Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #16
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1001
Default Re: There were reports of Garcia canceling the fight due to training before the "inju

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
I can't really blame Garcia, it must be hard getting motivated to fight the likes of Judah. I understand the Garcia's wanted a name and a highlight reel knockout but Judah isn't even close to world class, they should be fighting better opposition if they want to keep advancing his career.
Who do you blame? Many people didn't get paid.
Overhill is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #17
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: There were reports of Garcia canceling the fight due to training before the "inju

I am extremely disappointed...........................
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 02:08 AM   #18
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhill View Post
Who do you blame? Many people didn't get paid.
I blame the promoters of professional boxing who make it a money making exercise instead of a sport with the best fighting the best. When an athlete can't get motivated to fight someone who's purely a name in order to increase their marketability it's not surprising. Truly competitive athletes who want to be the best want to fight the best, it's not about money. Promoters and managers decide who fights who and their bottom line is making a dollar. Judah hasn't been relevant for a long time but fans enjoy seeing him so he gets all these title shots despite always falling short. Garcia is a young guy who obviously gets told who to fight, if he can't get up for the likes of Judah I can't hold it against him. Sure he could've just went in half-arsed and knocked him out or he might've looked poor and hurt his marketability due to his lacklustre training. You're not allowed a poor showing at that level or fans turn against you. Better off getting knocked out or doing something stupid than winning unconvincingly, just look at Judah. Tim Bradley would be a bigger draw now if he got knocked out by Pac. It's the fans and the promoters, pro boxing isn't really a sport.
It's why I prefer amateur boxing, it's an actual competitive sport. Pro boxing is just a business. It's great when the best fight the best but it very rarely happens.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #19
knotty150
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 826

Friggin fight should never have been made in the 1st place. Judah's never been arsed to give a good account of himself and consistently falls short of giving the fans their moneys worth.

I was actually gonna come out with something like "Judah doesn't deserve a shot at the title," but I think we all know even they're a complete load of BS. Judah's quite the legitimate titleholder given how little they actually mean. He doesn't deserve a shot at Garcia, nor does he deserve a shot at any other 140 contender, he's a level below that as far as I'm concerned.

As long as Garcia finds a different, more credible opponent asap then I couldn't care less. Lets hope it's someone like Bradley/Khan/Lopez or Marquez, someone who'll actually give us a good showing and won't find the bitch way out like Judah.
knotty150 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #20
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

He's just stalling the inevitable, a 12 round boxing lesson from Judah
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #21
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He got hurt...it happens, not sure why all the bullshit.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #22
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

TS is from BK. His comments are automatically invalidated.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #23
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

I didn't pay any attention to those rumours at first, but seeing as though he's now pulled out, it causes a bit of suspicion. Especially when, during and after Matthysse's fight, he was tweeting as normal; claiming he's ready for anyone and that everyone's calling him out, etc.

Then suddenly he suffers a rib injury? The heck from? Putting his iPhone back into his pocket?

Edit: Did WBC do a 30-day weigh-in check? Be interesting to know what their weights were, if these training rumours have any truth to them.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #24
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

Garcia the punk,punks out.It is that simple.Can't back up his old mans bullshit in Brooklyn.
All bullies are the same.
fatcity is online now  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #25
Blackness
Danny Garcia Beat You...
ESB Senior Member

Later Sunday, Garcia went into detail with ESPN.com, saying he injured a rib on his left side during a sparring session with former titleholder DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley on Jan. 19.
"I didn't even really feel it until we were done," Garcia said. "But then I felt pain in my side and then when I was cooling down I couldn't raise my hands over my head. I had a real sharp pain and I couldn't really breathe. I went to the doctor and had an X-ray, and the doctor said I have a bruised rib, a wall contusion."
Although Garcia said the doctor said he would be out for four to six weeks, he tried to work through the injury this past week.
"But the pain was really severe. I couldn't even sleep," Garcia said.
Garcia said he did not train at all last Monday or Tuesday and started to run after that but was still in pain.
"Every time I breathed hard, I felt like I was being stabbed," Garcia said. "I talked to my manager (Al Haymon) and said, 'Give me until Saturday, and if I can spar, I'll do the fight.' But I wasn't mobile enough. It was tender and hurting and I couldn't do it. I didn't want to go into a big fight with a bad rib. There's a lot to lose. So it's best to listen to the doctor. I'll give it a few weeks and hopefully I'll be back in there in April. I'm still fighting Judah. I still want to fight him. I'll still give Judah his butt whipping."
Added Angel Garcia, Danny's father and trainer: "Better to be safe than sorry. We don't want him 70 percent. We want him 100 percent. We don't want no excuses, so the best decision was to postpone the fight to another date when Danny is 100 percent."

Stop being spoiled brats... the dude is injured and out of commission... shit happens and he is not the first boxer to get injured in sparring.

You wish the Garcia's were dumb and went into the fight injured...Nah, no silly macho "I will fight with a broken spine!" ala Mike Tyson bullshit here. They will come into the ring at 100% in April.
Blackness is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #26
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity View Post
All bullies are the same.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #27
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I didn't pay any attention to those rumours at first, but seeing as though he's now pulled out, it causes a bit of suspicion. Especially when, during and after Matthysse's fight, he was tweeting as normal; claiming he's ready for anyone and that everyone's calling him out, etc.

Then suddenly he suffers a rib injury? The heck from? Putting his iPhone back into his pocket?

Edit: Did WBC do a 30-day weigh-in check? Be interesting to know what their weights were, if these training rumours have any truth to them.
Mid January. Garcia 150, Judah 151.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #28
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3000

Was/is Judah Vs. Garcia for all the belts or just one of the ORG's?
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #29
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

What now I have tickets to this ****ing fight!

Jesus Christ..... do I need to get my money back or do I just wait and use the same tickets on 4/27?? Do I have a choice, I guess I should call the Ticketmaster.

**** man!
bronx is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #30
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Mid January. Garcia 150, Judah 151.
Thanks.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum