Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
richard mossley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1022
Default Will Sky Show Big Domestic Showdowns Again With Safe Eddie At The Helm?

I think not. The best we will see his Kell Brook against Matthew Hatton. Eddie steers his fighters to the top and avoids huge domestic fights.

If I want big domestic fights, then you know Frankie is involved : Haye Chisora, Murray Mitchell, Murray Burns, Groves De Gale, Haye Macrenneli, Clev Bellew.

Edward Hearns is going to bore us to death steering his fighters to WBC/IBF final elimators that noone is arsed about.
richard mossley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
UP93
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Sky Show Big Domestic Showdowns Again With Safe Eddie At The Helm?

Yeah but Matchroom cards wipe the floor with any other UK promoters, so he's not all bad. How often have ****** and Maloney etc given us dreadful undercards? And what Domestic showdowns have we missed because of Hearn can I ask? None that I can think off.

Shit thread, you whinging bitch
UP93 is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default Re: Will Sky Show Big Domestic Showdowns Again With Safe Eddie At The Helm?

Which big domestic fight has Hearn avoided? That's a blatant lie.

You are right to suggest that many big fights won't happen though. Frank, Hearn and Hennessey all have TV deals, which means they aren't going to let their fighters appear on other networks but to single Hearn out for this issue is laughable. The fact is, we aren't gonna see Bellew/Cleverly II, DeGale/Groves II or Fury/Price. There are too many issues with TV for these to happen, and it's the fault of all the promoters or none of them. They're all in the same position.

Hearn is putting on the best shows in Britain. That obviously annoys some people, though I'm not sure why any boxing fan would dislike the promoter who delivers the best results for us.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard mossley View Post
I think not. The best we will see his Kell Brook against Matthew Hatton. Eddie steers his fighters to the top and avoids huge domestic fights.

If I want big domestic fights, then you know Frankie is involved : Haye Chisora, Murray Mitchell, Murray Burns, Groves De Gale, Haye Macrenneli, Clev Bellew.

Edward Hearns is going to bore us to death steering his fighters to WBC/IBF final elimators that noone is arsed about.
If those eliminators are decent like bellews and had a fight like crolla - mattews on the under card im happy. Im sure he will makr Frampton-quigg if he can.also he also tried to make Rees-murrey.
ashedward is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
richard mossley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Which big domestic fight has Hearn avoided? That's a blatant lie.

You are right to suggest that many big fights won't happen though. Frank, Hearn and Hennessey all have TV deals, which means they aren't going to let their fighters appear on other networks but to single Hearn out for this issue is laughable. The fact is, we aren't gonna see Bellew/Cleverly II, DeGale/Groves II or Fury/Price. There are too many issues with TV for these to happen, and it's the fault of all the promoters or none of them. They're all in the same position.

Hearn is putting on the best shows in Britain. That obviously annoys some people, though I'm not sure why any boxing fan would dislike the promoter who delivers the best results for us.

Lets see Teddy Hearns put his money in his pocket and deliver us Barker Macklin in 2013. Eddie will keep talking shite, he has more chance of Khan McClosky 2, than Brook Khan. No way will he matchmakers Frampton with Quigg.
richard mossley is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #6
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

The UK scene for domestic match-ups, in my opinion, is pretty shit as of right now. There aren't many massive match-ups that we're craving. Even Price-Fury... it's not a fight where we believe both guys are at some great pinnacle in a 50/50 fight.

Even with Frank's guys, what 'big domestic showdowns' are there? Most of the names mentioned in each fighters stable are more or less going onto the point where they have to be in world level fights, rather than domestic dust-ups.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

I'm a sceptic about Hearn, but I believe he's tried to make Frampton-Quigg and Quigg's team aren't interested. Ideally it'd be nice to see a balance between the two approaches.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Lets see Teddy Hearns put his money in his pocket and deliver us Barker Macklin in 2013. Eddie will keep talking shite, he has more chance of Khan McClosky 2, than Brook Khan. No way will he matchmakers Frampton with Quigg.
So you are trying to say Hearn has not made a genuine effort to make Frampton-Quigg, and what.. Hatton has ?
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #9
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
So Hearn has to deliver certain fights otherwise it means he's a cunt who is blocking any good fights from happening? That's an odd way of looking at it.

Like I said, what big fights has Hearn got in the way of?

As for Brook and Khan, maybe they'll fight, maybe they won't. I think if they end up both having world titles it would be a huge bout but there's no real reason for it to happen before then. Lets not forget that they aren't even in the same ****ing division right now, so calls that Hearn is ducking the bout are premature, to say the least.

The problem Hearn has got is that Hatton, Maloney, Hennessy, Frank and others won't work with Sky. That makes it incredibly hard for Hearn to be involved in big domestic fights.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #10
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
The problem Hearn has got is that Hatton, Maloney, Hennessy, Frank and others won't work with Sky. That makes it incredibly hard for Hearn to be involved in big domestic fights.
In fairness, jack, that is partly Eddie's fault. Sky kicked everyone else off, so they don't see why they should help Sky or Eddie make money.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
In fairness, jack, that is partly Eddie's fault. Sky kicked everyone else off, so they don't see why they should help Sky or Eddie make money.
How is it Eddies fault?

Should he have delivered a shitter product so people like Maloney didn't look as bad?
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #12
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
That's not Hearn's fault though. If he was delivering shit shows and Maloney was giving us fans a good product every week, Eddie would have been kicked off Sky and Maloney would have been given all the dates. Sky gave an ultimatum to the promoters and told them to deliver, and only one promoter did, which was Hearn. The others got what they deserve, I think. If you were running a business which started losing money, and you spoke to your three employees and said "we need to sort things out here, if you can't do the job, I'll sack you" and only one worker actually improved, you'd be well within your rights to sack the other two for not performing.

It's not Hearn's fault the other two didn't buck their ideas up. They were all told the same thing and only Eddie delivered. Had Maloney and Hatton improved their product, things would have stayed the same and it'd be three promoters on Sky instead of one. However, Maloney and Hatton didn't do that so they're getting punished for it now.

I can understand Hatton and Maloney being annoyed that they were kicked off Sky but their frustrations should be with themselves. They are the ones who blew it.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #13
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Froch vs Bute
Froch vs Kessler
Barker vs Martinez
Brook vs Alexander
Rees vs Broner
Bellew vs Chilemba
Frampton vs Martinez

All fights in the past year where a Matchroom fighter is in a 50-50 or higher fight against.

Of all the promoters in the UK Hean is the most aggressive and ambitious in terms of matchmaking. If anything Eddie is overly confident with his fighters.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #14
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Should personal agendas come into it though? Pretty sure Maloney would have made more money had he accepted the offer to co-promote Price with Matchroom on Sky than what he is doing with Box Nation and his fighter would have also been better off.

If Hatton comes up with something big for Quigg, Vassell, Buckland etc like he did for Martin Murray fair enough, but if those guys sit on the shelf for 6 months and then fight a Brazilian for the WBA Inter something at a leisure centre in Oldham your looking at problems.

In terms of Hearns fault for being kicked of Sky, thats a soft arguement. They only have themselves to blame.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #15
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'm a sceptic about Hearn, but I believe he's tried to make Frampton-Quigg and Quigg's team aren't interested. Ideally it'd be nice to see a balance between the two approaches.
Hearn said he has made offers in excess of 6 figures. 100k for a fight at SBW is big money when theres no world title.
USA Rob is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum