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK?

HARADA-MEDEL 2

HARADA-CARABALLO - DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK?

HARADA-TAROURA - DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK?

HARADA-ROSE

HARADA-HAWKINS - DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK?

HARADA-COLTER DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK?

HARADA-FAMECHON 1

HARADA-FAMECHON 2 - after all of my long and hard efforts watching the previous fights, I get rewarded with a fight in colour

Harada was one of the most popular fighters in history...but not many of his fights were taped even though it was dinosaur age for media tech. I would have thought Japanese tech in 60's = British/American tech in 80's lol

That's 9 fights not including the ones I can't find..I'll thus resurrect this thread in around a month if it dies.

Last edited by anj; 01-29-2013 at 05:32 PM.
anj is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #122
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Apart from the Caraballo fight none of those exist.

I do indeed have the Caraballo fight. Resurrect the thread when you get to it and we'll see whether I upload it or not. It's a ******* as well, Harada badly hurt with the first punch of the fight and drops Caraballo heavily in the same round.

As I've said earlier, I have some rare footage of Harada as well not listed above. You'll also get Harada Vs Rose in colour by the way, it's beautiful.

You've already seen Harada-Medel I of course, as you said earlier Harada was getting well done and it was a mercy stoppage.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #123
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Been a while since i watched it, but wasn't Medel getting thoroughly pounded and outworked most of the way until he landed one of his trademark sneaky bombs off the ropes and Harada couldn't quite recover.

You had to give Medel respect or he would do that to you.
lora is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #124
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Apart from the Caraballo fight none of those exist.

I do indeed have the Caraballo fight. Resurrect the thread when you get to it and we'll see whether I upload it or not. It's a ******* as well, Harada badly hurt with the first punch of the fight and drops Caraballo heavily in the same round.

As I've said earlier, I have some rare footage of Harada as well not listed above. You'll also get Harada Vs Rose in colour by the way, it's beautiful.

You've already seen Harada-Medel I of course, as you said earlier Harada was getting well done and it was a mercy stoppage.
Cheers, will do. What does the rare footage consist of?

I think I'll end up watching Harada-Medel 1 again so I can watch it with greater understanding.
anj is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #125
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lora View Post
Been a while since i watched it, but wasn't Medel getting thoroughly pounded and outworked most of the way until he landed one of his trademark sneaky bombs off the ropes and Harada couldn't quite recover.

You had to give Medel respect or he would do that to you.
Exactly. Although Harada struggled to his feet a few times despite being completely gone.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #126
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
Cheers, will do. What does the rare footage consist of?

I think I'll end up watching Harada-Medel 1 again so I can watch it with greater understanding.
Nothing major in terms of the opponent, post-Rose though, can't say much more than that.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #127
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Rose was class full stop.

Making weight caught up with him quickly mind. He also faced 3 challengers of the highest quality. Bar Sakurai, who had nothing for Masahiko, the other two would've given Harada hassle as well.

Well, Castillo would. Rudkin already did
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #128
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Very much so. You should watch the uber low budget and unintentionally hilarious 'This Is Your Life' with Rose on YouTube.

It is however quality and features other great Australian champs like Carruthers and Fammo. And you never guess who shows up for a hug?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #129
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Quote:
LittleRed

I do rate Jofre better for all those things. Hence why Harada's wins over him see him rank so highly for me, knowing what I know of Jofre if he'd never have fought Harada I'd scoff at anyone giving Masahiko a chance to beat him.

Also, Harada's short career is something I give him credit for; to achieve what he did in such few years is an outstanding achievement.

That's why I rank Foreman so high in my HW list; winning the title at his age is enough to see him supercede fighters with more impressive wins on the resume.

There's where I stand and it's a conclusion I only came to only about 18 months ago or so.

As it stands both men sit comfortably in the 30-40 bracket. Harada for being (arguably) the man from fly to feather (even if those reigns were interrupted, hence why he isn't an Armstrong-esque force) and in terms of longevity and K.O losses Ray Leonard ranks very highly for some incredible wins and unfathomable P4P achievements despite less fights and more time out than Harada. Do I rank Harada in the 11-20 bracket as I do Ray?

Nope, but he deserves to be mentioned alongside the Mike Spinks', Emile Griffith's and Carlos Ortiz's (and Eder Jofre's) of that 'bracket'.

IMO of course.

Proceed if you have any qualms with the above and I'll be happy to answer but hopefully you'll see where I'm coming from now.
Answer forthcoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
I'm not blaming Jofre for Harada's habits, I don't even know if Harada was a party animal, I just know that he had trouble keeping his weight down.

I was just making an observation. To be honest, for me, I don't know if longevity should really be an issue.
Some fighters start young and are finished young. Some fighters get out when they know they're past their best, some fighters carry on and it's disastrous and some carry on and get away with it.
Sanchez for example didn't have longevity but he was still a great fighter.
I agree to an extent. And I think there's a universal law stating that guys who start fighting world quality opposition very young burn out young. Benitez, Chang, Harada,.Cuevas, etc. The reverse corollary is also true: starting late means finishing late: Foreman, Moore, Hopkins, etc.

But at the same time longevity (and winning over that frame) is very hard to do. Sanchez is a great fighter. What about Johnny Kilbane? Doesn't that freakish staying power mean something?

Quote:
I feel like Kasparov Vs Deep Blue

You going round the houses to see if you can make me slip up (won't happen) is a bit worrying
I'm the computer right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Nah, cīmon, donīt be modest Flea. You know a lot about Jofre, Harada and etc....
I didnīt read it yet btw I need to spare some quality time for ESB fun time.
Vic any input would be appreciated.
LittleRed is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #130
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Yes you're the computer. Because you're a man and a computer. I'm a man on a computer (the chess board) spitting off the dome like a prime Slim Shady. You're just working around my opinions to try and stump me, that's what it seems like anyway.

No, I haven't figured out where to put Jack Dillon, Nonpareil Jack Dempsey, most of the Murderers Row, Packey MacFarland (jeez), Floyd is hard to rank for many reasons, Loughran is hard to place as well, does Rosenbloom make it blah blah blah, I hope you're not going to list loads of fighters and say 'what did Harada do better than these' because as McGrain eloquently put it's not maths it's music. My answer to a lot of those would be simply 'IMO Harada was the man in 3 weights with no super/junior classes and someday weigh in's' and was the only man to beat Jofre. Because that holds that much worth to me.

Nothing you can really come up will change that I don't think, but noodle away by all means.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #131
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
Answer forthcoming.

I agree to an extent. And I think there's a universal law stating that guys who start fighting world quality opposition very young burn out young. Benitez, Chang, Harada,.Cuevas, etc. The reverse corollary is also true: starting late means finishing late: Foreman, Moore, Hopkins, etc.

But at the same time longevity (and winning over that frame) is very hard to do. Sanchez is a great fighter. What about Johnny Kilbane? Doesn't that freakish staying power mean something?

I'm the computer right.

Yes, course it does! and in Jofre's case, he still looked like a great fighter late on..
AlFrancis is online now  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #132
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I also have Sanch' quite high in my top 100 despite his death. I can see him in the 50-60 range.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #133
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Mostly i'm just fiddling around. If pressed I would rank Harada around where you do- in the 30-40 range. I rank Jofre a little higher I think. Just wondering out loud so to speak because its an interesting case because they overlapped to such a degree and even fought twice. I'm essentially saying why I rank Jofre higher despite having direct evidence to the contrary.
LittleRed is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #134
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

That's what I used to do! Then one day I just took the plunge. It's like ranking Louis over Ali. You know you can argue it, you've just got to have a little bit of bottle to tell yourself I believe this as you've held something to be true for a while and as this isn't an epiphany and more a gradual realisation of something that has been staring you in the face it's a little harder to digest.

That's how I found it anyway. Now I bang the drum for Harada.

Carry on then. If it's cathartic, vent at me.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #135
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
I will answer this thread tomorrow, Iīm too lazy tonight...
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum