Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #16
Nigelbro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2524
Default Re: Anthony Mundine lets fly at Arthur Beetson and Laurie Daley ahead of Geale fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
you miss the point then.

mundine tries to sell tickets by calling a dead man an uncle tom, and you think thats ok?
No, I don't. I was about to write: Unlce Tom, I've heard it all now.

There is a big picture, and a small picture. Like you said, he's selling tickets so he picks the most obscure-off the topic crap he can dig up.
The big picture is a world title fight and all things being different this could've been for a WBA title too. There is some big fish out there for a bloke who was twittering Mayweather not so long ago.
I would consider the colour of someone's skin the small picture when the fight is on Wednesday.

I've never heard of this Uncle Tom before did I miss the memo? Anglos uncles are generally old pervs if you're really looking for a stereotype.
Nigelbro is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #17
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044
Default Re: Anthony Mundine lets fly at Arthur Beetson and Laurie Daley ahead of Geale fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Yawn. Kent's a great fisherman.
You don't need to be when dealing with Mandy though, he's an easy target.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 12:49 AM   #18
Nigelbro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Have you noticed the hordes of aboriginals crying out to condemn his comments? Nope.
They gave up on that a long time ago, they just ignore him.
I can't speak for Beetson but some guys couldn't shower with their white team mates back in the day, among other things. I reckon he'd be giggling at a bloke from the hood in a shiny track suit.
Nigelbro is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 12:54 AM   #19
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbro View Post

I've never heard of this Uncle Tom before did I miss the memo?

swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #20
Nigelbro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Some aboriginal tribes (for instance noongar) don't speak the first name of the deceased, they can't even say it in the press. No skin off my nose if he's calling someone that he has to walk in his own shoes.
I just saw the press conference and I noticed then when Geale tried to speak, Mundine interrupted. Says it all. Geale called him an idiot in the pre fight presser.
Nigelbro is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #21
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Ho hum, how predictable, 3 days out from a fight and acting like he knows what he's talking about combined with trying to act like Mohammed Ali

I've noticed of late that he keeps mentioning what a great bloke he is when you get to know him

Bottom line, he's criticising a dead man for the sake of trying to create controversy to sell more tickets to his fight in order to make more money for himself.

In other words, he has no respect for anyone when it comes to money.

What a righteous soul brother
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #22
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Have you noticed the hordes of aboriginals crying out to condemn his comments? Nope.
They gave up on that a long time ago, they just ignore him.
I can't speak for Beetson but some guys couldn't shower with their white team mates back in the day, among other things. I reckon he'd be giggling at a bloke from the hood in a shiny track suit.
When Mundine was at the Dragons there was a "brothers" corner in the change room that no white players were allowed to enter.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 01:16 AM   #23
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
When Mundine was at the Dragons there was a "brothers" corner in the change room that no white players were allowed to enter.

What a weak arse disjointed club. Any club with half a backbone would have but the clever through any type of racial faction happening within.
Dragons
pecks is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #24
Nigelbro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
There you have it.
Nigelbro is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 02:13 AM   #25
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
mundine and blacklock doing somersaults for st george was absolutely thrilling. they were excitement machines, no doubt about it. mundine did take the first step by playing 1 origin game.. all he had to do was wait. they all had too. no doubt daley had to wait for lewis to finish etc. daley didnt bad mouth him for the position, he let his 'old legs' do the talking.
He played 3 origins all off the bench.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 02:21 AM   #26
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
He played 3 origins all off the bench.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 AM   #27
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

Quote:
What else can they write? Geale won't talk. What's his next stepping stone after Geale, GGG? Unify the division I heard. A Current Affair should run a story on underprivileged misunderstood celebrities who found out too late that life's not fair. For anyone.

Has Main Event been running episodes of The Contender in between the fight promos? They should rename it "Australia's Next Top Bloke."
I don't care what he says about Geale,his wife or Daley thats just puffery to stir up controversy and I didn't care when he said that him,Blacklock and Peachey were not picked because of race and attacked Artie when he was alive but he's dead man Just unnecessary. I suppose I do want to see him get beaten badly more now so it's worked if that was his intentions.
Next step if he beats Geale. IMO he will ditch the belt rather than face Sturm and fight Medley for the vacant IBO JMW title. Medley's probably not in the top 50 but they will find a way to justify it. Now that grinning Greeny is retiring Phil will cater to his whims. MUNDOG!!!!!!!
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 AM   #28
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Mundine is borderline illiterate, you'd think after all the time he's put himself in the spotlight he'd be able to string a few words together, Kent made him look like a mug again
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 02:25 AM   #29
Mr Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
You don't need to be when dealing with Mandy though, he's an easy target.
Its like dropping a grenade in a goldfish bowl, can't miss.
Mr Hands is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 AM   #30
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

Quote:
GTFOH is that true? Didn't help us win a premiership.
stiflers mum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum