macp1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Tyson best Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
If you're talking Prime Larry, like this:
Holmes from Holyfield or Mercer fight, after he's shaken off the rust?
macp1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #62
Goodfella
Team Elite 2012 Cool Cat

vCash: 1615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir23 View Post
Tyson is one of the most overrated fighters of all time. His resume is very weak. He was a glorified bum beater. He was a mentally weak punk who always folded like a cheap tent when things didn't go his way. He lost 6 times, got KTFO 5 times, quit twice. He never avenged any of his losses.

Wlad >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tyson

Vitali >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tyson

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Goodfella is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #63
RememberingC.S.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir23 View Post
Tyson is one of the most overrated fighters of all time. His resume is very weak. He was a glorified bum beater. He was a mentally weak punk who always folded like a cheap tent when things didn't go his way. He lost 6 times, got KTFO 5 times, quit twice. He never avenged any of his losses.

Wlad >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tyson

Vitali >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tyson

There is no need to be so mean!
There are some positive things about Tyson, he was tachnically excellent, some of his combinations were sweet! And additionally he made an enormous number of peoples follow the world of boxing, helping a lot in making the scene so big and international as it is nowadays;
Plus, and that should interest you, he never disrespected the K2, and he often expressed words of congratulations in their regards; and that means a lot, if you consider Tyson's past problems and character;
Personally i like Tyson, for some reasons including his life troubles; but anyway, we should all try to respect every fighter, being he even z category; they all risked the life, on the ring.
RememberingC.S. is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #64
RememberingC.S.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Corrie Sanders is better than Wlad. Its a proven FACT.
This is madness... Wlad was inexperienced and got surprised by an particularly in shape Sanders; the Wlad of nowadays would have surely avoided being caught that way, particularly from the headbutts; that being said, Corrie is the only one of his losses that could have had some chances of beating him again;

But, mostly: in your mind, when someone weaker beats someone stronger, then he is stronger than him?
Then , James Douglas is stronger than Tyson, just to keep in theme...
It doesn't work like that, dude;
and let's all try to keep the discussion on topic, and to avoid random fantasies and general insults...

damn, that thread was interesting, but it derailed!
RememberingC.S. is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #65
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Tough to say really.

I reckon I'll go

Tucker
Berbick
Spinks
Holmes
Bruno

But there's many others like Golota, smith, Thomas, Ruddock etc that could easily be picked.

Very good resume and only beaten once in his prime it's a shame he never got the rematch.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #66
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

I dont know why Tucker is being rated so highly as a Tyson win. The only decent win Tony had was Douglas (a fight he was miles behind in until Buster gassed) & he fought Tyson with a broken hand.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #67
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
I dont know why Tucker is being rated so highly as a Tyson win. The only decent win Tony had was Douglas (a fight he was miles behind in until Buster gassed) & he fought Tyson with a broken hand.
He was an undefeated belt holder and the fight was very close with Douglas when he pulled out the big shot.

He was able to do what mike couldn't that night.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #68
Fnatic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 324

Quote:
I'm talking about you being clueless by casting doubt on a prime Iron Mike's ability to get inside a jab.

I'm attributing your cluelessness to the fact that you weren't around in Tyson's heyday rather than to you being stupid so there's no need to feel insulted.

As to how a prime Iron Mike would handle a Prime Vitali, Iron Mike pounds him relentlessly for several rounds before pancaking him completely in the 6th.

Wlad would have a much easier time of it. He would be unconscious before he hits the canvas in the first. Iron Mike would have handled him Marvis Frazier style:

And here's the Larry Holmes fight:

There's no way either Klitchko could take that kind of heat.
He couldn't get past Buster Douglas jab, Vitali could take his shots easy, mike couldn't take Vitali's though. Vitali's got an ATG chin, Tyson had an average chin.
Fnatic is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #69
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
He was an undefeated belt holder and the fight was very close with Douglas when he pulled out the big shot.

He was able to do what mike couldn't that night.
I had Buster comfortably ahead, retrospectively the undefeated record looks good but TNT wasnt all that. He did well to survive the 12 though he did land that early bomb.

Thomas was a much better fighter than Tucker, so was Ruddock.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #70
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
I had Buster comfortably ahead, retrospectively the undefeated record looks good but TNT wasnt all that. He did well to survive the 12 though he did land that early bomb.

Thomas was a much better fighter than Tucker, so was Ruddock.
I think I had Douglas 1 or 2 up. Good fight that, scarcely mentioned today.

Thomas was top class as his victory over spoon shows. Brilliant victory by mike over someone I'd argue was the best HW out there for a short while.

Ruddock, had a huge rep as an avoided super heavyweight. Hard to place him. I know in the rematch these two were considered by some to be the best two heavyweights in the world.

Tyson has a massively underrated resume and there are a lot of guys at a similar level. Very hard to pick just 5. I include Holmes and Spinks for hof value but really neither are amongst the 5 best men he beat.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #71
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macp1 View Post
Holmes from Holyfield or Mercer fight, after he's shaken off the rust?
6 to 8.
Sandman_ is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #72
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Because the Tucker that faced Iron Mike in his prime would have beaten any other fighter that Iron Mike faced in his prime.

A very underrated fight between two guys who were at their peak and were undefeated at the time they met.
Sandman_ is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #73
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnatic View Post
He couldn't get past Buster Douglas jab, Vitali could take his shots easy, mike couldn't take Vitali's though. Vitali's got an ATG chin, Tyson had an average chin.
Prime Tyson had a great chin. Vitali has never been hit by someone who had the combination of speed & power that Iron Mike had in his prime.

Go back and watch the Larry Holmes fight I posted for you. All of it, from start to finish.

Larry had an ATG jab btw. It just wasn't on show in that fight.
Sandman_ is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #74
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Very good resume and only beaten once in his prime it's a shame he never got the rematch.
That depends on what your definition of his prime was.

I will always maintain that his prime ended at the Spinks fight. He was very focussed in his career up until that point.

After the Spinks fight, there was no-one on the horizon. He got into a street fight with Mitch Green, broke his hand & then had the longest layoff in his professional career to that point.

He returned against Frank Bruno & was sloppy (something Iron Mike himself agrees with). In my view, he was never the same again.

His prime ended at the Spinks fight and he was therefore never beaten in his prime (by my definition of what his prime was).

Personally, I think the version of Tyson that reigned from the Trevor Berbick fight through until the Spinks fight was the best heavyweight we've ever seen. There's no-one you could say definitively that could beat that version of Tyson.
Sandman_ is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #75
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

Quote:
Because the Tucker that faced Iron Mike in his prime would have beaten any other fighter that Iron Mike faced in his prime.

A very underrated fight between two guys who were at their peak and were undefeated at the time they met.
No he wouldnt.

Tony was big, durable & well conditioned but he just wasnt that talented. He wouldnt make a top5 for the 80's heavyweight, lower end top 10 is more realistic.
DrMo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum